Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Luke Edwards' incontinence on our collective chips strikes again - 

"Have urged #nufc to formally respond to latest claims from Bin Zayed Group who are now effectively saying they’ve bought club and are waiting for clearance. This does not tally with anything I’ve been told in the last 48 hours. Also heard from PL" - Luke Edwards. 

Edited by Polarboy

He’s full of shit on this topic tbh. His sources also said Khaled wasn’t related to Mansour and that’s been shown to be bollocks. He might know his stuff at other times but he’s clearly completely in the dark on this story. His last sentence of “Also heard from the PL more on @telefootball later” is click bait. 

Edited by Howay

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

He’s full of shit on this topic tbh. His sources also said Khaled wasn’t related to Mansour and that’s been shown to be bollocks. He might know his stuff at other times but he’s clearly completely in the dark on this story. His last sentence of “Also heard from the PL more on @telefootball later” is click bait

Yeah, it'll be "Also heard from the PL... and they are refusing to comment."

• Like 1

:D Never a truer word said in jest. Here's Edwards with that implied bombshell he promised from the PL about the takeover.

"Neither have the Premier League, who told Telegraph Sport on Wednesday afternoon they would not provide a “running commentary on a takeover that may or may not happen.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/29/newcastle-united-takeoverbin-zayed-group-claim-have-provided/

• Haha 2

I must admit I’m enjoying all these journos who have no more information than anyone else, making stuff up and then going “it’s a back and forth rollercoaster” :lol: meanwhile Bin Zayed are sticking to their claim and NUFC and the PL are holding no comment. 

The mail have said the PL haven’t received anything, I guess after telling everyone else they won’t comment they decided they had to give the mail a response. 

:lol:

The Sheikh is having their lives. Every time their fake sources tell them something he's releasing a statement making them look clueless. Even Douglas said yesterday that PL had received nowt and today he's moving saying oh well it's not as far along as you might think though. Fucking chancers

• Haha 1

Why should the club say anything just so those dicks have something to print? :lol: I like how their official story is "We don't know" but are trying to frame it as there being mass confusion. Quite why football journalists think they deserve to know everything and want to be bigger than the story is beyond me; they have absolutely no concept of their own lack of importance

• Haha 1

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

By selling up and fucking off.

And all this while the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seriously though, if this goes through and we start spending enough to do more than tread water and get relegated every few years what do we do?

How much is the going rate for decent premier league players nowadays? Where do we need to strengthen assuming we can't buy an entire squad in one summer?

If we're going to start spending on a level to compete with the rest of the also rans (I'm assuming we're not aiming straight for the top teams because that would be mental) who do we target?

giphy.gif

And...can it be done while retaining the clubs (for lack of a better term) soul?

Its been half my life since there were good times at this club that weren't in some way tainted, the season we finished 5th being brilliant but marred by pards and ashleys presence, I'm baffled by this.

Possibly all that deserves it's own thread, surely? Although the risk then is the deal falls through and we're left with a sad reminder of our crushed hopes and dreams :D

I think I'm with you Andrew. On the one hand we all want the fat cunt out of our club. On the other, gaining success through Arab money does feel tainted. My worst fears, other than this being a wierd stunt, are that this particularly Arab isn't loaded enough. I mean, if I'm going to prostitute myself I want the John to pay loads of money. If I'm going to be dirty, I may as well be absolutely filthy. Anything to win a trophy basically. 

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt