Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

He’s posted some mad old shit on Twitter for being a lawyer :lol: talking about us signing Mata, Robben and James Rodriguez. Therefore, with him being confirmed as a lawyer, they’re coming in. Off to get Robben on the back of my manky new home kit.

• Haha 1

There are some massive flops/old injured guys/people who didn't cut it at the very top/not wanted at their current club players moving around this summer.

Mata, Robben, James, Coutinho, Sane, probably Ozil.

I am looking forward to us being linked with all of them!

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The Arabian bloke on twitter that gave us the timeline of tomorrow for a big announcement has apparently been confirmed as one of the sheikh's lawyers.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/05/30/sheikh-khaleds-lawyer-makes-big-takeover-claim-friday-announcement-incoming/

https://twitter.com/dhalajmy

His Twitter feed portrays him more of a Journo and Manure fanboy than a lawyer, also a lawyer would surely be bound by confidentiality craic?

I'm not sure I would want Robben or Mata. In their prime I would have taken them obviously. But our squad is built on hungry players giving 100% and fighting for each other. Chucking a superstar looking for one last big payday into the mix is only going to cause issues. We don't want to go back to the days of buying castoffs from big clubs (Owen, Parker, Duff, Geremi, Butt etc.) Most of them got us relegated and fucked off when we went into the Championship

• Like 4

Robben I could do without, hes really injury prone for one thing.

Mata is brilliant though, I'd love to have him.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Robben I could do without, hes really injury prone for one thing.

Mata is brilliant though, I'd love to have him.

This, if this was all to go through and these blokes did invest a good amount of money I’d love to see Mata come in. He’s only 31 and he comes across as a good pro tbf. 

I think if this lot were to try and het us challenging for the top 6 as a short-ish term aim you’d want a Mata type in, along with some upper mid table level players to boost the level of the squad for the first season. 

I agree on Robben though, he only started about 7 Bundesliga games this year and really is at the tail end of his career. 

Anyway, I’m going to try and stop getting myself excited :lol: we still have a 25 Clem roadblock in the form of Mike Ashley between the above and more of the same penny pinching/bleeding of the club. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Les said:

https://twitter.com/dhalajmy

His Twitter feed portrays him more of a Journo and Manure fanboy than a lawyer, also a lawyer would surely be bound by confidentiality craic?

Confidentiality? Hasn't really stopped the Sheikh has it? But yeah I have no idea which is why I said apparently. He could be a pure chancer looking to increase his social media profile for all I know, but this guy who's a British football journo in the middle east that did a chronicle podcast has vouched for him.

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

As if anyone of you would turn down mata, or robben for that matter! Better than any players we have had since shearer

I wouldn't turn him down but I wouldn't be particularly excited over Robben.

Hes incredibly injury prone, has a volatile personality and is 35.

He's a big name but I wouldn't trust him to deliver much of anything for the money he'd cost.

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

This, if this was all to go through and these blokes did invest a good amount of money I’d love to see Mata come in. He’s only 31 and he comes across as a good pro tbf. 

I think if this lot were to try and het us challenging for the top 6 as a short-ish term aim you’d want a Mata type in, along with some upper mid table level players to boost the level of the squad for the first season. 

I agree on Robben though, he only started about 7 Bundesliga games this year and really is at the tail end of his career. 

Anyway, I’m going to try and stop getting myself excited :lol: we still have a 25 Clem roadblock in the form of Mike Ashley between the above and more of the same penny pinching/bleeding of the club. 

I'm all in on enjoying this for what it is, a possibility.

Fuck knows if this goes through, if it does he might be no better than ashley, but for now I can amuse myself talking about the possibility of signing Juan Mata or whether I'd take Arjen Robben at the club, its better than nothing! :lol: 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, the flood lights are on at St James. The sensible opinion is that they're removing advertising before the rugby starts but the outlandish opinion, and therefore the correct one, is that the new lads are tearing the Sports Direct signs down with their bare hands before we see them holding the shirts tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hello everyone, the flood lights are on at St James. The sensible opinion is that they're removing advertising before the rugby starts but the outlandish opinion, and therefore the correct one, is that the new lads are tearing the Sports Direct signs down with their bare hands before we see them holding the shirts tomorrow.

Which rugby is on? 

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The way Fatty works, it wouldn't surprise me if NUFC have  a 20 year contract to advertise Sports Direct

Hope not, as completely, wholly and indisputably legitimate new sponsorship and naming right deals are the most legitimate way to subvert comply with FFP rules whilst spending oodles.

5 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The way Fatty works, it wouldn't surprise me if NUFC have  a 20 year contract to advertise Sports Direct

It would cost an astronomical fee of nothing to buy out the contract considering the money that has been given to the club for the advertising.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt