Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't we linked with him some time back? We'd be better off spending that amount on him than McCarthy to be honest. Although I cant see it happening.

We were yeah. I'd love a player like that here but I think he'll probably end up at a champions league club. Although I can accept that sounds far fetched - he reminds me bit of Wilshire in style and precociousness. The maturity in his decision making is exceptional . English players like him need a chance in the big time.

A fully fit Ryan Taylor is a better player.

Right now maybe, but McCarthy has so much fight and enthusiasm in him that I think over time he'd be a better player. Probably not a lot of time either.

Canny interview. Didn't make himself look like a complete idiot for a change and gave a bit of insight about what it's like to actually complete these deals. I wish the club would put out more communications like this.

That said I find it difficult to believe anything he says and I still can't understand why we didn't start all this long enough ago to be further on by now. I mean what the fuck have they been doing the last three month!

The longer this drags on the more I can envisage us spending a grand total of £2mil on a loan fee for Remy, with the Gomis and Bent deals suddenly collapsing. £58m of the £60m TV money in Mikes pocket and Kinnear on SSN telling us he did all he could and he will try again in January

The longer this drags on the more I can envisage us spending a grand total of £2mil on a loan fee for Remy, with the Gomis and Bent deals suddenly collapsing. £58m of the £60m TV money in Mikes pocket and Kinnear on SSN telling us he did all he could and he will try again in January

That's been a good bet ever since they uncharacteristically spent a fair bit in January.

I dont know which part of "we spent big in January so dont expect too much in the summer" people fail to understand tbh. Its got little to do with what we need for the squad, its about getting the bare minimum in to ensure survival.In a way I'm ok with that if it hastens the fat prick's exit, but it could of course be worse. Am sure greater minds than mine will be able to assess a lot more accurately than I can whether he is going to trouser the lion's share of the forthcoming TV money but I'd suggest that you're spot on.

I dont know which part of "we spent big in January so dont expect too much in the summer" people fail to understand tbh. Its got little to do with what we need for the squad, its about getting the bare minimum in to ensure survival.In a way I'm ok with that if it hastens the fat prick's exit, but it could of course be worse. Am sure greater minds than mine will be able to assess a lot more accurately than I can whether he is going to trouser the lion's share of the forthcoming TV money but I'd suggest that you're spot on.

He allocates about 20m a year for spend, wether it be summer or Jan.