Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I thought you didn't get the parachute payment if you go straight back up?

A quick bit of googling suggests premier league teams are getting roughly £120mil each tv money this season.

Championship clubs are getting roughly £5mil each

That's a big hole to fill, £30mil transfer profit is a drop in the ocean

You get the first year of payments but then it'll stop, they changed the rules to say that teams that come up and go right back down only get 2 years of payments rather than 3 or 4 ( can't remember how long they normally go).

I'm not sure how the poll was conducted but there was near universal happiness with Rafa. If the mackems had sabotaged it then I doubt that would have been the result.

Fair enough, I hadn't bothered clicking the link I just looked at HF's post. I put about as much research into my post as Ryder does for any of the bollocks he writes.

Edited by Howay

The noteworthy thing for me want the result. It was how Douglas manages to come up with 44% being a "majority".

Basic GCSE stuff.

Aye, I was just asking if it was an open poll that they'd wrote an article about as per usual in addition to the ridiculousness of a bloke paid to write articles not knowing that 44% isn't a majority. 

The noteworthy thing for me want the result. It was how Douglas manages to come up with 44% being a "majority".

Basic GCSE stuff.

Where is that referenced out of interest? It does seem clear that a majority are content or higher in terms of happiness with him.

I don't hate Ashley like I did. He got us into a very healthy position financially and spent big last season. He's stopped being a grudge-bearing provocative cunt. He deserved what he got the first time but not last season, he got stung by a shit manager appointment and shit signings. I read the mackems are paying £8m interest a season on their debt. Given that he's made ours interest-free, I don't begrudge Sports Direct being plastered around. I worry about what he'll do after Rafa leaves though. His loyalty to Pardew 'til the bitter end was hard for us to swallow, but for potential managers looking in it looks good on him that he's not going to bin you straight off when you hit a bad spell.

Ashley's done well to buy a club with the dedicated support we provide. Other than that all he's done is slash cost in every area and not taken out the resulting profit. No speculation at all. Repeated awful mistakes in appointing managers and chief exec too. Right up to last season.

He's ultimately to blame for both relegations. Which is why our debt has grown 25% this season and doubled from what it was when he took over.

Nice of him to not charge interest on the debts he has accrued on the clubs behalf with all his screw ups. I'd be really worried getting relegated in the Mackems state.

Sometimes you need to let go of the grudge. Many of the mistakes were probably down to being thin skinned and apathy on his part. From his point of view, he's bought the club, given it a huge interest-free loan, brought back the most popular manager of recent times and spent more money buying players. He made a giant mistake with Wise, and Keegan's reaction blew the whole thing out of proportion (as did the fact that it was Keegan and not some journeyman). If I was Ashley at that point I'd be aggrieved that I turned into a hate figure overnight. The fat bastard chants were hardly going to capture his imagination and encourage him to treat us to a star-studded team. There's a bit of a truce now between fans and him and the club is reaping the benefits of that in terms of more ambition. Continuing to poke him with a stick and whip up discontent about him is pointless and at worst could be counter-productive.

The debt may have doubled but I'm guessing, I'm sure you'll be able to tell me whether or not this is true, that it's now more affordable?

It wasn't malicious though, was it? He wanted us on side, ballsed up, and got a wrath that only a Keegan exit could have provoked. He's thin-skinned, and the years following that proved that. But you can't help being thin-skinned, can you? It's just a trait. Now he distances himself from decisions at the club, claims it's down to the 'football board'. It's a rouse, he's pulling the strings but doesn't want the wrath when he makes a mistake. That's why Charnley didn't get sacked, by the way. He's basically a spokesman.

Sometimes you need to let go of the grudge. Many of the mistakes were probably down to being thin skinned and apathy on his part. From his point of view, he's bought the club, given it a huge interest-free loan, brought back the most popular manager of recent times and spent more money buying players. He made a giant mistake with Wise, and Keegan's reaction blew the whole thing out of proportion (as did the fact that it was Keegan and not some journeyman). If I was Ashley at that point I'd be aggrieved that I turned into a hate figure overnight. The fat bastard chants were hardly going to capture his imagination and encourage him to treat us to a star-studded team. There's a bit of a truce now between fans and him and the club is reaping the benefits of that in terms of more ambition. Continuing to poke him with a stick and whip up discontent about him is pointless and at worst could be counter-productive. The debt may have doubled but I'm guessing, I'm sure you'll be able to tell me whether or not this is true, that it's now more affordable?

It's still about 100% of revenue... If we're in the top flight.

What ambition has been shown? We won't even build a training facility fit for the top ten... unless we get into the top ten first apparently.

Club spent what it earned throughout ashleys time and still does.

Charnley is still woefully out of his depth and we only got Rafa because Rafa came to us.

I'm not pushing "ashley out" I've put @mikeashleylies on hiatus, because you're right, if we have any hope, it lies with Rafa, he deserves 100% support.

Doesn't mean I have any more time for Ashley. I still fear we're a powder keg ready to combust soon after top flight income is secured because Ashley himself has done nothing to dissuade me.

Ambition is paying Rafa the money required to secure his services, and provide the backing and assurances required to retain him. It's okay saying the club spent what it's earned but without strong leadership the club might not be earning at all ala mackems. Charnley is imo, like I said above, just the human shield for Ashley criticism, and that's why he survived relegation. Ashley is ruthless and a cunt in the same that most billionaires have to be. I just prefer to appreciate him being less of a cunt than he was being, it's better for the soul.

My grudge will never diminish no matter what he does - his treatment of Keegan is the thing.

This, and Hughton, and JFK twice, and Dennis fucking Wise, and Pardew, and Llambias, and renaming SJP....

Oh, and Pardew.

Ambition is paying Rafa the money required to secure his services, and provide the backing and assurances required to retain him. It's okay saying the club spent what it's earned but without strong leadership the club might not be earning at all ala mackems. Charnley is imo, like I said above, just the human shield for Ashley criticism, and that's why he survived relegation. Ashley is ruthless and a cunt in the same that most billionaires have to be. I just prefer to appreciate him being less of a cunt than he was being, it's better for the soul.

Most chairmen are seen as cunts, no matter what the club. I'm happy to live with a cunt of an owner as long as he's doing the right things on the football side.

Matchday and commercial income are still less than they were 10 years ago. Strong leadership would grow these. Standing still will grow TV money. It almost doubles every 3 years regardless.

It's a Mackem trait to be satisfied only with out performing them. ;)

Those two revenue streams will be down because of the period of discontent as a result of his cunt period of cunt decisions and sometimes, correct tough decisions. Rafa building a Premier League team will surely improve both. There's so many fucking diabolical owners out there, now more than ever. Would you fancy our chances of getting a better owner, if it was announced that he'd sold the club tomorrow to an unnamed buyer? 

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt