Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Also not sure what the difference is between Arab money and British or Chinese money if he isn't actually one of the royal family. His investment portfolio might be totally benign.

Still depends on intent/ambition though - when I heard about a billionaire buying us in 2007 we all thought we'd be spending big and that turned to shit. 

26 minutes ago, NJS said:

Still depends on intent/ambition though - when I heard about a billionaire buying us in 2007 we all thought we'd be spending big and that turned to shit. 

true!  not all billionaires are equal .. :icon_lol:

lets hope if this goes through, the next one has looser purse strings 

If he has an investment portfolio, the point of it will be to 'invest and grow', unlike Ashley whose primary motivation beyond getting a bit of love initially was to advertise sports direct.

Also, he was going to buy Liverpool using £1.25bn from his own backers. So I think we could roughly state that the level of money he has available to throw at the project after the sale is anything up to about £1bn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I think I'm with you Andrew. On the one hand we all want the fat cunt out of our club. On the other, gaining success through Arab money does feel tainted. My worst fears, other than this being a wierd stunt, are that this particularly Arab isn't loaded enough. I mean, if I'm going to prostitute myself I want the John to pay loads of money. If I'm going to be dirty, I may as well be absolutely filthy. Anything to win a trophy basically. 

To be absolutely clear, nobody is paying you for sex. 

Nobody. 

Have to admit, I'm checking quite regularly. Despite the fact that we've all been told a number of different time frames, with the most optimistic that I can recall being Friday...

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It's literally all based on the word of an Arab. An ARAB FFS.

I think you’ll find it’s pronounced ay-rab

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We haven't been this far along before though, as far as I can tell?

Tbh Ray nobody really knows how far along we are. But we have been in this situation before, then it all comes tumbling down. I'm hoping its true  but remember this is Ashley.

I mean, I'm not sitting here with baited breath, but I do feel that this is all pretty encouraging so far. If it falls through, it falls through - I'm not going to feel embarassed about having hoped for the best though.

• Like 1

All I would say on the proposed purchase by The Sheik is that when Mansour bought us, there was never any indication they were even looking to buy us. It was just announced one morning, I would view the publicity as worrying as this isn't how they go about their business. 

Hope it is true though as it will be great to see another set of fans go through what we have lived for the last 10 years. Just get ready for the "where were you when you were shit" songs followed by the accusation that you only became fans in 2019! 

I’m hopeful, slightly excited at the prospect of a new owner with ambition.. but know full well how this could pan out.

I think different situation to man city, much stricter on ffp these days, although hoping we can actually spend beyond what we do now.. and this sheikh probably not as wealthy as Mansour. We will see.. but Id just be happy with a new owner who would back his manager 

8 minutes ago, GXC said:

All I would say on the proposed purchase by The Sheik is that when Mansour bought us, there was never any indication they were even looking to buy us. It was just announced one morning, I would view the publicity as worrying as this isn't how they go about their business. 

Hope it is true though as it will be great to see another set of fans go through what we have lived for the last 10 years. Just get ready for the "where were you when you were shit" songs followed by the accusation that you only became fans in 2019! 

That’s something we can’t be accused of, surely? Our ground has been full of people dining on the shit sandwiches served up by Ashley for the past decade 

14 minutes ago, GXC said:

Just get ready for the "where were you when you were shit" songs followed by the accusation that you only became fans in 2019! 

The difference being we averaged 51k "when we were shit" and in the Championship. In 1997, Man City averaged 27k in the Championship ;)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, trooper said:

Apparently Ryder's been in contact with the club 3 times in the last 24 hours hes been told the same thing "No comment now piss off"

Tbh, mate, they’re under no obligation to say anything just because the press have nothing new to fill the papers with. People say these things move quickly but I’m assuming that’s relative. Quick in business terms, I’d imagine since this wouldn’t be a simple deal, I’m sure.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt