Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

All sounding positive from various journos now. Proof of funds and terms sent to the Premier League and apparently they’re going through the Fit and Proper Persons test.

Who is doing good deals on cans atm?

These same jurnos that have had 'sources' calling it BS for the last 24hr no doubt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

All sounding positive from various journos now. Proof of funds and terms sent to the Premier League and apparently they’re going through the Fit and Proper Persons test.

Who is doing good deals on cans atm?

Sainsbury’s have 18 cans of Stella going for £12 if you’re not fussy.

Either this Sheikh is the chancer of all chancers or this is actually happening. I can't see how making all these statements and having it all fall apart would benefit an international business group. Surely they run on reputation, so if this descends into some embarrassing non-event debacle it could only be bad for them. I know they failed with their Liverpool bid, but apparently that was complicated by being partnered with Chinese investors, and as far as I remember they didn't make statements anything like the ones they've made about us.

This is still absolutely perfect stuff for Ashley at the minute. For once, it isn't just NUFC fans scrutinising the club, most of the football media in the UK are watching and expecting the club to act, to keep Benitez in place and back him. Failing to sign Rondon, for example, would look incredibly naive and cheap and draw a lot of stick. For this 'takeover' to drag on all month and then fall apart at the last minute gets them totally off the hook for all of it, including if Benitez walks.

I'm keeping calm for now. Of course I'm fucking desperate for it to happen, but I'm not being played by that fat despicable slave driving Tory cunt again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The Premier League and the the club have apparently declined to comment when asked about this latest statement from the Sheikh's reps according to the BBC.

Why all the secrecy from the Premier League & The Club ? When the supposed buyers are telling everyone its sorted 

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Why all the secrecy from the Premier League & The Club ? When the supposed buyers are telling everyone its sorted 

The no comments are positive. The PL aren’t going to come out and say things as they probably aren’t privy to any NDA’s, there’s also nothing in it for them to announce it. Newcastle under Ashley have hardly been proactive with news have they? Again there’s also nothing in it for Ashley etc to announce it. 

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Well in the case of the Premier League if they know that documents are on their way, or are still being assessed, they probably don't want to comment until they're ratified. Didn't they deny that they'd received documents from the Sheikh's group a day or two ago? So if they are quiet now that should be a good sign. As for the club Simon Jordan was just saying that it's normal for the seller to be quiet at this stage.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

Imagine the Sky sports build up to the Citeh game, with Arabian swords clashing together on the graphics etc 

1-0 TO SHEIKHY K! 

14 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

Maybe we could have jousting competitions on camel back before every Citeh, Newcastle match. The loser has to donate ten slaves to amnesty international.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt