Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Man City v Mansfield in the late 90s.

Attendance 3,007.

'Where were you when you were shit'  has always been Man City's opening chant. Always after the home supporters first chant. 

Haven't you got windows to lick?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The difference being we averaged 51k "when we were shit" and in the Championship. In 1997, Man City averaged 27k in the Championship ;)

I knew someone would say that, conveniently forgetting the 16k average you had in 1990?! And in the 1997 you averaged 35k in the prem. I went through the full 35 years of winning nothing and still went in the bad days, so I am can vouch for the hardcore support we continued to have during that period. Yes we now have an additional 10k match going fans from our pre-takeover average in 2008. They are largely made up of fans who picked and choosed previously which games they attended rather than tourists.

All I am saying is get your tin hats on, especially if you end up overtaking the established elite. That is when the press go full pelt on you for daring to overtake their darlings

35k was our capacity in 97 like.

I work in Manchester and I like the Man City fans, they had really good attendances in the second and first division imo

13 minutes ago, GXC said:

All I am saying is get your tin hats on, especially if you end up overtaking the established elite. That is when the press go full pelt on you for daring to overtake their darlings

:lol: If we manage to do that then I'd happily take the shit from the press.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, strawb said:

35k was our capacity in 97 like.

I work in Manchester and I like the Man City fans, they had really good attendances in the second and first division imo

Cheers pal, I didn't take that into account, however it doesn't matter what attendances you had before..... FFS even teams like Brighton and Bournemouth (no disrespect meant) sing it to us! Everyone will forget what happened before you had money, in fact Newcastle will only have history from the point of takeover. Forget the trophies you have won before....they don't exist.

The old "Big 4" don't know how to handle being overtaken with the exception of Chelsea. And they control the media so you get it from all angles. But  I wouldn't swap it for anything….just enjoy the ride and hopefully you can challenge for the title with us. Be great to see you overtake United & the Dippers and watch the frothing at the mouths :)

• Like 1

I mean, we haven't won a trophy in 50 years so I could see them making an argument there with some success :lol:

I have to admit like, I haven't really had an issue with City winning the league since the other clubs are at least making a go of it, but that result against Watford in the FA Cup..  Idk man, if that was ever us winning 6-0 I think i would have started to feel a bit embarassed about it.

I said recently in another thread that all your money makes it hard to have strong feelings about you as a club, positive or negative. If it went the same way for us, I think it would be a disconnect from what i believe the personality of the club to be.

That said, I believe that personality is summarised as one of "glorious failure" so perhaps any success would be a disconnect...

Full set of no comments on our behalf 

No comment from the club

No comment from the Premier League 

No Rafa  refuses to comment on the takeover & his contract talks

Honestly the press give us pelters now. We have to sit and watch utter cunts like Rio Ferdinand sit and praise Ashley while he’s running NUFC into the ground with “what does a club like Newcastle expect?”. Even our ex-players like Bellamy pile into the fan base for being deluded and mostly get agreement. I’m sure if we do start overtaking the media darlings Bellamy will be the first to highlight his NUFC career. 

Edited by Howay

50 minutes ago, trooper said:

Full set of no comments on our behalf 

No comment from the club

No comment from the Premier League 

No Rafa  refuses to comment on the takeover & his contract talks

No comment. 

I don’t think you’ll hear from the club until the Sheikh makes an official “Ive bought the toon” statement.

Do you ever hear much anyway from the seller in these situations? 

Edited by @yourservice

2 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

I don’t think you’ll hear from the club until the Sheikh makes a “Ive bought the toon” statement.

Do you ever hear much anyway from the seller in these situations? 

The alleged buyer seems to be telling everyone :razz:

I wonder what kind of tearful farewell we'll get from him if it goes through :lol:

It'll probably include 20% off at SD stores that will mysteriously become irredeemable at time of purchase.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I wonder what kind of tearful farewell we'll get from him if it goes through :lol:

It'll probably include 20% off at SD stores that will mysteriously become irredeemable at time of purchase.

Actual footage of it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If that flight is getting here tomorrow, it be taking off shortly, won’t it? ASSEMBLE THE KIDS ON HALF TERM! FIRE UP THE FLIGHT CHECKER APP!

I doubt the towel heed air force one will be on flight tracker

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Honestly the press give us pelters now. We have to sit and watch utter cunts like Rio Ferdinand sit and praise Ashley while he’s running NUFC into the ground with “what does a club like Newcastle expect?”. Even our ex-players like Bellamy pile into the fan base for being deluded and mostly get agreement. I’m sure if we do start overtaking the media darlings Bellamy will be the first to highlight his NUFC career. 

Bellamy will all of a sudden embrace his NUFC time and remember all the good times I'm sure. Camel face Ferdinand can get to fuck the absolute phoney cunt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GXC said:

All I would say on the proposed purchase by The Sheik is that when Mansour bought us, there was never any indication they were even looking to buy us. It was just announced one morning, I would view the publicity as worrying as this isn't how they go about their business. 

Hope it is true though as it will be great to see another set of fans go through what we have lived for the last 10 years. Just get ready for the "where were you when you were shit" songs followed by the accusation that you only became fans in 2019! 

I think we’d all settle for that :lol: 

tbh I’d happily settle for Ashley out and steady investment/improvement. But if some daft arab wants to throw money at us then I couldn’t care less what people sing at us

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bellamy will all of a sudden embrace his NUFC time and remember all the good times I'm sure. Camel face Ferdinand can get to fuck the absolute phoney cunt.

Thick as fuck ex-footballers with lazy ill informed opinions. The pundits never get any better.

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt