Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Since Bruce has been appointed the mainstream media have, as expected gone onto the next news story.  Nothing following up about the lack of signings or anything.

We have an absolute thread bare squad.  Nothing from the bench to change things.  Just the Ginger Pirlo.  That cunt must be laughing himself to sleep on a night.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 07:46, wykikitoon said:

Since Bruce has been appointed the mainstream media have, as expected gone onto the next news story.  Nothing following up about the lack of signings or anything.

We have an absolute thread bare squad.  Nothing from the bench to change things.  Just the Ginger Pirlo.  That cunt must be laughing himself to sleep on a night.

Along with Aarons, Murphy, Gayle, Lazaar, Saivet, Elliot.

Rafa worked wonders finding clubs to take them on loan with a view to getting them out of the club. Now its back to square one with the fucking lot of them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

A very quick reality check for Bruce :lol: 

He has only himself to blame as he is in full charge of transfers. But it would probably help if he was paying for transfers himself...

Hello. I'll probably get some abuse here as a season ticket holder at another club (Liverpool) but I've just listened to a podcast about Ashley and Newcastle United and it's pissed me off.

I don't really like Newcastle United or any other club and their supporters bar my own but the way I've just heard it so eloquently put what he has done to your football club is criminal. The man is an evil bastard and the way he buys things and effectively downgrades them for his own personal windfall is hideous.

Not even sure why I've just registered on the site of another football club - just felt a moment of solidarity when listening to some Geordie fella (in the 'Strawberry' bar?) talking about how people have eventually just lost interest and stopped bothering with the football club.

To think someone could be banned for life for having a scrap outside the stadium on matchday or running on the pitch to celebrate a goal or something like that, yet this cunt is allowed to do this.

This is not really meant to be one of those cringey 'I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you' type of things. I don't wish you well on the pitch particularly. Just think the people of Newcastle deserve a football club that represents them rather than some criminal purveyor of low-quality sports gear who basically uses slave labour.

Bye.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, BEC said:

Hello. I'll probably get some abuse here as a season ticket holder at another club (Liverpool) but I've just listened to a podcast about Ashley and Newcastle United and it's pissed me off.

I don't really like Newcastle United or any other club and their supporters bar my own but the way I've just heard it so eloquently put what he has done to your football club is criminal. The man is an evil bastard and the way he buys things and effectively downgrades them for his own personal windfall is hideous.

Not even sure why I've just registered on the site of another football club - just felt a moment of solidarity when listening to some Geordie fella (in the 'Strawberry' bar?) talking about how people have eventually just lost interest and stopped bothering with the football club.

To think someone could be banned for life for having a scrap outside the stadium on matchday or running on the pitch to celebrate a goal or something like that, yet this cunt is allowed to do this.

This is not really meant to be one of those cringey 'I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you' type of things. I don't wish you well on the pitch particularly. Just think the people of Newcastle deserve a football club that represents them rather than some criminal purveyor of low-quality sports gear who basically uses slave labour.

Bye.

Good post. You don’t have to be a Newcastle fan or sympathiser of the club generally to see what an utter cunt Ashley is and how terrible his stewardship has been.

Rafa‘s reaction:

People in Newcastle have been talking about my decision to move to China without knowing what happened behind the scenes during my three years at St James’ Park.

I haven’t wanted to say too much about that — I’ve encouraged supporters to get behind Steve Bruce and his new team — but I’ve been made aware of what Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, claimed in the club’s match programme last weekend and I think it’s important I address that.

Newcastle’s board had a year to sort out my contract but, when we met after the end of last season, they didn’t make me an offer I could accept. They told me they didn’t want to invest in the academy or the training ground — if they like, I can explain the reason why Mike Ashley refused to do that. Their idea of a project was a policy of signing players under 24 and, in my opinion, the budget available was not enough to compete for the top 10.

After that meeting, I knew they would not come back with a serious offer and, when it arrived, 19 days later, it was for the same salary as three years earlier and with less control over signings. Charnley’s comments in the programme about having a deal agreed for Joelinton in February explains a lot that I couldn’t understand at that time.

After three years of unfulfilled promises, I didn’t trust them.

When we finished 10th in the Premier League in our first season back, all players and staff were paid a bonus — aside from my coaching team. That felt like a punishment for me not signing an extension.

I couldn’t explain that in public because I was not allowed to talk to the press without their permission, so I was waiting until late June, like every fan, hoping there would be good news about Newcastle’s prospective takeover.

The time was passing and we were losing job opportunities in Europe. I couldn’t wait forever. I’m a family man and I have a responsibility to them, my staff, Paco, Antonio and Mikel, and their families, too. I don’t like to gamble with the future of my people.

In front of us we had three options: nothing serious from Newcastle, the hope of a possible takeover or a different project. Yes, it was a big offer in China — I have never denied that — but it was also another continent and another league, from a club giving us a lot of recognition and respect. That decision wasn’t easy, but it was clear.

On Sunday morning, I switched on my television in Dalian and there was a documentary about Alan Shearer being shown. Can you believe that? It’s true.

I saw joy in the faces of Newcastle fans after every goal. I didn’t need the reminder, because I was there so recently, there with all my heart, but it made me think again about that history and potential. And it made me consider something else: what would an 18-year-old Newcastle supporter think about his club now?’

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 4

Charnley trying to justify the state of the training facilities 

Newcastle spent over £65million this summer on transfer fees and were the ninth biggest spenders in the Premier League in terms of recruitment.

"You go and spend it on the training ground it means there is less to spend on the team," Charnley added.

"Spend it on the Academy, there is less to spend on the team.

"Spend too much on wages, there's less to spend on the team.

"That doesn’t mean we don’t spend in all those areas, because we do, but our view has been at this point in time the priority is what goes on to the field."

Charnley went on: "It doesn’t mean we don't want to update the training ground.

Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional.

Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No.

"Would we like to have it at some stage? Absolutely."

Edited by trooper

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt