Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Sounds great to me, 15 years down the line we might be able to sign a good player who wants to "come home" for the twilight of his career.

• Haha 2

If Chelsea are paying for cameras and analysis equipment and it helps the boys club financially, then fine. I don't think either side of it are doing anything wrong. It's Ashley failing, yet again, to have a modicum of football business sense. Have ties with all the boys clubs in the region, throw pennies at them to foster a good relationship and you will have several production lines of saleable assets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meenzer said:

So do we think this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark?

The greatest opening gambit to any thread this board has ever seen. It’s the equivalent of David Cameron’s chaos with Ed Miliband tweet 

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think in these sort of cases it’s normal to leave it in the hands of your insurer’s solicitors.

Probably, but wouldn't be too hard to blame a former regime

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Ok, but next week he will really get the hang of this football lark.

Weird statement. We've waited months for arbitration but now it's paused? 

If we get relegated, the takeover falls through and Bruce remains as manager then I can see us doing a Sunderland tbh. 

And to think the bookies genuinely had us linked with Mbappe and Pochettino this time last year 

Relegation is precisely what the owner deserves. If it wasn’t apparent how little he understands about football you’d think it was his aim 

• Like 2

:lol: What an utter crock of shit. While I don’t think we are being sold, why would they pause any action currently going on because of this? There’s literally nothing anyone outside the playing and coaching staff can do at this point, they had opportunities to sack Bruce and get someone competent, as well as bring players in back in January. So now they’re just going to stand about and spending their time hoping something happens and just not bother doing any type of work so they can focus on hoping? What an utter fucking shambles or a club we are under this uninterested wanker, sadly a case where the fanbase doesn’t deserve this at all but relegation is something Ashley and Bruce really do deserve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: What an utter crock of shit. While I don’t think we are being sold, why would they pause any action currently going on because of this? There’s literally nothing anyone outside the playing and coaching staff can do at this point, they had opportunities to sack Bruce and get someone competent, as well as bring players in back in January. So now they’re just going to stand about and spending their time hoping something happens and just not bother doing any type of work so they can focus on hoping? What an utter fucking shambles or a club we are under this uninterested wanker, sadly a case where the fanbase doesn’t deserve this at all but relegation is something Ashley and Bruce really do deserve. 

Agreed. There’s no way Edwards has a clue what’s going on like. You know that because his source is the manager 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed. There’s no way Edwards has a clue what’s going on like. You know that because his source is the manager 

If I wanted to wind up fans and deliver bad news I would turn to Edwards too tbh

Weren't they all on hold until the club's case against the PL was resolved anyway? Plus KSA vs QATAR, plus, plus plus.

It won’t really matter if/when we get relegated. Ashley won’t want to make a loss so the shit cycle starts again. 

try and get promoted and look for a buyer 

toon toon 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

It won’t really matter if/when we get relegated. Ashley won’t want to make a loss so the shit cycle starts again. 

toon toon 

Aye this is the real reason. Relegation would probably suit the consortium, as the EFL would more than likely pass them without much contest and you’d assume they would get the club cheaper, the latter being exactly why Ashley wouldn’t sell and would gamble on us getting back up before trying to sell again. Utter fucking nightmare. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

toon toon 

Harder this time around. Don't think we'll get megabucks for many of our players in this market.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Harder this time around. Don't think we'll get megabucks for many of our players in this market.

Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Wilson are sellable assets.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt