Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

This from The Star...

The £2bn bid for the Anfield outfit required outside funding of £750m, believed to be from a Chinese investor, to make up the money.

So you're saying he only has £1.25bn to spend on a football club himself? And we cost £350m. Leaving him...? £900m to spend from what he was prepared to throw at Liverpool.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

So you're saying he only has £1.25bn to spend on a football club himself? And we cost £350m. Leaving him...? £900m to spend from what he was prepared to throw at Liverpool.

Maybe he's so shit at maths that he thinks the change will make up the £750mil he needed to buy liverpool.

“Getting many Qs about his wealth. Not a piece of information that's generally available in this part of the world, HOWEVER, SALAMA Insurance, one of the few publicly listed companies he heads reported $300m earnings in 2018 & $11m profit before tax.”

from Jah Wobble or summit.

Edited by @yourservice

I mean, presumably he intended to spend money at Liverpool as well. If he was going to drop £2bn just to BUY them, that's a pretty fucking good indication to me that we're in for a decent time of it, even if he was going to borrow a full 50% of that.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What I'm saying is Liverpool asked him to put down a £25million deposit & he never did 

1 minute ago, trooper said:

What I'm saying is Liverpool asked him to put down a £25million deposit & he never did 

Would you? £25m just to talk about buying the club? Especially one that has made clear it doesn't want to be sold.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Would you? £25m just to talk about buying the club? Especially one that has made clear it doesn't want to be sold.

It's not about me though Ray mate

I know man, but I just don't think that any reasonable businessman would pay £25m just to talk to the board of a club that doesn't actually want to sell.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, that to me is the point the Fenway group were extremely uninterested in selling and if I was buying from them I’d be hesitant to give £25m to a foreign investment bank just to talk as you’ve said. 

Edited by Howay

3 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

It’s coming up to 24 hours since it broke, has everyone enjoyed the rush? 

Right, back to normal 👍

Worth it just to compound the Mackems misery yesterday 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @yourservice said:

It’s coming up to 24 hours since it broke, has everyone enjoyed the rush? 

Right, back to normal 👍

Aye what's happening with Rafa ?

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This thread is gonna be a fucking goldmine for the mackems if this falls through. I recommend cooler jets until it's official. 

On this as well - I would love to see one of them come on here and start trying to give us a hard time about. They'd be crucified.

Who cares if it falls through and we don't get it, for a day or so it's been brilliant to actually feel excited about the club, and I'm not letting judgment from those dismal cunts make me hesitant about anticipating it keenly. Even if they got half a day of enjoyment out of it, the crushing reality of the gulf between the clubs as it is now would come streaming back to them sharpish anyway.

I see they're keeping Ross for another season. The good times just keep rolling on...

Also, I'm on the sauce :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Of nowt else we were treated to this incredible opening line on a Ryder article:

”At 16:36pm this afternoon, a statement landed at Chronicle towers from downtown Dubai.”

:lol::lol: 

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Anyone but Ashley tbf. Don’t care if he’s a tin pot fake sheikh as long as we’re rid of the fat slob destroying the club.

You do know the odds on you regretting that bold statement are 50/50? :D

These could be worse than Ashley. Am not asking anybody for a modicum of gratitude to be shown to Ashley in any way, shape or form. But I can think of at least half a dozen worse owners than him. 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You do know the odds on you regretting that bold statement are 50/50? :D

These could be worse than Ashley. Am not asking anybody for a modicum of gratitude to be shown to Ashley in any way, shape or form. But I can think of at least half a dozen worse owners than him. 

Its a fair point.

Have any of the Sheicks turned out to be shitty in the Venkys mould or whatever? I know one or two of the Russian Oligarchs have been a bit crap, Abramovich has been the best of them, Leicester definitely got the best of the owners from that region of the world, Liverpool have probably got the best US based owners at the moment with FSG but there have been some shite ones of those too.

Edwards at the Telegraph expanding on his brief comments in an article just released there

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/27/newcastle-united-sceptical-bid-fromsheikh-khaled-will-lead-sale/

He's very sceptical about this Sheikh on the basis of what his contacts have told him, but the good news is that there are other parties who are supposed to be in negotiation. It was some of those parties who called bullshit on the club being more or less sold, given that they would know if it had. As has been said before when the club is sold we'll likely not know anything about the buyer until after it's bought.

Edited by Polarboy

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Edwards at the Telegraph expanding on his brief comments in an article just released there

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/27/newcastle-united-sceptical-bid-fromsheikh-khaled-will-lead-sale/

He's very sceptical about this Sheikh on the basis of what his contacts have told him, but the good news is that there are other parties who are supposed to be in negotiation. It was some of those parties who called bullshit on the club being more or less sold, given that they would know if it had. As has been said before when the club is sold we'll likely not know anything about the buyer until after it's bought.

More from that Edward's article 

Telegraph Sport understands that although a price has been agreed with the Al Nehayan, the United Arab Emirates based businessman is yet to provide proof of funds with sources indicating there is a long way to go before a deal is concluded.

Manager Rafa Benítez has also been told it is business as usual as no takeover is imminent. Other interested parties are also adamant claims Newcastle are on the verge being sold to Al Nehayan are completely false. It is also understood that a report stating that papers have been submitted to the Premier League to ratify the takeover are also inaccurate.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt