Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

He's already said he's not selling us for 18 months. Just in time for rangers starting their next champions league campaign

He could make far more profits managing us than Rangers though, even with any potential Champions League revenue.

I still think he's done with us he'll sell us at the end of the season when we're relegated. He'll write off the loan put us up for sale for what he paid £50+ million I can just see it happening. Don't forget he also has an eye on Oldham Athletic via S***** D*****

I still think he's done with us he'll sell us at the end of the season when we're relegated. He'll write off the loan put us up for sale for what he paid £50+ million I can just see it happening. Don't forget he also has an eye on Oldham Athletic via S***** D*****

He bought us for £134M, £55M is just what he paid Hall.

I still don't understand why you would think he would write off that loan. He could have done that long ago and it would have went some way to repairing his relationship with the fans. If he wants to piss us of he can continue to do that more by keeping us (and keeping us mediocre at best) and taking back that loan a bit at a time. That way he gets to enjoy fucking us over and has to lose nothing.

I think a lot of us would accept relegation if it meant him fucking off so he hurts us less by doing what you suggest. Unless he sells us to Venkys of course!

He could make far more profits managing us than Rangers though, even with any potential Champions League revenue.

It's not about profits. No one gets into football club ownership for profits.

He just wants somewhere to market Sports Direct. Ashley could significantly increase Rangers' expenditure making them perennial CL group stage participants and if he can get them doing it whilst not losing any money he gets the biggest clubs in the world going to Sports Direct Park surrounded by Sports Direct advertising boards all for free. It's genius.

Edited by Bictor

He just wants somewhere to market Sports Direct. Ashley could significantly increase Rangers' expenditure making them perennial CL group stage participants and if he can get them doing it whilst not losing any money he gets the biggest clubs in the world going to Sports Direct Park surrounded by Sports Direct advertising boards all for free. It's genius.

The chances are they'd get a maximum of 2 of these biggest clubs in their CL group. They'd each visit the 'SDP' once each, Rangers would likely exit because these 'biggest clubs' would likely progress from the groups.

Or he can advertise in the most watched league in the world, at SJP.

The chances are they'd get a maximum of 2 of these biggest clubs in their CL group. They'd each visit the 'SDP' once each, Rangers would likely exit because these 'biggest clubs' would likely progress from the groups.

I never said anything about him selling Newcastle.

You are obviously not aware of UEFA rules regarding Champions League advertising. Only the sponsors of the Champions League eg. MasterCard, Heineken , Gazprom are allowed to advertise inside the grounds. Yes he could sponsor the Rangers shirts with SD but that is all. Any in ground advertising for Sports Direct is banned and even if the ground was renamed SD Arena only very limited use of the name would be allowed to be used by broadcast media companies.

You are obviously not aware of UEFA rules regarding Champions League advertising. Only the sponsors of the Champions League eg. MasterCard, Heineken , Gazprom are allowed to advertise inside the grounds. Yes he could sponsor the Rangers shirts with SD but that is all. Any in ground advertising for Sports Direct is banned and even if the ground was renamed SD Arena only very limited use of the name would be allowed to be used by broadcast media companies.

Take back everything I said then :lol:

For the last fukin time there are strict rules about adv in the CL. They have 8 chosen sponsors and that's it.

Personally I think he'll be gone by the end of the year, that's why nothing is going to happen with Pardew. By then it'll be to late.

He's bought as much of Rangers as he's legally allowed at the moment. He has interests via Sports Direct in Oldham Athletic (owns the club shop,name of the stadium, makes the shirts etc) this is what he does before he does a full take over. Thats why I think he'll sell up when we're relegated as his final parting shot. This is the only reason I can come up with for him not sacking Pardew that this is part of Ashley's plan.

If he wanted to relegate the club why buy any players? Pardew hasn't been sacked because Ashley believes he'll keep us up which is all he's concerned with as it affects the bottom line so severely.

Only a fool would intentionally devalue the club to sell it. Ashley is a lot of things but a fool isn't one if them.

Edited by OTF

A minor point but he's not prohibited by law from owning more shares in Rangers, it's an SFA thing and could be challenged in the courts.

He has no interest in buying Oldham, the commercial arrangements are irrelevant.

Why on earth would he relegate us before selling up? It would pretty much halve the value of the club and one thing Ashley doesn't like to do is lose money. Why would he sanction the spending of 30 odd million in the summer if he wanted to take us down. Your theory is pure fantasy.

And as for keeping Pardew on to get us relegated, see above.

A minor point but he's not prohibited by law from owning more shares in Rangers, it's an SFA thing and could be challenged in the courts.

He has no interest in buying Oldham, the commercial arrangements are irrelevant.

Why on earth would he relegate us before selling up? It would pretty much halve the value of the club and one thing Ashley doesn't like to do is lose money. Why would he sanction the spending of 30 odd million in the summer if he wanted to take us down. Your theory is pure fantasy.

And as for keeping Pardew on to get us relegated, see above.

Ashley fucking hates us he has no respect for us, treats us with contempt and he didnt really spend 30 odd million in the summer as that was off set by players out Cabaye, Debuchey. Also the figures we talk about are astronomical for us but to Ashley its a mere drop in the ocean given his wealth. My theory may well be fantasy but I could see it turning into a reality it would be his ultimate parting shot to us.

Yes it was largely money generated from sales but he still could have taken that money himself through a repayment on his loan. Mike Ashley wants a stable self-sustaining PL club and he has hung on to Pardew because he still believes that he can do that while fitting into Ashley's setup. Relegation would be a disaster for MA as in all likelihood he couldn't give the club away in the event of relegation much less sell it for what he has put in.

I think there would be buyers at a reduced rate the only reason I think he hasn't been able to sell in the past is the never ending loan. It doubles the actual price of the club and I'm sure this puts off potential buyers.

If you couldn't get a buyer for your car, would you take a sledgehammer to it so you could sell it for scrap?

Set fire to it and claim on the insurance.

Is relegation insurance a thing?

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt