Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

18 hours ago, Haydnator said:

It's what's enlarged the fee to over £400m to buy the club. The debt, which is to himself, and I imagine if someone comes in and wants to sever all ties the club has to Sports Direct that'll cost even more. The bloke is a fucking parasite, a cancer on this club and I long for the day we get our NUFC back. Rafa was the last chance, a last hope under this regime but yet again Ashley has reverted to type. If Rafa is forced out because of Ashley there genuinely is no hope: there has to be change and I'll do my part as a NUFC-daft kid, however small or large that part is, to fight for that change. I say this as someone who's only known an Ashley-owned NUFC. Why can't some of the older people in SJP see what I can see?

I heard some young'uns singing 'we don't care about Ashley' v West Ham. Seems its not just older people who don't have your unique 20-20 vision.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I heard some young'uns singing 'we don't care about Ashley' v West Ham. Seems its not just older people who don't have your unique 20-20 vision.

I believe that is part of a much longer and more incoherent chant, which I believe goes "we don't care about Ashley, he don't care about me, all we care about is NUFC", so it's not really saying they genuinely couldn't care about our illustrious owner. And if unique 20-20 vision is seeing that the club can be one of the top 8 clubs in England under the right owner and manager, then Ashley really has won.

Edited by Haydnator

12 hours ago, Haydnator said:

I believe that is part of a much longer and more incoherent chant, which I believe goes "we don't care about Ashley, he don't care about me, all we care about is NUFC", so it's not really saying they genuinely couldn't care about our illustrious owner. And if unique 20-20 vision is seeing that the club can be one of the top 8 clubs in England under the right owner and manager, then Ashley really has won.

I know how the chant goes. :lol: Personally speaking I think it's a bit shit and a bit of a cop out towards the owner. Anyway, point I'm making which has flew over your napper is that older fans can also see how Ashley is operating, (do you not read this forum?), and there's no premium on age and sussing the owner. I was protesting against NUFC boards before you were born, man! Just thought your older fan comment was a bit of a strange thing to say. 

When Ashley goes I just hope and pray that we get in an owner that is not a chancer and hinges all his chips on one spin of a roulette wheel.

If we get a country owning Sheikh or some Chinese multi trillionaires in, then enjoy the extravaganza but remember that you'll be enjoying it with a lot less money in your pockets as well as not recognising the majority of the fans as the working class down to Earth fans that make this club as special as it always is and was.

We then become cheats, just like Man utd ,Chelsea , Man City, PSG  and all the other clubs that are working way beyond their genuine means.

It sounds like a right prospect for excitement. I agree.

It also sounds the death knell of this football club.

The real issue is, what do we all want and what do we all think we deserve for being a fan of Newcastle United football club?

I prefer a football club that has players that do not hold it to ransom.

I prefer a football club that runs from what it legitimately generates.

I prefer a football club that can produce its own legends.

When you walk about with your football shirt on, or you chat about your love for the club, people know you're doing it because you are genuine.

When you get owned by a money no object  sugar daddy and play with the elite, you become nothing more than a bandwagon jumper to the outsider, no matter how long your allegiance to the club has been.

Does that matter?

Not in the grand scheme of things, because it's only sniping talk...but it lowers the real tone of what being a real football supporter is, because expectations go through the roof and nothing less than serious flirts with success and also shares of it, will suffice.

As for Ashley.

I actually believe he should leave the club. Not because I think he's destroying it or anything like that. I just think that his tenure is creating another frenzy that will once again become epidemic, even if we finished a few places above relegation.

Fans (mostly) will only be pacified when he walks away and that's fine.

As long as he walks away and leaves the club financially stable (which he will) then all we have to hope for is the long term future of this club becomes what you dream it to be.

Just remember one thing...or two things.

1. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

2. The postcode of this club ensures that it is fed on the scraps of the elites.

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

At the next home game all  flags scarves etc should be draped over the signage wherever possible

How about the next home game all the fans get right behind the team and do not create any upset that can be to the detriment of it and the club as a whole.

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I know how the chant goes. :lol: Personally speaking I think it's a bit shit and a bit of a cop out towards the owner. Anyway, point I'm making which has flew over your napper is that older fans can also see how Ashley is operating, (do you not read this forum?), and there's no premium on age and sussing the owner. I was protesting against NUFC boards before you were born, man! Just thought your older fan comment was a bit of a strange thing to say. 

Hence the word 'some'. ;)

41 minutes ago, wolfy said:

How about the next home game all the fans get right behind the team and do not create any upset that can be to the detriment of it and the club as a whole.

Ha ha ha Ashley's caused more disruption to the club then any fans would, carry on supporting Ashley Wolfy lad

• Like 1

Just now, trooper said:

Ha ha ha Ashley's caused more disruption to the club then any fans would, carry on supporting Ashley Wolfy lad

It's not about supporting Ashley, it's about supporting the club that collectively allows us to be part of watching 11 players on the pitch, plus subs, in each game, whether they play absolute despicably or average or fantastic.

30 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Hence the word 'some'. ;)

Fair enough. Tell you what, I wish some young'uns would get their heads out their arseholes and realise Ashley is only out for himself and grasp the potential of NUFC. 

'Some'

:good:

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fair enough. Tell you what, I wish some young'uns would get their heads out their arseholes and realise Ashley is only out for himself and grasp the potential of NUFC. 

'Some'

:good:

:up::lol:

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt