Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Something is going down here like :lol:

Well, I had to google this fine lady.

According to Wikipedia:

Staveley was also involved in Sheik Mansour's high-profile purchase of Manchester City Football Club in September 2008

Edited by LooneyToony

With bells on. Imagine if we get some arabs like Man City man. Stuff of dreams after a decade of Ashley. 

It won't happen, will it. Things like that don't happen to us.

She was plainly sat with her Iranian husband on one side (he had a Lester Piggott style flat cap bonnet type thing on his head) and on her left was Margaret Aspinall of the Hillsborough justice campaign. If they're mates I think it's unlikely she has any business interest in us tbh :cuppa: 

I actually think there is a good chance there's something in it, Caulkin is going strong on it without actually saying anything. If there's nothing in it then he's just fishing for hits which doesn't seem like him.  The fact that none of the media are reporting that she's a known Liverpool fan is what's getting me though, if it's bollocks and she's just there to see the game then they all want fuckin shooting :glare: 

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

She's a fuckin Liverpool fan, will you daft fuckers be told? :lol: 

She was born in Yorkshire near Ripon so I doubt she is a Liverpool fan. She was involved in an Arab deal to buy a percentage of Liverpool FC but it foundered.

Has a house in London, lives in Dubai.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I actually think there is a good chance there's something in it, Caulkin is going strong on it without actually saying anything. If there's nothing in it then he's just fishing for hits which doesn't seem like him.  The fact that none of the media are reporting that she's a known Liverpool fan is what's getting me though, if it's bollocks and she's just there to see the game then they all want fuckin shooting :glare: 

Aye agreed if Caulkin wasn’t the one pushing the story I’d have completely written it off. As it stands I’m very much in Gloom’s camp of “we wouldn’t be that lucky surely”. 

While any ownership change is a risk I think we’ve all had it to the back teeth with Ashley and his brand of bollocks. 

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

She was born in Yorkshire near Ripon so I doubt she is a Liverpool fan. She was involved in an Arab deal to buy a percentage of Liverpool FC but it foundered.

Has a house in London, lives in Dubai.

Yes Noelie, we can all cut and paste from fuckin wilipedia :lol: 

And she's in her mid forties, in other words a child during liverpools glory years, the club with 100s of 1000s more glory seekers than season ticket holders across the entire planet.  And there she is pictured a decade ago with a Liverpool scarf round her neck. There are others too but it seems that no one in the media has bothered with even the most brief of searches on google images. I was fairly sure  she was a reds fan yesterday morning,, then she's sat next to the mother of a lad who died at Hillsborough. That's when I googled her and she's basically the Emlym Hughes of fuckin Dubai. All of which of course proves absolutely nothing, but it's stopping me jumping to the conclusions that many others are. At the moment the weight of evidence suggests she was there to watch a game of football and nothing else. 

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not where I got my info from sonny boy, there are other sources.:razz:

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

And she's in her mid forties, in other words a child during liverpools glory years, the club with 100s of 1000s more glory seekers than season ticket holders across the entire planet.  And there she is pictured a decade ago with a Liverpool scarf round her neck. There are others too but it seems that no one in the media has bothered with even the most brief of searches on google images. I was fairly sure  she was a reds fan yesterday morning,, then she's sat next to the mother of a lad who died at Hillsborough. That's when I googled her and she's basically the Emlym Hughes of fuckin Dubai. All of which of course proves absolutely nothing, but it's stopping me jumping to the conclusions that many others are. At the moment the weight of evidence suggests she was there to watch a game of football and nothing else. 

Weren't those pictures taken during a failed bid to buy Liverpool? 

I've not seen anything to say she's categorically a Liverpool fan, and even if she is why hasn't she been spotted at other games? Certainly she's more likely (if she's a Liverpool fan) to go to Anfield for a game against Man Utd, or Chelsea? Rather than a Sunday away trip to Newcastle?

I'm skeptical that we're about to bought out by some Oil rich billionaire, but when you add her attendance of a less than glamourous tie, to the previous rumours about Ashley looking to sell, it adds weight to the rumour doesn't it? It could just be that she's mates with Rafa and she was just another in the long list of famous faces in the crowd, I mean there were plenty of ex-players and managers with links to both clubs, but given everything else I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it out of hand.

I’d be surprised if this many journos and ex-players were all teasing it without there being anything in it at all.

I think Benitez has been told about all this by Ashley, which is why he’s been happy to stick around despite lack of funds.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt