Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Wouldn't blame Cabaye for leaving if he did, but I can't see it happening if all his mates are here, not just yet anyways.

He didn't have a great season and generally looked short of fitness last year, it's something I reckon he'll want to put right.

If all the January recruits raise their level, I can see us having a decent season.. it's definitely not all doom and gloom

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pards acts like a salesman every summer.

He does like. Does my head in. "roll up roll up come look at our players, place yours bids now!"

He does a good impression of Eric Idle haggling over a guord or however you spell it. '£10M for thaht? You must be mahd! Go on, it's your turn, offer me £15M!'

Brian: '£15M'

Pardew: "£15M! He's offering me £15M and me with a dying mother to look after and a poorly donkey to feed!'

Brian: "But you told me what to bid! Oh tell me what to bid, please!"

Pards: " Offer me 18."

Brian: "18."

Pards: "18! 18!!! He's offering me 18 for this established French international, a French international who we personally nurtured and who's like a sahn to me etc, etc....."

He always makes our position clear, which is that our key players won't be sold until silly money comes in for them (ex. Carroll) or until we no longer require them (ex. Nolan/Barton.) So far they've been consistent about that. The only exception really is Enrique, but he wanted to go and was entering the last year of his contract, plus we replaced him.

There's no point in Pardew saying we're not a selling club because everyone knows we are. He'd just look even more of a stooge than he already does if he went out there and said "Hands off our players, you're not getting any of them."

Ok , I understand what you're saying for a lot of that post, but this is exactly what we did and why I'm so pissed off.

http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/8838034/Pardew-hoping-to-keep-Cabaye

For me he's saying there - no bid made, but he'd fit in well and is in the same category as Ronaldo and Rooney. (ffs).

That's pretty much using the media to let Man U know you're ready to talk, I reckon. the quote of rooney and Ronaldo was just unnecessary

Keeping on track , 15 mil is stupid ... no way is he worth it.

Seek help.

He does a good impression of Eric Idle haggling over a guord or however you spell it. '£10M for thaht? You must be mahd! Go on, it's your turn, offer me £15M!'

Pardew: "£15M! He's offering me £15M and me with a dying mother to look after and a poorly donkey to feed!'

Pards: "18! 18!!! He's offering me 18 for this established French international, a French international who we personally nurtured and who's like a sahn to me etc, etc....."

:lol:

He always makes our position clear, which is that our key players won't be sold until silly money comes in for them (ex. Carroll) or until we no longer require them (ex. Nolan/Barton.) So far they've been consistent about that. The only exception really is Enrique, but he wanted to go and was entering the last year of his contract, plus we replaced him.

There's no point in Pardew saying we're not a selling club because everyone knows we are. He'd just look even more of a stooge than he already does if he went out there and said "Hands off our players, you're not getting any of them."

I was glad to see the back of the bearded lady in the end.

Minor issues could hold deal up 8 days.

I don't consider those said issues to be minor then.

What the actual fuck is wrong with football man. All these agents are a cancer to the game.

Is it really that footballers are just dumb as fuck and can't negotiate a contract?

Yet I don't hear of other clubs wrangling over agent fees.

The agents work for no one but themselves either. There are a couple of "old school" ones, but a player does seem to have to register with many agents, at different cuts to try get into certain clubs. Clubs have approved agents now, and its tough to get a new agent in.

5% of 8 million is a bit excessive.

My money says he ain't coming, smoke and mirrors man.

For? Should everyone who has a differing opinion to you also seek help? Is it me that needs it? How much wood can a woodchuck chuck anyway?

It's not that you have a differing opinion, it's that everything you post is entirely negative and largely baseless. Pardew was asked a question about Cabaye and he replied he'd like to keep him and suddenly you reckon that he's touting him round. Do you honestly think that David Moyes wasn't aware of Cabaye until he read that quote on the Sky Sports website? If we were looking to get rid then there are better ways of doing it than in a press conference.

You will never hear Alan Pardew say that any of our players aren't going to be sold because he understands that all our players have a price on their heads. The last time Pardew stated that a player wasn't for sale the same player was out the door less than two weeks later and since then he has learned to give no 100% assurances on any player.