Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye.

It's a great league to watch mind. Much better than what the Premier League has become when you take into account the fan representation, ticket prices and atmospheres.

It's a great league but it has been for years. A lot of people seem to have discovered (or rediscovered) it on Tuesday night.

Probably the same people who called people hipsters for watching it a few year back.

I wouldn't say there's a ''lot of shite'' anymore than there is in the premier league though. There's a lot of decent teams over there.

It's a great league but it has been for years. A lot of people seem to have discovered (or rediscovered) it on Tuesday night.

Probably the same people who called people hipsters for watching it a few year back.

I wouldn't say there's a ''lot of shite'' anymore than there is in the premier league though. There's a lot of decent teams over there.

Beyond the two powerhouses, it always feels to me like there's a lot of Wigans and Southamptons in the Bundesliga, decently set-up clubs trying to play positive football with a ragtag mixture of locals and second-level foreign players. Keeps things open and fairly interesting for the neutral, if nothing else. It probably helps that the standard of coaching/management is generally higher than it is here.

Yep. Because it's actually something they've looked at. SHOCKING STAT.

He added: "As things stand Spain have 25,000 Uefa A, B and Pro Licence coaches, Italy 30,000 and Germany 35,000 while England have less than 6,000.

I've think they've accounted for pretty much every aspect of what it takes to make a football league, it's an all round package & the fans are looked after.

Yep. Because it's actually something they've looked at. SHOCKING STAT.

I've think they've accounted for pretty much every aspect of what it takes to make a football league, it's an all round package & the fans are looked after.

That really is a shocking stats. Why is that there is so few coaches in England up to that standard?

Cos it's a fucking ball ache. Took me nearly a year just to do my level 2 badge. You have UEFA B, A and the Pro Licence on top of that

yet other nations manage to get so many more there

Perhaps other countries provide more courses at cheaper prices and more convenient times?

Most normal folk can't afford to take 2 weeks off work to do their level 2 never mind the many weeks needed for the later qualifications

Should sign McCarthy and loan him back to Reading for a season. Would be excellent competition for Krul and could go on to be a very good keeper at this level.

Not sure about Weimann - his shooting seems very erratic and he's got a really stupid quiff. I quite like his pace though and he seems to want to get the ball and get it forward without squandering possession. As said above, an upgrade on Gouffran (not that Gouffran is a bad player or anything).

Bar Dortmund and Munich there's a lot of shite in the Bundesliga btw. Don't buy into the lazy journalism that German football is turning into some sort of super league. Those 2 are hardly unknown quantities either

Edit. I know you didn't say otherwise btw

Aye, I think I exaggerated a little, but my point was more that we could find good quality players there. For example, if we'd tried to sign Cisse from Wigan, he's have cost us £18m and be on much bigger wages.

Aye, I think I exaggerated a little, but my point was more that we could find good quality players there. For example, if we'd tried to sign Cisse from Wigan, he's have cost us £18m and be on much bigger wages.

How do you work that one out LOL

France's @infosportplus are saying Hatem Ben Arfa has begun talks with Tottenham Hotspur.

@davidmcrossan

i'd be gutted if he left. and i'd full y expect him to give spurs 4 years of injury free service. would be just our luck.