Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Well Leicester showed it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it. Top 8 next season would be mission accomplished and then some. All depends on the level to which is backsd though, obviously. If Ashley were to splash the cash, who knows? I'd be pleased with an investment of around £70-100m from the fat twat and even with that, there's a lot of hard graft near the big boys. Leicester was a fairy tale

• 1 month later...

On the face of it, we've been stung by these types before.  But I'm glad someone most likely more competent than Charnley is overseeing negotiations (admittedly with a sea of caveats).

Could also potentially mean that Penfold is on probation.

On 08/05/2017 at 6:15 PM, Dr Gloom said:

I don't believe we'll see another Leicester story happen again any time soon fwiw

You got any more of these bold predictions you want to share? ;)

7 hours ago, adios said:

On the face of it, we've been stung by these types before.  But I'm glad someone most likely more competent than Charnley is overseeing negotiations (admittedly with a sea of caveats).

Could also potentially mean that Penfold is on probation.

Could also mean deals that have no pretence of protecting the interests of NUFC and make the Rangers deals look harsh on Ashley and Sports Direct.

I might have too much expectation of Charnley, but it would be much easier for Ashley to not even have those conversations.

On 16/06/2017 at 2:07 PM, Happy Face said:

Could also mean deals that have no pretence of protecting the interests of NUFC and make the Rangers deals look harsh on Ashley and Sports Direct.

I might have too much expectation of Charnley, but it would be much easier for Ashley to not even have those conversations.

Wrt the Rangers deal, Ashley seems to have capitulated, new deal in place for 1 year only (down from 7 years) and a much more even split in profits

1 hour ago, 247 said:

Anyone got a feeling that this Barnes was brought in because Charnley was struggling with transfers? 

Maybe they've cottoned on that they need more than one bloke trying to run every facet of a Premier League football club. I can imagine everyone there reporting to Charnley for everything under the sun.

13 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Maybe they've cottoned on that they need more than one bloke trying to run every facet of a Premier League football club. I can imagine everyone there reporting to Charnley for everything under the sun.

Probably a similar situation with Carr whereby even if he was a good scout did he have the support network required?

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Probably a similar situation with Carr whereby even if he was a good scout did he have the support network required?

Aye, possibly. That philosophy extended to the coaching staff under Pardew and McClaren where it seemed like there was about 4 coaches and then Beardsley working with the kids

43 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, possibly. That philosophy extended to the coaching staff under Pardew and McClaren where it seemed like there was about 4 coaches and then Beardsley working with the kids

I think there post-Allardyce (where Ashley probably had some justification in thinking the staffing was excessive) and pre-Rafa (hopefully, at least) it's been an issue throughout the club in general.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I think there post-Allardyce (where Ashley probably had some justification in thinking the staffing was excessive) and pre-Rafa (hopefully, at least) it's been an issue throughout the club in general.

Allardyce had a "Performance Director" I believe, didn't he? :lol: 

On 2017-6-22 at 3:27 PM, Alex said:

Had about 12 nutritionists, the fat cunt

Heard the manager's office toilet took a severe hammering when Allardyce was at the club, it even had it's own confidential helpline.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: He's some boy. 

Seriously man, it's not the first time something like this has come out about his senior management meetings. Odd culture to have at a company. 

Edited by Howay

Lad... sort of.

Who remembers the story about Llambias losing a bet with Ashley and had to run across SJP naked :lol: Fuck sake man 

Edited by 247

"Mr Ashley was like no other client that anyone at Merrill Lynch had ever come across," he said.

"By way of example, his ability to express boredom and frustration during client meetings knew no limits, including various episodes where he would lie underneath meeting room tables to 'have a nap'."

"Notwithstanding the venue and the consumption of alcohol, I note that Mr Ashley was able during the evening to conduct other business, including making decisions in regards to player transfers on behalf of Newcastle United."

:lol:

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt