Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Football genius at work.

Sickening to read, makes us much less desirable and therefore will prolong the period of suffering and downturn.

He's made his fortune out of buying decent brands and taking them down market at a rate of knots. I suppose we're no different, he cheapens everything he owns (except his shares).

He's made his fortune out of buying decent brands and taking them down market at a rate of knots. I suppose we're no different, he cheapens everything he owns (except his shares).

Not strictly true. He usually buys well known brands that have gone bust and breathes new life into them. Karrimor being a good example.

Just saying :)

Look at Cardiff, Chelsea and us. I suppose these owners DO OWN the club and we can be a pretty disrespectful bunch. 'But its my Club', Ashley will rail. 'One moment the fans r happy but 2 losses on the trot and they're at me!'

With the likes of the above owners their egos get them at loggerheads with fans at ANY criticism of themselves. Egos the size of the man who ate all the pies. As B Clough once said. 'Do not massage the ego of owners cos they'll start to think they should pick the team.'(something along those lines, anyway) Truth is, they all want to be managers, successful managers at that. (cos its easy, aint it joe?) Hangers on tell em they can do it and hey presto, down the league the club goes. Ash wants JFK as a buffer between himself and us at the mo, someone to sit with at the match and giggle with (don't it make u sick?) When Pardew gets the bullet its gonna be JFK to ride us down to the blue square(?) league.

Joe Harveys days were glory. Expectations weren't too high, we won the fairs cup. I even enjoyed us winning the Texaco Cup competition type things. Moncur 'raised the fairs cup to the sky'. 'Black and White Christmas' on youtube says it all. Sigh.

Not strictly true. He usually buys well known brands that have gone bust and breathes new life into them. Karrimor being a good example.

Just saying :)

It's true he's bought some of his brands from distressed sellers. However he makes his money by slashng production quality and costs and churning out cheap tat till consumers eventually realise the brand is fucked. I remember when brands like Dunlop. Slazenger, Donnay, Lonsdale were quality....not anymore. If that's "breathing new life into them" then I agree with you

A win against Chelski and the Spuds and I bet a vast swathe of Toon 'fans' have now been placated in their hate of Mike Ashley, I'm not sure if it's those supporters that deserve everything we get under the Fat C*nt.

Do you know any of these fans or do they only exist in your head?

Do you honestly think they don't exist? Incidentally, when there's nobody on the board to argue with do you argue with the voices in your head? Just wondering like because you could get tablets for that I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

On a separate matter, one of our accountant writers noted in the new issue of true faith (TF107) the to the Sports Direct Annual Report for 2012, Sports Direct made £498,000 from Newcastle United out of “Related Party Transactions”.

We would welcome the club to explain what this payment from Newcastle United to Sports Direct represents. What is it for?
Officials at the club will understand, given the disquiet amongst supporters who have learnt Sports Direct receives extensive free advertising from Newcastle United, this additional news of the club making payments to the company owned largely by Mike Ashley will further increase concern at how Newcastle United operates.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/newcastle-united-sports-direct-questions/

Looks like anyone buying from the club's website are in fact buying from sportsdirect through a proxy company called nufcdirect as well.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/newcastle-united-sports-direct-questions/

Looks like anyone buying from the club's website are in fact buying from sportsdirect through a proxy company called nufcdirect as well.

Doesn't matter so long as the club are not worse off:

As an illustrative made up example, maybe all the merchandise storage/distribution/logistics etc used to cost NUFC around £700K a year, if they outsourced that to SD (who will have a huge distribution network) for £500K, the club would pay SD £500K (or 498K) but actually be £200K better off.

Doesn't matter so long as the club are not worse off:

As an illustrative made up example, maybe all the merchandise storage/distribution/logistics etc used to cost NUFC around £700K a year, if they outsourced that to SD (who will have a huge distribution network) for £500K, the club would pay SD £500K (or 498K) but actually be £200K better off.

You could see how it would be a concern that an organisation other than NUFC were getting money through NUFC shirts when there's little trust that our owner gives a flying fuck about NUFC. He's already shown that as a high flying business tycoon he has somehow halved our profitability disregarding television money. Sportsdirect is doing canny, though.

You could see how it would be a concern that an organisation other than NUFC were getting money through NUFC shirts when there's little trust that our owner gives a flying fuck about NUFC. He's already shown that as a high flying business tycoon he has somehow halved our profitability disregarding television money. Sportsdirect is doing canny, though.

What profitability have we ever had to half, with or without TV money ????

Other organisations have always made money through our shirts, it all comes down to the margin the club makes on a shirt irrespective of who sells it. I understand the distrust bit but £500K to SD is peanuts. You never know he could be saving the club a load of money, SD may be doing all the stuff for NUFC at cost, then again they may not. We'll likely never know but just because there's money going that way doesn't mean it's a "new" or bad cost tbh.

Edited by Toonpack

Other organisations have always made money through our shirts, it all comes down to the margin the club makes on a shirt irrespective of who sells it. I understand the distrust bit but £500K to SD is peanuts. You never know he could be saving the club a load of money, SD may be doing all the stuff for NUFC at cost, then again they may not. We'll likely never know but just because there's money going that way doesn't mean it's a "new" or bad cost tbh.

Probably can assume it's not benefitting Newcastle United as long as they're not singing about it from the rooftops though eh?

Our commercial income has been halved under Mike Ashley's reign.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt