Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about how we're going to set up a team with two strikers now. Three of our main players are Sissoko, Cabaye & Tiote so I'f we're moving back to 4-4-2 how do we fit those three in? On top of that we have the problem of not really having any wingers (obviously I'm not classing Jonas as a winger any more because he seems to have lost all of his attacking inclinations and I'm not counting Obertan as he's fucking gash!).

I worry about how we're going to set up a team with two strikers now. Three of our main players are Sissoko, Cabaye & Tiote so I'f we're moving back to 4-4-2 how do we fit those three in? On top of that we have the problem of not really having any wingers (obviously I'm not classing Jonas as a winger any more because he seems to have lost all of his attacking inclinations and I'm not counting Obertan as he's fucking gash!).

Sissoko is a winger, didnt you know :/

I think it should be Anita or Tiote , and Cabaye OR Sissoko , I don't see a need to play all three. I detest playing people in sub-optimal positions. Which AP seems to love.

The more we play Sissoko up front, or wide, the more we risk ruining him - just as we ruined Tiote by trying to make him box to box.

Krul

Santon Mbiwa Collocini Debuchy

Marveaux Sissoko Cabaye Arfa

Cisse Goufrann

This is idiotic I don't understand this move. Why would you play 2 strikers if we don't have 2 and even if we brought in another striker we need to play with possession ball not chuck the ball up front and hope our striker gets it.

Am I alone in thinking that Marveaux just isn't good enough? I drop him in the "worse than Obertan" bucket, because at least Obertan is willing to bust a gut when not in possession.

Marv looks alright when hes in possession and can certainly pass the ball, but he just goes missing when not in possession.

Am I alone in thinking that Marveaux just isn't good enough? I drop him in the "worse than Obertan" bucket, because at least Obertan is willing to bust a gut when not in possession.

Marv looks alright when hes in possession and can certainly pass the ball, but he just goes missing when not in possession.

Yes, you are alone. Obertan is no better at tracking back than anyone else; Brighton away is a perfect example.

Gomis alledged to be on 300K (euro) p/w and want more to move. Also we are meant to have offered 5-6M and they want 10M + 2M bonuses. If true, that deal aint gonna happen then!

Sorry you're right, didnt read it properly. Guy on twitter saying he gets £260,000 per month as you say. He wants more. So aye, unlikely.

Gomis alledged to be on 300K (euro) p/w and want more to move. Also we are meant to have offered 5-6M and they want 10M + 2M bonuses. If true, that deal aint gonna happen then!

Meanwhile we finished 16th last year and we haven't signed a single player - you have to spend to stand still.

How many targets are we going to miss out on because we simply don't want to spend?

It's pathetic for a club ''our size''.

Meanwhile we finished 16th last year and we haven't signed a single player - you have to spend to stand still.

How many targets are we going to miss out on because we simply don't want to spend?

It's pathetic for a club ''our size''.

I understand them wanting to bargain for the best deal, but there comes a point when players need a pre-season. Its fucking stupid man.

My current thinking is that they will spend the minimum possible and then wait until winter to see out position. so long as we are "safe" then we'll not invest but if like last season we're looking "dodgy" he will invest to protect our status. In otherwords, dont get relegated, anything else is fine.

Aa Kinhear the soond of footsteps gannin oot but nen coming in.

I hear Hull are signing a 6ft striker age 25. Yannick Sagbo.

I hear Sheffield Wed. are signing a 6ft-6 striker age 23. Atdhe Nuhiu.

And now I hear Hughton has signed a striker, Hooper, and that makes 2 strikers he's signed.

Is Kinhear alive?

Sounds like Debuchy all over again, and tbf there was praise from some quarters about not being held to ransome.

Was there? Can't say I remember this at all tbf