Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

The reality of the Brighton match is its almost a must win game, as we risk being cut adrift this weekend. In fact I've just realised even if we win against Brighton theres still a chance we could still be in the bottom 3 :(

16 hours ago, trooper said:

The reality of the Brighton match is its almost a must win game, as we risk being cut adrift this weekend. In fact I've just realised even if we win against Brighton theres still a chance we could still be in the bottom 3 :(

A win won't just bring 3 points, it'll bring a total change of mood around the team and the fans. Like we seen last year these are confidence players, being in OCTOBER without a win must have morale pretty low (As much as we are told it isn't). It is a must win for me.

True but then I think it's fair to say his ambitions for our club have changed from those he had when he took over. He's making the best of it with us maybe but must still associate some value with the advertising.

In fact, this could be a useful comparative test. If their stadium fills up with SD logos then that's clearly what he's in it for with us. If it doesn't, and he sells the commercial space to other businesses, then maybe we overstate the importance of the advertising.

Not that I particularly care anymore, my brain is just wired right now from political discussions.

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not really the same level of investment though, is it?

Or exposure, which begs the question why?

Is it all about tax minimisation?

What other benefit would there be for owning a 2nd tier Scottish club?

Edited by sammynb

23 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Or exposure, which begs the question why?

Is it all about tax minimisation?

What other benefit would there be for owning a 2nd tier Scottish club?

Maybe he sees Greenock as a feeder club for the toon? Given he does everything on the cheap.......

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Maybe he thinks he’s buying Motown? Probably can’t believe he’s getting access to Marvin Gaye’s catalogue for next to nowt

He's such a classless cunt I doubt he knows what Motown is, more likely he thinks it's Mowtown and he's getting a bargain priced Jim's Mowing franchise.

A group of Saudi Arabian investors are the latest interested party, but no contact has been made with Ashley's camp
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11528068/mike-ashley-yet-to-receive-acceptable-offer-to-sell-newcastle

Ah, good old Saudi investors. One of the few groups out there to make Ashley look good

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt