Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to check them out on Wikipedia.

"In July 2009, Ricardo Gomes was replaced by former Cannes and Rennes coach Guy Lacombe, inheriting a youthful squad featuring numerous highly lauded youth team prospects, including Cédric Mongongu, Serge Gakpé, Vincent Muratori, Frédéric Nimani, Nicolas N'Koulou, Park Chu-Young, Yohan Mollo, and Yohann Thuram-Ulien.[12] Lacombe led Monaco to 8th place in Ligue 1 in his first season in charge, but he was unable to replicate this performance in his second season, and was sacked in January 2011, with Monaco in 17th place in Ligue 1. He was replaced by former coach Laurent Banide, who was unable to turn around the club's fortunes; Monaco finished the 2010–11 season in 18th position, thus becoming relegated to Ligue 2. They still are the worst team in France"

Helpful.

He's been like that ever since he joined them. There was an article on Zonal Marking a couple of years ago exploring all of this even when he was flavour of the month.

Thought he was their best player for a long while last season. Koscielny has had his off moments too but seems settled now. Might be a similar story with him, certainly has some great attributes. Would be an improvement on Taylor anyway.

To be fair, positioning is a skill that develops over time. This article is from over three years ago, so given that he's got another 3 years of experience under his belt now I would expect him to have improved.

He's been similar this season which is why he has lost his place to both Koscelney and Mertersacker who are both better defenders.

Yup, if I was them I would have gone in with everything for either of Falcao or Lewandowski. They need someone to take Puyol's place too now, Pique is generally a mess without him. A bit like the Colo/Taylor situation.

Now hearing rumours of Falco to Monaco, ffs!

I don't think he's going be a good fit there like, don't see where he'll fit in when Messi is on unless they're going start to phase out and sell some of the others.

Pedro, sanchez, xavi, iniesta , Messi, Neymar, Fabregas, Thiago, Tello, Affellay, villa (prob leaving), all great technically but fucking hell they could use some depth for "style" of player.

bit more in it for himself play wise neymar, be interesting to see how he adapts to barcelonas passpasspasspasspass between everyone stuff mean the lad controls it with his back and rainbow flicks it over peoples heads in league games :lol: not really barcelonas teamwork ethos, better fit for madrid imo, doesn't play the same role as ronaldo, could slot in for di maria, ozil or benzema/higuian.

thought barcelona might've tried to beef themselves up a bit after this season, they struggle to break down the hardworking well drilled teams now who give them a bit of a kick, and they've no plan.b because of having a team full of passing midgets.

Must admit the likes of Munich (and chelsea/city/madrid etc) have it sussed for me, they have their technically gifted players mata/silva/hazzard/ozil/ etc, then they have the hard working box to box defensive player who are still technically decent like alonso/toure/schweinsteiger/luiz/rameriez, and after that they have the hard working defensive minded simple passer, like khediera/martinez/garcia, and a range of strikers up front to choose from whether it's a big lad who can head or smaller pacey on the shoulder types.

Far better balanced squads for me.

Neymar will play on the inside left, I think it's quite obvious where he's going to fit in. Plus it now means teams can't focus all of their defensive strategy based on surrounding Messi with as many players as possible.

He's also a much better fit for Barcelona due to his style of play rather than the flat track bullies that are Real Madrid.

Busquets is a great defensive midfielder and Schweinstiger is a DLP so they play completely different roles so it's daft to compare them.