Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Forgive my ignorance but what has this got to do with Ashley?

Says in the article (doesn't it?) but there's a bit of a hoo-har there and his son is the owner (as well as being a DJ there) and (obviously) bankrolled by his dad. There was also a bit of controversy around the station a couple of years back when Ashley paid off its debts (over a million pound) and had just been in front of MPs for (amongst other things) paying his Sports Direct employees a pittance.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Says in the article (doesn't it?) but there's a bit of a hoo-har there and his son is the owner (as well as being a DJ there) and (obviously) bankrolled by his dad. There was also a bit of controversy around the station a couple of years back when Ashley paid off its debts (over a million pound) and had just been in front of MPs for (amongst other things) paying his Sports Direct employees a pittance.

I just scanned it tbh so apologies if I just didn't read it properly.

These allegations follow a statement from presenters Pxssy Palace, a queer WOC feminist DJ collective who departed Radar last week and released a statement describing feelings of tokenism

:lol: They do tick quite a few boxes tbf.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I just scanned it tbh so apologies if I just didn't read it properly.

:D It's ok, I only asked because I often suspect I'm losing my marbles and wondered if it did actually mention Ashley in fact

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles.  

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

• Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt