Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been stated time and again that if anyone wants to by our players they're welcome to bid, but we'll be demanding £20m+ for the "Purple Players"

Also, Pardew pretty much confirmed that the only area we'll be strengthening this summer is up front:

“We are trying to strengthen our attacking area. In midfield and at the back we are comfortable.

“I really feel there will be a player or two who moves on because of a little overload in midfield.”

Mick Harford :glare:

hahahahahaha,

In all seriousness, do you reckon that really is the truth? I mean that would be a top drawer way to wind up Pards wouldn't it?

"But Joe, I'm really worried for the future we are going to struggle to survive"

"Don't worry Pards mate, we've got a guy coming in tomorrow who really will clarify our stance on the future, no worries"

Regarding Gignac, you're right - but if we do get him its only to replace Cisse - and then we'll forget about the need for another striker "They wanted a striker, we bought one, if Cisse hadn't left us in the shit we'd have 2 strikers , honest guv"

Edited by scoobos

I think what we should all appreciate with transfers is the importance of The Line. Getting transfers Over The Line is crucial but what does any of us know about the line? Some clubs like the mackems are plainly blessed with a thin line but in our case the line is as wide as the Tyne.

Llambias may have looked like a nerdy accountant but had the pulling power of a small truck to drag our january transfers over the line. Unfortunately the effort nearly killed him so kinnear was brought in to replace him. As a football man you'd think there's nothing he doesn't know about the line but his age and health count against him. Once again ashley hasn't done his due diligence.

I think he was expecting our line was like the mackems. Once he'd worked out where it was and went for a look he shit himself and needed a weeks holiday to recover.

He needs to look after his heart after all.

The good thing is joe now recognises he needs help. Maybe her used to be good with the line but it's a young man's game these days. harford would have been good man for pulling those transfers but he probably has geoff capes lined up as a replacement. No doubt once we have the staff in place on the end of the rope we can get those transfers over the line. In the meantime we have to be patient and recognise just how difficult it is.

Sevilla have signed Kevin Gameiro for 7.5 million euros - have to think that's somebody we should've been after for that price, as we were quite heavily linked with him before he went to PSG.

Wages too high or just the usual complete lack of foresight? Or both?

Didn't live up to his hype probably being the reason.

Surely being stuck in at PSG right before they went money crazy can't have helped. It's not exactly easy to oust Zlatan from the team. Just think for £6.5 he might have been worth a look.