Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Sorry, I thought you meant which game did Sissoko play RW.

It's not perpetuating a myth about Pardew, he did play Shola wide right one game. Probably the most ridiculous managerial decision I've ever seen at the club

Apart from when Sir Bob did it fairly regularly? :lol:

Yes, 10 years is a long time...

anyway...Liverpool..442..

Elliot

Debuchy

S.Taylor

Yanga-Mbiwa

Haidara

Perch

Tiote

Cabaye

Sissoko

Cisse

Gutierrez

Who played up front with Cisse then?....

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may have played on the right of a front 3, to suggest he played wide right/right wing would imply that the formation was 442. Which apparently it wasnt?...

You implied that, not me. Wide right, whether its on the half way line, or 30 yards further up the pitch, is still wide right. As ant says, it's a position that needs pace, a trick, or the ability to cross. None of which Shola possesses

We're in for Downing?! :unsure2:

I'd rather go and spend the extra money on Tom Ince. Especially with the way that we operate when you factor their wage difference it would probably be a cheaper deal.

i actually remember @@Tooj posting something at the time like

"if you're a manager who can't identify ian harte as a weakness you're finished, if you play shola on the wing against him, one of the worst managerial decisions from anyone ever"

:smoke-1:

You implied that, not me. Wide right, whether its on the half way line, or 30 yards further up the pitch, is still wide right. As ant says, it's a position that needs pace, a trick, or the ability to cross. None of which Shola possesses

I think Marveux was nominally in to give width on the right v Reading tbh..

Krul

Santon

Debuchy

Williamson

Coloccini

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Marveaux

Sh.Ameobi

Cisse

Last season was imperfect to say the least. But lets at least look at what was attempted, not what some folk imagine was in front of them. Shola wasnt solely responsible for putting Iain Harte under pressure that day, not in that system anyway. This system is supposed to be flexible, with players moving all over the place to create space for those coming up from the back such as Santon. And we all know what Shola's movement is like...and we all know how anonymous Marveux can be. He was subbed that day in the 64th minute, suggesting he hadnt really done his job. He was subbed for Perch mind :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

He is a tease mind. I followed him on Instagram on Saturday night, within a minute he had liked two of my photos. He has then went on a bit of a spree of "liking" many NUFC photos, including one of Pardew and a mock up of him in the new kit. I think its all agreed with him and OL, and he wants to come, just agents and OL being funny with each other and causing delays.

Thanks 4 all the support that u guys give me, sadly the decision to come join u is not my own its more complicated. Excuse 4 my translation

Gomis

Is that last bit from you or him? ;)

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-distance-themselves-stewart-5668714

Newcastle United are understood to have distanced themselves from talk linking them with out of favour Liverpool winger Stewart Downing.

Reports from out sister paper the Liverpool Echo correctly reported that the former Middlesbrough man has been offered to United and other Premier League clubs for a cut price £5million.

However, the Chronicle understands that United have played down the approach as they concentrate bringing in another striker.

United were continuing discussions to bring in Bafetimbi Gomis from Lyon while talks are also still in progress the bring in Darren Bent.

Gomis is thought to be the preferred choice but Bent could well be an option and is a player that Alan Pardew would love to bring to Newcastle after working with the England international at Charlton Athletic.

With Newcastle already having Sylvain Marveaux, Jonas, Hatem Ben Arfa, Yoan Gouffran and Hatem Ben Arfa able to operate on the left hand side, the offer of Downing is not thought to be something that is seriously being considered at this moment at St James' Park.

Downing's wages of £80,000 per week would also prove to be a major stumbling block with his salary way above the average at United.

Does noone (including the man himself) read Ryder's articles before they get published?

"out sister paper the Liverpool Echo"

"Jonas, Hatem Ben Arfa, Yoan Gouffran and Hatem Ben Arfa"