Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be excellent news if we sign a replacement for cabaye and some other attacking options that are any good. Big if.

Cart before horse to say it's excellent news at the moment. Typical of your enthusiasm for all things Ashley, despite there being nothing to get excited about.

To be fair like, one of the options I gave was the one Spurs have taken. It still doesn't make them competitive though, which is the point I was making. If you're being pragmatic about it and you think well we can spend all this money and we might keep the fans happy but ultimately we'll still fall short, why bother?

Because trying to finish as high as possible is financially & emotionally* rewarding and simply surviving is negative and ultimately doomed to fail.

* couldn't think of a better term

Nufc.com reporting that that nufc officials are sealing permanent deals overseas for two players with the cabaye money...

GREAT!

and while they're at it, maybe then can explain why they haven't spent any of the new tv deal money they've had all bastard summer to invest

Because trying to finish as high as possible is financially & emotionally* rewarding and simply surviving is negative and ultimately doomed to fail.

* couldn't think of a better term

Agreed. Maybe comparisons to the Spurs model are not appropriate given they do spend quite a fair bit of money but teams like Swansea are managing to play good football, attract players and win the occasional trophy despite not being continuously successful. Funny how we now seem leagues behind teams that were a couple of divisions below us not too long ago.

Nufc.com reporting that that nufc officials are sealing permanent deals overseas for two players with the cabaye money...

NUFC representatives overseas means JKF on a booze run to France and finalising a deal with Larry White as PSG.

Edited by scotty84

i'd be surprised if he's 1 in 2, are you sure? i'd be surprised if he's hit double figure league goals for juve ever like

Transfermarkt states a 187minutes per goal ratio in Serie A

w5m0.png

it's funny how people on here get all sniffy when we're linked to people. a few turned their noses up at darren bent. i'm pretty sure we'll regret not signing him, a proven premier league goal scorer, when the window shuts and shola is still our second or third choice striker.

Spurs odds on to sign Willian and Lamela. Probably means Bale is off but I think in whole they've done brilliantly in the transfer market. Still remember the days we used to tonk them 4-0.

it's funny how people on here get all sniffy when we're linked to people. a few turned their noses up at darren bent. i'm pretty sure we'll regret not signing him, a proven premier league goal scorer, when the window shuts and shola is still our second or third choice striker.

Bent with decent service is deadly. Ghosts about and seems invisble till the back of the net flaps.