Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Someone called Odin over on N.O. has posted this....

Nesreen Osman and her team in both UAE and the UK office are the lawyers looking out for BZG’s interests. No idea about Ashley’s side.

Conflict of interest in having the same firm is correct. BZG have used Pinsent on major construction work before so they have history.

My source at Pinsents tells me her team have already been in discussions with Benítez but at an early stage. All very relaxed as this is a totally new contract with a new employer but he’s probably having to sell his vision all over again so it will take time.

As far goes Pinsent yes, I moonlight as a recruiter for high level positions. Legal is one of the areas I dabble in along with Localization and Digital. I’ve pinched a few for them (Pinsent Masons) in the last 2 years. Especially when they were setting up a new Dublin office.

2nd post from Odin....

I didn’t post all day yesterday as am on holidays in Italy right now but when I saw all the news yesterday evening I reached out to my guy and he was aware of it so I didn’t need to fish too much for the info.

The takeover is a formality at this stage I’ve been told. Pinsent have a big team working on this, I assume Ashley does too with his lawyers so it’ll get trashed out in due course.

The main thing now is for BZG to move funds into a holding account controlled by the law firm. He doesn’t know for sure as he’s not working directly on this but he says deals of this size are usually done in instalments over the course of a few weeks and if the club has been broken up into smaller pieces like it has, each transaction will be a tranch of parts of the club, until it’s all transferred over in full.

Any news on Microsoft's future involvement? 

The main thing now is for BZG to move funds into a holding account controlled by the law firm. He doesn’t know for sure as he’s not working directly on this but he says deals of this size are usually done in instalments over the course of a few weeks and if the club has been broken up into smaller pieces like it has, each transaction will be a tranch of parts of the club, until it’s all transferred over in full.

That makes fuck all sense to me.

So my prediction is that things will go quiet again for a few days, and everyone will fall back to believing that it's all a scam by Ashley, until the next small amount of progress is revealed, at which point we all start talking about how much we should be prepared to spend on Mbappe.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Go on then, Gekko. Explain it, motherfucker.

Genuine questions 

1.) Is this likely to be really happening now ? (I.e. takeover)

b.) How far along is it ?

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

According to .com we potentionally play City in that Asian tournament thing mid July. Sheikhy ain't gonna wanna lose that so expect this to move quickly

He's already stared he's not able to compete with his because so probs means we'll keep Joselu!

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

Genuine questions 

1.) Is this likely to be really happening now ? (I.e. takeover)

b.) How far along is it ?

It's certainly still in progress. All the signs are positive. But until the fat cunt signs on the dotted line we can't say anything with certainty.

Ashley selling is only half the problem, we need to know just how much these Arabs are worth and what their plan is for us.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

That makes fuck all sense to me.

That’s because it sounds like bullshit. Why on earth wouldn’t they buy it all at the same time, its not as if they’re saving up sports direct coupons to do it......

......or are they?

1 minute ago, t00nraider2 said:

He's already stared he's not able to compete with his because so probs means we'll keep Joselu!

Where did he say that, mack?

3 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

wtf are you trying to say?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Yeah I’m not getting excited by changing signage 

Its bollocks anyway. There's no chance Ashley would be ripping down his own signs until the club is officially sold. If it falls through he will have to pay to have them remade and put back up again. He's too tight to make that mistake 

6 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

“We” :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Its bollocks anyway. There's no chance Ashley would be ripping down his own signs until the club is officially sold. If it falls through he will have to pay to have them remade and put back up again. He's too tight to make that mistake 

I heard they were old photos. I also heard the deal is definitely happening. The source is someone who works for the elite academy that some of the players have invested in. I won’t believe it until it’s happened like 

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt