Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Bent medical at Villa.

I wasn't against him coming here, and quite surprised he hasn't ended up here actually. Joe probably had a hand in that.

Love starting a new season with no new players on the pitch, great boost to a team finishing 16th last season.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent medical at Villa.

I wasn't against him coming here, and quite surprised he hasn't ended up here actually. Joe probably had a hand in that.

Love starting a new season with no new players on the pitch, great boost to a team finishing 16th last season.

Who're they signing him from?

Who're they signing him from?

haha :blush2: just realised my error! extremly long day at work finishing a project and just seen the news about his medical at fulham.

Edited by scotty84

Don't get yourselves worked up too much. Man City was a write off no matter how many new faces we have.

Our season starts on the 24th, expect 3 new signings next week.

I admire your optimism Steven, but am not sure which part of "we brought two signings forward from the summer" or "dont expect too many signings this summer after the January we've just had" you dont understand. There may be a player or two coming in, I just think we've had fair warning that there wont be wholesale changes.

It's pretty clear they really tried to get Gomis and were fucked around by the agents. So there is definitely intent there...

Historically the reaction to missing out on a target has not been to switch attentions elsewhere, but rather the equivalent of uttering "oh well, we'll get 'em next time".

It's pretty clear they really tried to get Gomis and were fucked around by the agents. So there is definitely intent there...

yep. I reckon 1 more in.

It's been a long time since I was this disillusioned at the start of a season. Out pre season friendlies have given me no reason to hope we will do anything remotely different this season.

Remy is injured, Campbell is out on loan and we are starting the season with Cisse, a guy who got 8 league goals last year, Gouffran, a guy who AP sees as a winger, and Shola.

Where are out goals coming from? Ba was our top scorer last season and we survived relegation by one game. With him gone we are fucked.

Setting Ba aside a moment, our first team is better than it has been in quite a while. When another striker comes in we'll have Remy, Goofy and Cisse, +1 - for the forward slot and I think at home we'll be playing 2 strikers.

Debuchy, Taylor, Collo, Yanga, Haidara, Santon available for the defence looks much stronger than that area has looked in recent times (no more Simpson or Williamson). These are all internationals and Haidara has a bit of pace and a good cross - imo will devellop into a good left back over the next couple of years.

Yanga can play anywhere across the back and we've seen in glimpses that Debuchy gets forward well.

Krul is getting better with every season.

It's not all doom and gloom. ;)

Edited by Park Life

It's been a long time since I was this disillusioned at the start of a season. Out pre season friendlies have given me no reason to hope we will do anything remotely different this season.

Remy is injured, Campbell is out on loan and we are starting the season with Cisse, a guy who got 8 league goals last year, Gouffran, a guy who AP sees as a winger, and Shola.

Where are out goals coming from? Ba was our top scorer last season and we survived relegation by one game. With him gone we are fucked.

I was thinking about this yesterday....when you think about it, the summer of 09 was a lot worse.Apart from Hughton being appointed,nothing happened, then we got twatted at Orient. Thats not to say that things couldnt be better, of course they could, and am not saying "look at how that turned out!!" either. Bottom line is things have been worse a very short time ago. The elephant in the room is whether Pardew survives..with him, we're mid table plodders...if he gets sacked and Kinnear is appointed, I think we're screwed then. Dont know if theyre deliberately giving Pardew enough rope to hang himself with...if we're in say the bottom 5 at the end of September, Pardew could easily turn round in a press conference and say "shite window, not my blame" and be collecting his cards the same day. I do feel a bit sorry for him in a strange way. Then I think about the last 3 home games of last season and it goes away.

JFK won't take over. Pretty sure they have a replacement lined up...But who? Bound to be some new level of nightmare... :lol:

Poyet's name is bandied about....wouldnt say no, but would he come?.. Ashley's name must be fuckin mud in the football world at large..

Setting Ba aside a moment, our first team is better than it has been in quite a while. When another striker comes in we'll have Remy, Goofy and Cisse, +1 - for the forward slot and I think at home we'll be playing 2 strikers.

Debuchy, Taylor, Collo, Yanga, Haidara, Santon available for the defence looks much stronger than that area has looked in recent times (no more Simpson or Williamson). These are all internationals and Haidara has a bit of pace and a good cross - imo will devellop into a good left back over the next couple of years.

Yanga can play anywhere across the back and we've seen in glimpses that Debuchy gets forward well.

Krul is getting better with every season.

It's not all doom and gloom. ;)

I don't care how good the first 9 spots in the team are, if you can't score goals you are in trouble. Remy could be locked up soon for all we know. He's also injured for another few weeks at least apparently

Last seasons league goals

Cisse 8

Shola 1

Gouffran 3

That's the sum total of our forward line atm

Wigan scored 47 and were relegated. Can you see 35 goals from the rest of our team? Jonas, Tiote, Sissoko? HBA and Cabaye may get 10-12 between them if we are lucky

Edited by TheRollingStones

Poyet's name is bandied about....wouldnt say no, but would he come?.. Ashley's name must be fuckin mud in the football world at large..

He's a cunt. Not saying that means he'd be a failure but he is a cunt. But he'd be available without having to pay compensation to another club so obviously he'll be top of the list.

I don't care how good the first 9 spots in the team are, if you can't score goals you are in trouble. Remy could be locked up soon for all we know. He's also injured for another few weeks at least apparently

Last seasons league goals

Cisse 8

Shola 1

Gouffran 3

That's the sum total of our forward line atm

Half the team were missing on and off last year. Cabaye was poor, Tiote went mad and Hatem picked up hamstring issues. We were really short on firepower and creativity (party due to tactics)...Remy make no mistake is a very dangerous customer..If he can slot in just behind Cisse and to the left (drop Guti), and Hatem gets into it cutting in from the right there will be more goals.

Edited by Park Life

He's a cunt. Not saying that means he'd be a failure but he is a cunt. But he'd be available without having to pay compensation to another club so obviously he'll be top of the list.

Do you bare the scars of him scoring every single time he played against us, including an FA cup semi and for fuckin Spurs? :lol:

Or is it to do with what happened at Brighton?...they did ditch him in a very strange manner...it seems he was suspeneded completly out of the blue, then sacked whilst live on the bbc...strange..why did they suspend him in the first place?..

Think he is top of the list and the plan seems to be to undermine and annoy Pards till he quits.