Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I was reading last week some finacial analyst said Ashley was asking way over the top even at £380 million . He said a more realistic figure would be £200 million it makes me think he's playing with us again. Giving us a bit of hope that he may sell the club when realistically the price doesn't reflect the true value of the club.He based his figures on league positions, tv income, relegations etc. So it looks like we could be stuck with Ashley for the forseeable, as for the non disclousure interest again i think its more smoke & mirrors.

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

I was reading last week some finacial analyst said Ashley was asking way over the top even at £380 million . He said a more realistic figure would be £200 million it makes me think he's playing with us again. Giving us a bit of hope that he may sell the club when realistically the price doesn't reflect the true value of the club.He based his figures on league positions, tv income, relegations etc. So it looks like we could be stuck with Ashley for the forseeable, as for the non disclousure interest again i think its more smoke & mirrors.

I’m not sure I’d agree with that analyst tbh. 200m is the sort of money it might have went for before this latest tv deal. 80% of Southampton cost £210m and the NUFC brand is probably more marketable abroad and in the UK as things stand let alone if there was substantial investment.

Ashley bought the club for £130m or so 10 years ago, he also has that big loan still owed to him. There’s not a fucking hope in hell of him selling for £200m and I can’t personally blame the bloke for not having that amount as his selling price, if the papers are telling any sort of truth he’s getting interest at £380m or so, which hints he’s not being unreasonable with his price. 

The thing is he could write the loan off & probably sell the club tomorow if he was really truthful about selling. Lets face it he's had more than his moneys worth of free advertising for a decade. Plus £129 million is a drop in the ocean to him & without that bolted on to the value of the club would make us much more sellable.

13 minutes ago, trooper said:

The thing is he could write the loan off & probably sell the club tomorow if he was really truthful about selling. Lets face it he's had more than his moneys worth of free advertising for a decade. Plus £129 million is a drop in the ocean to him & without that bolted on to the value of the club would make us much more sellable.

But why would he do that Troop? I personally wouldn’t in his position, he’s getting interest at a price that would see him walk away at a profit. £100m isn’t a great deal to him considering his net worth but not many businessmen in the world would just write that off, it’s still £100m. If you’re wanting Ashley to nearly halve his price to make you more comfortable you’ll be waiting a long time Troops as it’s not going to happen, you’re right that the club would be easier to sell at £129m but that’s because it’s be massively undervalued at that price point. As I say the financial analyst you mentioned is talking out his arse anyway, likely so he could get featured in some sort of interview. I don’t like Ashley but I don’t see him as being particularly unreasonable with the fees quoted. 

I also agree with Quiff that the higher price point has a better chance of putting off some of the shittier potential buyers. It’s a price where they’d be inclined to grow the club rather than attempt to just hang onto PL status. 

Edited by Howay

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

I weep every night at the thought of the missed opportunity that was Barry Moat.

CT claimed to know him iirc. 'My mate Barry Moat' or something like that. And he wonders why he's written off as a wum.

• 1 month later...

Knowing our luck if he waddled off this mortal plane, he'd have left everything to his suddenly ambitious son in law who fancies a crack at Football ownership.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember this from Ashley ...

In August the NUFC owner was saying that he expected the team to get themselves safe in the Premier League and then make the FA Cup a priority once we got to January. 

I think he might have to have a re-think.

37 minutes ago, trooper said:

In August the NUFC owner was saying that he expected the team to get themselves safe in the Premier League and then make the FA Cup a priority once we got to January. 

Mike Ashley in talking bollocks shock ! 

9 hours ago, trooper said:

Shit, did I miss something, are we in the bottom 3? 3pts from safety? With nobody to come back into the squad from injury?

• 4 months later...
  • Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt