Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if its a choice between a striker who can lead the line and not score,and a striker who cannot do either ...........Davies is no Van Basten but we need someone to lead the line,whether we continue with hoofs or not.Cisse is a goalscorer who cannot hold the ball up.If we could hold the ball up,there may be a chance our mid-field players would support the front players.Apart from HBA,we have no attacking options.HBA gets criticised for trying to beat too many players,but who else causes the opposition problems offensively.A target man ( not Shola ) would hold the ball up and we certainly need someone to do such a job.I'd rather have Davies and Cisse up front than Cisse on his own.

We'd still have to get a replacement for him, Perch is not good enough, Bigi isnt ready yet.

On the whole we have a weak enough squad as it is, anybody leaving will have to be replaced so I'd rather noone did.

Well if its a choice between a striker who can lead the line and not score,and a striker who cannot do either ...........Davies is no Van Basten but we need someone to lead the line,whether we continue with hoofs or not.Cisse is a goalscorer who cannot hold the ball up.If we could hold the ball up,there may be a chance our mid-field players would support the front players.Apart from HBA,we have no attacking options.HBA gets criticised for trying to beat too many players,but who else causes the opposition problems offensively.A target man ( not Shola ) would hold the ball up and we certainly need someone to do such a job.I'd rather have Davies and Cisse up front than Cisse on his own.

Thanks for clarifying that! :lol:

You should give Barca a call, they need some physical presence and strength in the air. Tell them about Davies!

So if we had to cash in on someone, who would it be?

Tiote is awesome on his day but we could cope without him.. Sissoko needs to play deeper next season too

I agree. Off all the 'purple' players, he is the one we could afford to let go. Sissoko then dropping deeper alongside Cabaye.

I fear strong bids for Cabaye and Coloccini deciding to walk away but I don't see anyone else going.

When you look at our best 11 we need 3 purples regardless and that's what the club should be focusing on.

--------------------Krul----------

--Elliott and Alnwick as back up. Could do with another young option but not essential.

Debuchy---Taylor---M'Biwa---Santon

--Tavernier, Williamson, Perch, Streete, Mbabu, Newton, Dummett and Haidara. A lot of youth but no real quality. A purple CB needed.

----------Cabaye---Tiote---Sissoko

--Gosling, Anita and Bigirimana is not good enough back up. We need a exciting young attack minded CM and someone with a bit of strength. Gosling can leave.

Ben Arfa--------------------Gouffran

---Jonas, Obertan and Marveaux our options out wide. I'd only actively keep Marveaux. We need new options out wide on both sides.

----------------Cisse

---Shola and Campbell. Happy for both to be in and around the squad next year but we clearly need two strikers. One of them a 'purple'.

We need 5 players in. 3 purples. 2 young prospects.

You can expect a 'purple' striker and perhaps one or two young prospects realistically.

Been reading on a few places about Monaco being interested in Ben Arfa, a 10M bid is being rumored. :glare:

i think Ashley would sanction a bid of £10m for HBA.The same money for Cabaye would also see a sale.If these players do go,i hope the transfers go through quickly allowing Pardew to spend the money on players before pre-season training starts.I'd hate to think we will be starting next season with the current squad or a weaker squad.

Just a rumour. I think if an offer did come in Ashley would stick out for a bit more than that. Wouldnt matter much though if he went for 10M or 25M apart from making our books look better.

i doubt ben arfa would go for much more than £10m given how few games he's played since signing for us. he has the potential to be worth that kind of money but who will pay it for a player that's yet to play more than half a season in three years?

Messi's coming - you heard it here first. Oh and Big Les is making a comeback to fit perfectly into the "shola" role. As far as ben arfa not being worth 10 million - maybe on 2010 prices , but its going bonkers. For me, Ben Arfa is one of those players that you can tell is a world class player - if he looks like good with the nufc squad round him, imagine what he'd be like with a team of world classers around him.

Edited by scoobos

What like our more than half decent left back joining Liverpool a couple of years back?....

How in the Hell is that (a player leaving what appears to be a sinking ship to join one of the most famous clubs opn the planet) more strange than Ter Stegen joining Newcastle United (one of the planets big prospects joining a struggling midtable Premier League club) ahead of a club that'll be in the Europa League?

Also as an aside (and not directed at you) I don't like the "lets colour code our players" thing.

How in the Hell is that (a player leaving what appears to be a sinking ship to join one of the most famous clubs opn the planet) more strange than Ter Stegen joining Newcastle United (one of the planets big prospects joining a struggling midtable Premier League club) ahead of a club that'll be in the Europa League?

Also as an aside (and not directed at you) I don't like the "lets colour code our players" thing.

I was referring to Krul possibly moving, not to who his succesor may be. That is for finer minds than my own...plainly....