Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I suppose it's fairly pointless debating it anyway. It's clear as day we aren't competitive as a football club - if we were we'd have backed the manager at some point - or improved on him and backed the new guy and Joe Kinnear wouldn't be a Director etc etfuckingcetera...

@Moog: Support the men in black and white who go out and play in front of you every other week. That part of the club still belongs to us no matter who the owner is or what division we play in.

It's a wretched situation but there's nothing any of us can do. Fat Mike won't budge until he's good and ready.

It's a nice thought but to be honest knowing that the team is handicapped before they even play, that the people running the club aren't actively pushing to win as much as possible and any money I put in to the club goes to a person I despise I just find everything about the whole experience as false, tainted and totally uninspiring. To think there is no light at the end of this very dark tunnel sickens me to my very core.

If you don't want to try and win trophies - what's the point in existing? We may as well fold tbh.

We have to be run as a business to ensure that we can keep going. That's completely understandable. But when your business's whole purpose of being is to try and win competitions and entertain your customers, there is (as you say) no point in existing if you're not trying to do that.

Winning the league is now impossible without hundreds of millions being spent on the team but the cups are both winnable so to give up on them is nothing short of scandalous!

We have to be run as a business to ensure that we can keep going. That's completely understandable. But when your business's whole purpose of being is to try and win competitions and entertain your customers, there is (as you say) no point in existing if you're not trying to do that.

Winning the league is now impossible without hundreds of millions being spent on the team but the cups are both winnable so to give up on them is nothing short of scandalous!

I understand we have resources but we also need to maximise in order to compete to win competitions. If not there is literally no point tbh. The clubs been in this state before no doubt but never as candidly as it is now.

Honestly this is the most pissed off I've ever been as a Newcastle supporter. There's so much wrong in football these days but I've always been able to put it to one side because there's always been the posibility of a day at Wembley so see us lift a trophy at last. Now there doesn't even seem to be that posibility!

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has no intention to sell up – after board members relayed the information during a fan forum this week.

A report from Newcastle United Supporters Trust indicated that a panel including secretary Lee Charnley and finance director John Irving took questions from the club’s fan forum.

In what was described as a positive step forward by NUST a statement reflected on the meeting by reporting that Ashley has: “No intention, desire or ambition to sell the club.”

The club’s blueprint remains to sign players under 26 years of age but there is still flexibility to bring in more experienced players.

The report also reveals that United did not dip into their £60million TV cash jackpot because the club felt that the extra revenue merely inflated the current market.

And this was one of the reasons why they brought forward their transfer activity to January.

As reported in the Chronicle last week, the board also confirmed that there was money put aside to spend this summer but those funds weren’t used because they were touted prices above what United felt was the valuation of the players on their shortlist.

The report indicated that director of football Joe Kinnear tried hard to bring in players but the he wasn’t always “at fault” after agent fees and “other issues” hindered the deals.

NUST’s report also says that United confirmed that cup competitions aren’t the priority for Newcastle and that the will be used to look at squad players.

Newcastle stated in the meeting that a top 10 finish is the main aim this term.

On the finance front United told fans that they were working on a three year cycle with the TV money and that there are no debts at United apart from interest-free loans to Ashley and they won’t be called in “until or if” the club is sold.

A statement from NUST also read: “The Club accounts show that Mike Ashley took an £11million short term loan back last year but the £18million short term loan he was due to take back this year is being rolled over to future years. The long term loan of £111million will stay in the accounts but there is no definition of long term. This means that our only significant debts are the interest free debts to Mike Ashley.

“On the Commercial income side we are one of the weakest clubs around. The Directors are working with Wonga and Puma to improve that situation but there was little information about what plans we have in place. Our commercial income shown in the accounts is about £13million. Man. Utd for example was shown recently as £153million! We were told that we couldn't compete with Man. Utd.;

“They were asked if Sports Direct paid for adverting at St. James' Park and it was confirmed that they do not. John Irving said that Sports Direct were using space that would be otherwise unused but didn't say how hard the commercial team were trying to find other (paying) advertisers,”

Jesus-Wept.jpg

Wonder what the reaction was at Puma when we asked them for any ideas about improving the commercial side of Newcastle United AFTER they've already became our sponsor?

As for the cups, please, please, please let a journalist ask a question to Alan Pardew about this statement, just for a laugh. I'd say ask the Devil himself but he wont talk. (Silly squeeky voice apparently).

Wonder what the reaction was at Puma when we asked them for any ideas about improving the commercial side of Newcastle United AFTER they've already became our sponsor?

As for the cups, please, please, please let a journalist ask a question to Alan Pardew about this statement, just for a laugh. I'd say ask the Devil himself but he wont talk. (Silly squeeky voice apparently).

I'm sure if the question was asked Pardew would be forced to trot out the old line about the words being misinterpreted. I suspect they shouldn't have said what they did as it's actually the truth for a change!

article-0-02E922EB00000578-948_468x367.j

"Yeah, hi, I'd like a house special chow mein, fried rice, sahm jockey's whips and prawn crackers, please..........What? It's Puma? Owd you get this nahmber? Anyway, while yer on, Mike wants to know what the fack yer doing to make him money? The facking locals are boycotting and the spring links from Singapore are too scared to buy the gear in case they get grief off the facking locals! Time to facking walk the walk old son or we'll go elsewhere to get sponsored, Old man Ghura on Shields Road is facking chomping at the bit to get his shop on our shirt!"

So Newcastle United, at cost to the business and ultimately our ability to compete, are effectively subsidising Sports Direct (by way of free advertising) who are a multi billion pound FTSE 100 company.

Mike Ashley, genius and cunt.

So Newcastle United, at cost to the business and ultimately our ability to compete, are effectively subsidising Sports Direct (by way of free advertising) who are a multi billion pound FTSE 100 company.

Mike Ashley, genius and cunt.

This is THE OPPOSITE of what ambitious clubs are looking to do to subvert FFP. :jesuswept:

I don't understand Ashley not trying to win a cup. I know he gives zero shits what people think of him but the political capital he'd have with a bit of silverware would be sky high. 'Why do I need to change, I gave em what they want and they're still complaining'

I don't understand Ashley not trying to win a cup. I know he gives zero shits what people think of him but the political capital he'd have with a bit of silverware would be sky high. 'Why do I need to change, I gave em what they want and they're still complaining'

It rhymes with shite.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt