Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

He's a cunt, has us by the balls and in div 2, (again). I wouldn't trust the fucka as far as I could throw him. If he spawns a decent team out of the next couple of years through letting Rafa get on with it then I fear a natural conclusion being him bottling backing Rafa and Rafa walking. We don't know how nasty they can be but we've had plenty of tasters. It's a ceasefire at best.

The Sports Direct aggro probably helping us too. He's stopped targeting us and moved on to the Shirebrook whistleblowers! I foresee extra breaks offset by increased vending machine prices in the canteen and single ply toilet paper.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

It wasn't malicious though, was it? He wanted us on side, ballsed up, and got a wrath that only a Keegan exit could have provoked. He's thin-skinned, and the years following that proved that. But you can't help being thin-skinned, can you? It's just a trait. Now he distances himself from decisions at the club, claims it's down to the 'football board'. It's a rouse, he's pulling the strings but doesn't want the wrath when he makes a mistake. That's why Charnley didn't get sacked, by the way. He's basically a spokesman.

You're telling me the stadium thing wasn't malicious? Of course it was man.

You're telling me the stadium thing wasn't malicious? Of course it was man.

No I'm saying the Keegan thing that started the whole thing wasn't intentionally malicious. He started being a cunt because he felt we were being cunts because the reaction to the Keegan thing was probably, in his eyes, disproportionate. Keegan didn't handle the situation well imo. He could have put pressure on Ashley by expressing public discontent, causing the fans to pressure the issue to be addressed. His resignation whether intentional or not absolutely destroyed the fans relationship with Ashley and he, being thin skinned, went into cunt mode and during those years I hated him. But the dust has settled now, he started spending money and then sanctioned paying Benitez. Appointing Shearer when we went down last time would have went some way to appeasing us but he fucked him off for because he was in cunt mode. He's definitely improved so no point in bearing a grudge. There's clear intent there now, we'll find out next season how far that stretches to.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

He's a cunt, has us by the balls and in div 2, (again). I wouldn't trust the fucka as far as I could throw him. If he spawns a decent team out of the next couple of years through letting Rafa get on with it then I fear a natural conclusion being him bottling backing Rafa and Rafa walking. We don't know how nasty they can be but we've had plenty of tasters. It's a ceasefire at best.

Spot on, I'd not be shocked at all to see him start his tight fisted shite again if Rafa gets us up, survives a season and then watch as Rafa walks out the door over him not allowing spending, he'll then replace him with some prick we'd all long forgotten about for cheap. He could possibly have changed and he could possibly back Rafa to the hilt, but as HF points out with the disinterest in improving training facilities, the smart money is on him being unchanged and he's simply on a ceasefire as HMHM says (similar to how he was last time we were down).

I'll never like him tbh. Even if he did back Rafa and let him do his job he'd simply be finally allowing a football man, one that chose to come to the club rather than any sort of inspired decision by him or the fucking imbecile he has running the club, to do his job, which is basically the minimum you should expect from an owner anyway (not on about him dipping into his pocket to back him, just letting the club spend what it makes). The way he fucked over a club legend and then changed the name of the stadium is unforgivable. 

He did back McClaren, mind.

I actually think that two factors are combining to improve him - 1 is that his dumbass philosophy failed and so he'll now have to approach them game in the same way others do, and 2 is that I actually think he needs positive PR at the moment and may well do for a few years. We'd allow him that were we successful.

Spot on, I'd not be shocked at all to see him start his tight fisted shite again if Rafa gets us up, survives a season and then watch as Rafa walks out the door over him not allowing spending, 

Yes. Mirror running a story about him already wanting to go back to his favoured transfer model. Buying young from Europe and selling on. Its shit like that which will eventually blow over and create the next Ashley disaster. I think the man really is beyond learning.

It's taken him a decade and two relegations for the penny to finally drop that he can't run his football club like he does his retail business. Whether there is another nasty surprise around the corner remains to be seen. That's what usually happens when you think he might have turned the corner.

I used to moan about shepherd on here but Ashley's reign has been far worse. Almost 10 years of absolute shite.

If that's true Benitez will be off next season and we'll be back to the same old shite, and potentially another relegation.

There's nothing wrong with generally looking to bring in younger players with potential but they have to be part of a bigger strategy and complimenting players with top flight experience.

Firstly, how on earth do they know that. Secondly, it'd be fucking stupid unless it has Benitez's blessing. Unless Ashley thinks that once we're back up this is all just a formality again.

Much as Ashley's business models raise an eyebrow he isn't stupid and will be able to see that as a product NUFC is doing fine and has changed for the better.  The supporters are happy and therefore will be spending on merchandise,  the clubs position is on track for  returning to the Premiership and the mood around the club is mainly positive with criticisms being aimed at individual player performances rather than the club itself.   He's not going to destable that momentum when it's moved so much in less than 12 months.  

Much as Ashley's business models raise an eyebrow he isn't stupid and will be able to see that as a product NUFC is doing fine and has changed for the better.  The supporters are happy and therefore will be spending on merchandise,  the clubs position is on track for  returning to the Premiership and the mood around the club is mainly positive with criticisms being aimed at individual player performances rather than the club itself.   He's not going to destable that momentum when it's moved so much in less than 12 months.

Much as I admire your confidence this is Mike Ashley we're talking about

It's horeshit written by a liar to get people clicking links and buying papers. As said in the other thread, a bit of a wobble and he rolls out this because he knows fine well the huge and voracious fanbase will gobble it up.

To be honest, I don't believe any scoops, or rumours, or the like from the Print Media. Opinion pieces, reports, interviews, are all fine, but a story with no sources, no evidence and suspiciously timed... nah, not for me like.

Guarantee if Villa were up chasing for the title, there'd be some piece in the Mirror or the Sun, saying that Xia is looking to sell the club, that Bruce is tempted to return to Sunderland or that their leading striker is off to China.

It's bullshit, the sole function of it is selling advertising space and it should be dismissed as quickly as a "Check out these footballer's pets, you'll never believe #7".

Aye there's no way Ashley would in anyway shake the boat now, the bloke is a total cunt but he knows he needs the club in the Premier League. As I said I wouldn't be shocked if he did eventually return to his previous way but it wont be for at least 2 seasons, he'll want us comfortable in the PL with a squad that looks comfortably then he might start cheapening out.

I'm inclined to agree with trooper. This story could be pure bullshit, probably is, but never rule anything in or out with that fat cunt. There hasn't been any movement yet on transfers and we need at least a couple in, possibly more depending on how bad these injuries are.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt