Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's just the same as he said before summer though, that the club can spend what it generates. I don't think Rafa's beef is how much there is to spend. Whoever fucked the Abraham deal up has pissed him off. Fuck knows what happened there. Now we're in a position where we're going to have to spend on a position that we could have filled with a loan. Should probably ask for Bony for a year.

It's less what he's saying and more why he's saying it. Rather than call a meeting with Rafa and give him assurances/clarification, he's run to Sky like a bairn.

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It's less what he's saying and more why he's saying it. Rather than call a meeting with Rafa and give him assurances/clarification, he's run to Sky like a bairn.

I'm uneasy at defending him too much but he might think the same thing about Rafa making noises in the media. It stirs up old feelings and criticisms that he probably thought he'd moved on from by finally appointing a decent manager

Rafa said this at todays presser

"

I can't answer (how many players I want). We are working on names & targets but we have too many players. Don't need to sell to buy"

That last sentence "Dont need to sell to buy" says there's money there to buy, so there must be other obstacles stopping him.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Doesn't he answer that in the statement before? We have too many players.

Yes but the way i read it was they dont have to sell (i.e. they could loan them out) to buy.

It's a PR exercise, Ashley gets interviewed by his old mucker and fellow Keith Bishop client, David Craig to show everyone outside of NUFC that the fans (and Rafa) are unrealistic and poor old mike is getting stick despite saving the club. No hard questions at all. £200m quotes and man city comparisons etc makes you laugh if you don't burst a blood vessel. He obviously waits until the cusp of season and the STs being sold as well the shirts being launched. Just like his no capital outlay shite last time we were promoted after one of his exclusive relegations. We're fucked with this mess in charge of the club, he's full of shit, basically.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Shots have been fired by both Rafa & Ashley unfortunatley there'll only for us there'll only  be one winner.

...and it's not the english language.

The media reports on Rafa's frustrations with the market as though they're with Ashley instead and people lap it up. Ashley is responding to the media focus not to Rafa. Don't buy into the drama. Rafa's still here because of support from the fans, if that ends he will leave.

He wasn't saying that we expect him to match City spending, that's not how I interpreted his point anyway. I think it was more of a suggestion that anything he put in would just be matched and exceeded by other richer clubs, so he's thinking it'd be a waste. He obviously wants out so doesn't want to throw money at us. At least if he's true to his word and lets Benitez control the money the club makes then it's significant progress from a couple of years back. It means we can build something over the coming seasons. Budgets and finances should have been agreed before the summer though so that this media circus could have been avoided. He's given an inch with how the club's being run and now gets dog's abuse for not injecting cash in. If it carries on he'll probably just start acting the tosser again

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He wasn't saying that we expect him to match City spending, that's not how I interpreted his point anyway. I think it was more of a suggestion that anything he put in would just be matched and exceeded by other richer clubs, so he's thinking it'd be a waste. He obviously wants out so doesn't want to throw money at us. At least if he's true to his word and lets Benitez control the money the club makes then it's significant progress from a couple of years back. It means we can build something over the coming seasons. Budgets and finances should have been agreed before the summer though so that this media circus could have been avoided. He's given an inch with how the club's being run and now gets dog's abuse for not injecting cash in. If it carries on he'll probably just start acting the tosser again

I think you're being a bit generous, tbh. Also the man city wording wouldn't have been accidental. Every fuck up on his watch gets billed to the club through a loan to be payed from a future buyer except the bill's too high and in the meantime he just rolls along getting his exposure which ultimately is why he paid Hall in the first place. His interview is a typical Ashley PR bit of bollocks designed to convince neutrals that he's not all bad. We missed out on the PL money because of his operational ineptitude got us relegated, (again!) and we're stuck with shit, (again!), because he rarely gets any 1st choice players and gives them long contracts to sign for us and as a bargaining chip if they come good, trouble is you're stuck with the fuckers when they turn out to be shit/injury prone etc. He's a fucking chancer constantly belittling the club. 'We're Newcastle United' said as if were fucking Oldham Athletic. I was fucking raging after trying to ignore all the negative stuff this close season. That's the FCB for you.

• Like 1

Sure, I agree it's his fault. But I can still understand why he doesn't want to throw money at us. We're a newly promoted club at the end of the day, missed out on TV money last season and spent quite a bit the season we got relegated. When the papers were throwing up numbers for our budget at the end of last season he should have been up front with Rafa about numbers then and fans expectations managed. I agree he's waited until season tickets have been renewed which is a cunts trick. But people expecting us to spend more than we have or him to bankroll it aren't being realistic.

Fat Mike is and always will be a grade A cunt and the club won't be free of him until he leaves this mortal coil (and grade A cunts tend to live longer than most).

As someone else said in Mike's head it's always someone else's fault.

You know what he's right, it's his father's fault for not pulling out.

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

And we really do need to shift some of the shite off the books

The trick is not to keep spending money in a scatter gun approach hoping for a Sissoko aberration then being left with less money in the pot for number one targets.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

The trick is not to keep spending money in a scatter gun approach hoping for a Sissoko aberration then being left with less money in the pot for number one targets.

Aye, you'd think he'd have saw how we spent money last season and see that you can still do half decent with transfers by letting Rafa crack on. We got, what, £2 million for Murphy after paying £3 million? I'm certain that when some Championship teams have a shit start, we'll see Hanley go for around what we paid for him. Reckon Rafa would see us pretty much break even every year on the transfer front if he was allowed. Though, that assumes Ashley would learn something which he clearly hasn't. He's like a kid playing The Sims. One moment, his house is running fine, his Sims have all got jobs and wives and then the next, he's trapping them rooms and making them set fireworks off in the house because he's bored.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-reveals-biggest-mistakes-13470265

The fucking patter on this cunt man. I'd probably accept a lucrative renaming of the ground under Rafa tbh. Sports Direct Arena was a fucking freebie for his tat shops. We'd rather finish a couple of places lower though according to him. And going off his noise there he still thinks there was nowt wrong with his transfer policy under Pardew. Wonder what happens if he has a heart attack, he's got kids hasn't he? Probably just mini-mes 

What a load of patronizing shite that is. So we're to blame for the lowly league finish because we didnt like the stadium name eh? Some of those quotes are shocking. 10 years and the man still understands so little, and yet he seems to believe he's figured it all out now. 

He's never going to get any better, he's hopeless. Never going to get his fat head out of his fat arse, loves the smell of his own steaming shite too much.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt