Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

In most people's line ups it would be difficult to see where Sinclair or Ince would fit in. Most people's first choice is a narrow 3 of Cabaye,Sissoko and Tiote, with Remy and Gouffran either side of Cisse. Bringing in a wide left player screams 442 to me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both could play in the LW position that Remy is expecting to play in the front of a 4-3-3. Could also, drop Cabaye back to partner Sissoko, bring Ben Arfa into the middle, and play Sinclair or Ince on the right, which could be good at home against lesser teams.

In most people's line ups it would be difficult to see where Sinclair or Ince would fit in. Most people's first choice is a narrow 3 of Cabaye,Sissoko and Tiote, with Remy and Gouffran either side of Cisse. Bringing in a wide left player screams 442 to me.

Gouffran infront of Ben Arfa? :lol:I agree though. Thing is, whether it means 442 or not, we need more quality out wide.Rather than 442 or 433 we would use a variation of the later which he have done for a while. 4231.

Both could play in the LW position that Remy is expecting to play in the front of a 4-3-3. Could also, drop Cabaye back to partner Sissoko, bring Ben Arfa into the middle, and play Sinclair or Ince on the right, which could be good at home against lesser teams.

Well that does beg the question why wouldnt you play Remy after chasing him for 18 months? I appreciate its about options, but something doesnt add up.Dont know about your second plan, it sounds confused and far fetched iyam; HBA doesnt really play in the middle, 18 months of squealing from FM fanboys hasnt changed Pardews mind on that one and as for where Sissoko fits in..you're suggesting he plays further back than Cabaye??..

Gouffran infront of Ben Arfa? :lol: I agree though. Thing is, whether it means 442 or not, we need more quality out wide. Rather than 442 or 433 we would use a variation of the later which he have done for a while. 4231.

Is the enigma likely to be fit though?....safety first Pardew. Its going to be interesting to see what happens. I frankly havent got clue what to expect. Where does Gomis fit in to this masterplan?...theres going to be a stronger bench if these two moves come off, that cant be bad...or can it?..Ashley doesnt strike me as wanting millions of £££££££s sat on the bench.

Most businesses don't like having stock sitting around doing nothing. Mikey boy doesn't seem the type of bloke to spend money on players.......was going to say 'not to play' but I'll just finish at 'players'.

Well that does beg the question why wouldnt you play Remy after chasing him for 18 months? I appreciate its about options, but something doesnt add up.Dont know about your second plan, it sounds confused and far fetched iyam; HBA doesnt really play in the middle, 18 months of squealing from FM fanboys hasnt changed Pardews mind on that one and as for where Sissoko fits in..you're suggesting he plays further back than Cabaye??..

Remy's recovering from an injury at the moment, and the likes of him and Ben Arfa will all likely miss spells this season, as that's been the pattern in their previous seasons. Of course Remy would be the first choice, but having one of Sinclair and Ince would provide a genuine attacking weapon off the bench as well as cover for the inevitable injuries of Remy/HBA.

And I don't think it is quite far-fetched, and is coming from more than just FM fanboyishness. Hasn't Ben Arfa been playing through the middle in a 4-2-3-1 during a few of these pre-season games? And you're right that should've been drop Sissoko back to partner Cabaye.

I loathe posting formation schematics, but my idea is basically this:

--------Cisse

Remy--HBA--Sinclair/Ince

------Cabaye--Sissoko

Against weaker teams at home, I think that could be quite effective. But both you and HHman are right. It's unlikely Ashley will make an outlay for these players just to have them as alternatives. But then again, we did buy Anita!

Remy's recovering from an injury at the moment, and the likes of him and Ben Arfa will all likely miss spells this season, as that's been the pattern in their previous seasons. Of course Remy would be the first choice, but having one of Sinclair and Ince would provide a genuine attacking weapon off the bench as well as cover for the inevitable injuries of Remy/HBA.

And I don't think it is quite far-fetched, and is coming from more than just FM fanboyishness. Hasn't Ben Arfa been playing through the middle in a 4-2-3-1 during a few of these pre-season games? And you're right that should've been drop Sissoko back to partner Cabaye.

I loathe posting formation schematics, but my idea is basically this:

--------Cisse

Remy--HBA--Sinclair/Ince

------Cabaye--Sissoko

Against weaker teams at home, I think that could be quite effective. But both you and HHman are right. It's unlikely Ashley will make an outlay for these players just to have them as alternatives. But then again, we did buy Anita!

Last season's "Cabaye replacement". See James McCarthy this summer :)

Fair points Jon....no doubt Pardew will conspire to make of pigs ear team out of a sow's purse squad though...

Of course. Was making an argument for why Ince/Sinclair would be great acquisitions, not for a second suggesting that we'll ever actually sign them! ;)

And wasn't Anita more of a Tiote replacement than Cabaye?

Have a look.

It really shouldn't be of any concern to you or anyone else.

I'm here to talk football.

Its a concern to pretty much everyone on here, particularly the people who chipped in to cover what you refused Sir Bobby Robsons charity.

Makes me feel better after your "I hate your posts more than anyone"

Cant get much lower than stealing from a charity. I worked for one and just quit because I felt I wasn't saving them money anymore, just costing , but to rip one off is unspeakable.

Stewart Downing set to sign for West Ham. So that's now £55m of King Kenny's signings sold at a loss of £34m. :lol:

Edit: Plus another £5m loss on Charlie Adam.

Edited by ewerk