Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Dear me what? Love Keegan but he's a bottler. He'd have been off like a shot if placed in the Gillett/Hicks carry on. Then probably sued them.

:lol::good:

I can't help but feel that is just a further attempt to lump on to the click bait of that other article, the side is doing well and there isn't a lot going on so they're creating a bit of controversy by making it seem like Rafa is about to be fucked right over and walk.

Maybe it will happen but until it does this is all just the papers, I'm not sure how they would really know what was discussed at that meeting and they seem to be reading a bit too much into what Rafa was saying imo. They're using the fact we've not brought anyone in to help fuel this sort of talk but as the Fish said it could also be Rafa thinking we're top of the league, doing well, and he feels we have enough to get promoted so why spend 15-20m on Championship fodder like Tom Cairney when we could put that money to better use in the summer.

I absolutely do hold Ashley in the lowest regard though and none of this would shock me at all, it would be his most ridiculous decision yet effectively fucking over a Champions League winning manager to give more responsibility to a 72 year old bloke who had us spunking 25m on two shite French players that barely saw the field. You can also point to Carr getting Sissoko etc who we made massive profits on but I don't see why you'd have to fuck a manager over by taking all control away from him to see similar results.

Does seem to be an element of reading too much into the situation here. But with Ashley's history you really never know. Even if Rafa does stay on for a few years we can expect these alarm bells to ring every now and then. Whether its click bait or genuine concern leading from the fact this really is the last chance of anything good happening to us under Ashley. 

Dear me what? Love Keegan but he's a bottler. He'd have been off like a shot if placed in the Gillett/Hicks carry on. Then probably sued them.

You're so controversial

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/827143313245478912

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/827143793585557504

Can any of the accountants put me right?

correlation isn't causation

Sounds to me like he's made the clubs own £33m available to the club. But had previously moved that money to MASH Holdings.  wouldn't think you can just pull money out of a company, but perhaps because of the loans?

Is this the company that wholly owns NUFC? How is it only showing an investment in subsidiary of £26.

I'm not sure what it the company relates to but it's likely the £26 is a 26% of a nominal £100 capital investment.

I'm not sure what it the company relates to but it's likely the £26 is a 26% of a nominal £100 capital investment.

MASH HOLDINGS owns 100% of Newcastle United, 100% of MASH Alpha and 74% of MASH BETA

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06861426/filing-history

MASH ALPHA owns 26% of MASH BETA

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09347300/filing-history

MASH BETA owns 51% of Sports Direct

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09347448/filing-history

Just found out MASH holdings also owns 55% of Strawberry Place Limited, which I'd never seen before.  It was re-named in December and the Director is Ashley's daughter's lad - Michael Murray.

Nice Christmas present.

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

Personally I think we'll have a few rough years ahead before he finally fully understands what's needed and appoints someone like Benitez.

Just like to quote this now and again when the general mood is a bit down

You've got to ask about Carr. His job was seemingly made redundant by Rafa but he mysteriously stayed in a yet-to-be-clarified role. Rafa has one window and suddenly it's reported that Ashley wants to revert. Reckon he's in his ear... wants his control back?

Not sure his role was made redundant, just reigned in a bit. He remains a chief scout, doesn't he?

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt