Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Spoke to another fan yesterday who told me, straight faced, that he "has a mate" at the training ground. Mike Ashley turned up, allegedly, to give Rafa a few ideas on how to run his training sessions. Rafa told him where to stick it, and since then Ashley has completely ceded control of all affairs to Benitez.

He said that it was Rafa's choice not to make any signings in January and he'll be in it for the long-term as he's now in charge of accounting :D

Heard yer da asks for butter on his Subway.

Just to confirm I don't actually believe a word this guy says. Forgot to add the best part though - he was pissed off that we'd beaten Brighton because he wants to see us go up through the play-offs. "More of an event if it's at Wembley"

Just to confirm I don't actually believe a word this guy says. Forgot to add the best part though - he was pissed off that we'd beaten Brighton because he wants to see us go up through the play-offs. "More of an event if it's at Wembley"

:lol: It gets better

• 2 weeks later...

Strawberry Place – Some Things The Chronicle Didn’t Report

by Michael Martin • March 15, 2017 • News • Comments (0) • 0

It was interesting to read the latest developments in the plans to redevelop the land on and around St James’ Metro Station in the land adjacent to Strawberry Place and behind the Gallowgate End.

It was interesting to read the article for the items it missed out.

The lease on the land was bought as part of the sale of what is known as “Newcastle United” from Shepherd and Hall to Mike Ashley. The lease on that land had been bought from NEXUS by “Newcastle United” when the club had plans to redevelop the land as part of a wider development which would have extended the Gallowgate End to mirror the Milburn and Leazes End. There is an engineering report which confirms redevelopment of the Gallowgate End in that was is definitely feasible. What The Chronicle didn’t mention is that Marrico Asset Management, the company charged with the development of the site has been commissioned by Mike Ashley as part of a private scheme which will give no benefit to Newcastle United whatsoever in any financial sense – even though the lease was purchased as part of the purchase of what supporters would understand to be “Newcastle United”. Further, what The Chronicle didn’t mention either was that by developing the site as above this in essence kills off any hope of extending St James’ Park any further given the stadium is hemmed in on the East Stand (St James’ and Leazes Terrace) side and extension of the Milburn Stand and Leazes End is at its limit.

This comes at a time when West Ham, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham are all involved in schemes to extend their stadia to make them more competitive. However, Mike Ashley is deliberately pursuing a scheme that will deliberately restrict the expansion of St James’ Park and thus limit the future ambitions of the club on this site. Given United is attracting regular attendances of 52,000 in the Championship, it is not beyond reasonable imagination that the club might exceed attendances of 65,000 were it run with ambition and expertise.

Why this information was missing from The Chronicle I’ll leave you to speculate but although there is a spirit of unity around the club right now under Rafa Benitez, let us not imagine Mike Ashley has over night become a great supporter of Newcastle United or share our ambitions for it.

That is all.

He's basically sold a part of his club purchase off and it appears that money isn't going to NUFC. No surprise the chronicle haven't looked into it, they're absolute clowns or outsiders who kowtow to 'bosses'.

It's something he really didn't need to do. He doesn't need the money and I'd say it actually reduces the value of the club when he does come to sell it.

It's just cuntishness for its own sake.

Edited by NJS

I'm surprised he hasn't started selling the pitch off at the end of the season a tenner a square yard

Can we all chip in for it and then get a restraining order against colback and dummett?

He doesn't own the land at SJP unless that's changed?

Could be wrong but I think the club bought the land as part of the expansion deal - thus slaying a "killer" Mackem argument.

Sell SJP for flats.  Build a new 100,000 seat stadium out of town by the airport.

Kerching!

I know you didn't intend this as a serious suggestion but I wonder what people think would be the effect of moving out of the city centre.  Personally I would hate the idea, I love the fact that we are in the heart of the city.  But I think it could actually reduce our attendances (maybe not at first but over a period of time).  I'm sure there would be a large section of the crowd who would just stop going if they couldn't just step straight out of the ground into the countless city centre bars.  You could argue that some of these people only go to the match now to go on the piss and and they are adding nothing to the support these days (I know people with season tickets who turn up late and leave at half time nearly every match so they can get pissed) and they could be replaced by supporters who genuinely want to go to support the team.  I don't believe that's true though and you can see with what it's been like at West Ham (or even Spurs for their games at Wembley) and the atmosphere is terrible.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt