Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Can't see it coming to anything. The threat of Rangers dissolution is scary enough to bend them into submission.

They'll bang their drums and bellow their arguments, but fuck all will happen.

McCoist hands his notice in, has to work his 12 months as per his contract, but him and his staff are all getting a payrise during the notice period :lol:

Im beginning to see why they're in financial trouble :lol:

2my9sp0.png

@@ewerk can you tell me if I'm being daft making an assumption based on these figures?

Keep hearing that the outsourcing of catering and retail is what accounts for the reduction in Matchday and Commercial incomes.

I've attempted to quantify the difference. 99% of the wage bill is playing staff so removing that from the equation and removing TV income as well, I think Ashley has driven revenue down £16.3m but only driven costs down £8.9m.

So the changes implemented have cost the club £7.4m a year. And the vast majority of that isn't from Matchday (cheaper tickets etc) but from commercial (Sports Direct handed the retail wing).

What have I missed?

I'm far too fucked with the flu to give any sort of meaningful analysis but I would say that the matchday revenue should probably be taken on a per game basis. I believe we played 31 home games in 06/07 compared to 26 home games in 12/13. On a per game basis the matchday revenue per home game has remained pretty much stagnant over the six years, with the argument that due to the outsourcing it should be more profitable.

The downturn in commercial revenue I'd imagine could largely be down to the fact that we aren't as attractive as an option as we were previously. Since 2007 we simply haven't been as successful on the field as we were in the first half of the decade and that means that sponsors and kit manufacturers aren't going crazy to outbid each other to the rights for our shirts. The question is how much was that previous success costing us? Not only in expenses but in wages and transfer fees. We could spend £250m in January and we'd likely see an increase in commercial revenue over the next few years but would it outway the costs?

Without a breakdown of what is included under each of the headings it's difficult to draw too many strong conclusions except that those revenue figures have matched our ambition and largely our onfield performances.

Edited by ewerk

Not a lot of detail but Dekka's message is pretty clear:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11684243.Newcastle_owner_Ashley_wants_Rangers_in_Europe/

Wonder who will be the shirt sponsor the next time Milan or Real come to Ibrox?.... :glare:

Imagine if Ashley ends up being a hero to Rangers fans? A lot easier to win shit up there.

Edited by trophyshy

Thing is for a lot of gers supporters he represents the end of their club as they know it. They've always had "Rangers people" involved at the top of the club. I think it's a bit naive to think that after going under with them in control that its a good idea to just go back to that model. I wonder how much it would cost to regularly get them winning the league then 3 qualifiers for the champions league?...there's some comparatively vpoor sides get through every year to the group stages...

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt