Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

If it takes "at least 10-15 days" and we're on day 18, we don't have enough information to say anything about it. All he was told is it wouldn't take less than 10-15 days.

I don't understand why the lack of news over something that we were advised would run on past the end of the month is getting to people. What do we want to know exactly? Which particular part of the due diligence they're up to?

Clearly this is the most serious takeover bid we've received, and if it had fallen flat then surely the buyers would have revealed this. It may not happen but it can't have failed yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

f it takes "at least 10-15 days" and we're on day 18, we don't have enough information to say anything about it. All he was told is it wouldn't take less than 10-15 days.

I don't understand why the lack of news over something that we were advised would run on past the end of the month is getting to people. What do we want to know exactly? Which particular part of the due diligence they're up to?

Clearly this is the most serious takeover bid we've received, and if it had fallen flat then surely the buyers would have revealed this. It may not happen but it can't have failed yet.

I agree (agree with KCG’s point about the second bidders too btw). The bit in bold in particular was doing my head in reading the chain, all of them including the knacker journo who put that in were acting like it was exactly 10-15 days :lol: these things take fucking ages. The group even said they were really hoping to get it done before the end of June, so it not being done in mid June doesn’t give us anything different to worry over than we had originally. 

44 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

I've been told there is some important financial meetings this week so things still progressing.

Good luck with your interview in the job centre.

• Haha 2

I guess I jinxed it. I got carried away thinking a takeover was imminent and therefore took the bottle of red wine (D‘Arenberg‘s Lauging Magpie) with me when I went on holidays to Catalunya two weeks ago. The bottle has been in my cellar for nearly 10 years now and I promised to open it the day the fat cunt fucks off.

It looks like I will have rather expensive vinegar on my chips in a few years time tbh...

If the takeover falls through I hope those Arab guys will at least do the best sulking they can do and openly say why the deal was called off and not just do the Staveley and Kenyon thing pretending it was never a necessary business decision, but attack Ashley from every possible angle.

• Like 1

I was informed by a colleague who's a season ticket holder who's been working with the club recently and who's been in touch with a local organisation member associated with the club. It could all still go tits up, but he seems confident of things progressing.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt