Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

You would think with the complete non action by the PL against the SL6 that the football cunt might actually have a legal leg to stand on.

Problem will be all he wants is compensation from the PL and knows the sale is dead.

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

You would think with the complete non action by the PL against the SL6 that the football cunt might actually have a legal leg to stand on.

Problem will be all he wants is compensation from the PL and knows the sale is dead.

To get compo, he has to win, if he does win it means EPL and officials have broken competition law, this is not just simply suing someone for compo and breaking that law carries hefty penalties for those involved, both organisationally and personally even up to imprisonment.

This is to try and force the sale, because - can EPL (and anyone else potentially  implicated in anti-competitive behaviour) take the risk of losing ?? 

At the very least it will bring full public disclosure of any and all information (including texts, WhatsApp’s, emails etc.) from everyone who was involved at any stage and had their four penny worth and any withholding or failure to disclose is a criminal offence.

Could be interesting 🍿

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

Arbitration succeeds and he gets the sale

This succeeds and he gets compo

Neither succeeds he can claim he's done everything possible and paint the PL as the bad guys.

Small cost, potentially huge rewards, so it makes sense.

I miss arguing about Viana's best position.

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Arbitration succeeds and he gets the sale

This succeeds and he gets compo

Neither succeeds he can claim he's done everything possible and paint the PL as the bad guys.

Small cost, potentially huge rewards, so it makes sense.

I miss arguing about Viana's best position.

and EPL get legal penalties (as do any individuals who conspired to break competition law).

This is more a power play to force the sale, if there was any collusion EPL can't afford to allow case to play out.

Looking at the summary of the claim Ashley is looking to force the takeover to go through with it as well as he wants the PL to reconsider its application of the ODT as part of the claim.

The main thing about it seem to be disclosure. That’s something that could really be hurtful to the EPL uf they have something to hide.

The whole thing could get quite costly for Ashley though if he is going to lose.

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

and EPL get legal penalties (as do any individuals who conspired to break competition law).

This is more a power play to force the sale, if there was any collusion EPL can't afford to allow case to play out.

Yes, you would think all that but I bet a Super League and a Champions League place for a club outside the top four, nothing will happen.

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Yes, you would think all that but I bet a Super League and a Champions League place for a club outside the top four, nothing will happen.

If he wins, something will definitely happen, it is the law that would have been broken, not football rules, and it's a very serious law for commercial organisations that would have been breached

My totally uneducated wild guess is that arbitration proceedings will start soon and Ashley wants to put the EPL under additional pressure and to soften their resistance to get a positive outcome.

I really do think that the EPL will want to avoid disclosure as this could open too many boxes of pandora.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

My totally uneducated wild guess is that arbitration proceedings will start soon and Ashley wants to put the EPL under additional pressure and to soften their resistance to get a positive outcome.

I really do think that the EPL will want to avoid disclosure as this could open too many boxes of pandora.

I'm kinda hoping that the saudi's 2nd job after buying us all the best players in the world will be to send some shady looking characters with suitcases full of sharp cutting tools to both shirebrook and north wharf road.

but then I am bit of a twat. 

• Haha 2

On 07/05/2021 at 04:12, Sonatine said:

Is there a graph showing momey spent on legal challenges against the Premier League? #Topofthelot

• Haha 2

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt