Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart Downing set to sign for West Ham. So that's now £55m of King Kenny's signings sold at a loss of £34m. :lol:

Edit: Plus another £5m loss on Charlie Adam.

Wow, the mind boggles. He did alright signings wise for us , or my minds playing tricks on me

Didn't he sign Solano as well?

Yep there's another. Great player for us, shame he wasn't there in Gillespie's time , we always were short on the right if I remember correctly. Funny, dalglish was a shat manager, and did rid of too many of Keegan players imo, but his signings weren't bad, sales aside.

Edited by scoobos

At this point it must be said that on the whole this has been an embarrassingly barren summer. The most newsworthy acquisition up to a week or so back was that of Kinnear, and the rightful focus of that was the absurdity of the appointment.

With the season now starting within the week, on the back of a less than convincing set of pre-season matches our one saving grace may be that on the injury front we're doing well.

I just hope we manage to stay up, until Ashley gets his money back. I'm really not feeling good about the season ahead though, its like we are liquidising stock.

Sure we've bought in the last two years, but we've always been decreasing the value of the squad (e.g total spend is always less than income from transfers).

There are a lot of gambles in our squad now, more so than dependables; but who knows, they might click and all perform hey?

It should go without saying that we haven't actually bought anyone this window.

Edited by scoobos

Yep there's another. Great player for us, shame he wasn't there in Gillespie's time , we always were short on the right if I remember correctly. Funny, dalglish was a shat manager, and did rid of too many of Keegan players imo, but his signings weren't bad, sales aside.

Des hamilton, tomasson, guivarch, rush, barnes, andersson. Some of his signings were pretty bad for us actually. However he didn't spend a lot of money in comparison to gullitt and souness iirc

I just hope we manage to stay up, until Ashley gets his money back. I'm really not feeling good about the season ahead though, its like we are liquidising stock.

Sure we've bought in the last two years, but we've always been decreasing the value of the squad (e.g total spend is always less than income from transfers).

Over the last two years we've spent twice as much on transfers as we've brought in. But don't let the facts get in the way of an ill-informed rant.

Well a twitter rumour is good enough for the Daily Star.

The Geordies have conceded defeat in their bid to sign Lyon ace Bafetimbi Gomis.

And with Aston Villa outcast Darren Bent also unlikely to join, the Toon have turned to the 24-year-old Genk star.

Vossen has 11 caps for Belgium and has scored 65 goals in the past three seasons for Genk.

Everton and Sunderland were linked with the 5ft 11in forward last season but failed to follow up their initial interest.

However, Newcastle will table a £7m bid for Vossen before their Premier League opener at Manchester City on Monday.

The Magpies have taken Loic Remy on a season-long loan from QPR but the Frenchman has a calf injury and will miss the big kick-off.

Newcastle thought they had a deal for Gomis and Toon midfielder Moussa Sissoko revealed his pal is desperate to join the club.

But Gomis is in dispute with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas and the Toon’s director of football Joe Kinnear is unwilling to revive a deal that has turned into a saga.

Painfully obvious now that the plan was always to get to September doing the bare minimum. As expected as it was its frustrating. It wont be long til Pardew comes out with "Well Gouffran and Sissoko were brought forward in January, they were meant to be Summer signings, so really we have signed 3 players"

It is comical now watching us being linked to Belgian defenders and Jelle Vossen on Twitter and idiots actually taking it for truth, then the press (well the Star) running with the story.

Painfully obvious now that the plan was always to get to September doing the bare minimum.

I'm in two minds as to whether you're right and we're playing out that plan or whether Kinnear is just woefully inept in his role. Either scenario is entirely plausible.

He has a better scoring record than Benteke did at Genk. Though more important would be his ability to adapt to the PL, Benteke didn't exactly hit the ground running.

Benteke scored 23 in 39, including a goal on his debut. But don't let the facts get in the way of an ill-informed rant.

;)