Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not sign anyone in this window.

:aye: The whole McCarthy bid has a similar feeling to the N'Zogbia bid after Carroll left, not as late in the window but Whelan is very opposed to selling to us.

I have to say, I don't expect us to sign anyone either. If we don't, then that will definitely be the end of Pardew, as the club will have to get rid of him if results don't pick up as I imagine they'll play the 'we didn't sign anyone because the manager said the squad was strong enough' card/bullshit.

Then it'll be Joe in charge.

Jesus.

I have to say, I don't expect us to sign anyone either. If we don't, then that will definitely be the end of Pardew, as the club will have to get rid of him if results don't pick up as I imagine they'll play the 'we didn't sign anyone because the manager said the squad was strong enough' card/bullshit.

Then it'll be Joe in charge.

Jesus.

Think you're right, also thing that process has already started...from the weekend interview with the dof:

Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. But we are working together not plotting against each other.

Why didnt they just sack the cunt in June and appoint Kinnear then if they felt that strongly?

I imagine Llambias being there prevented that, he's fucked now though.

If we get relegated then I imagine that will just prolong Ashleys tenure at the club. If he wants to protect his investment he needs to bring a couple of strikers in at least. Hes a silly fucker if hes learned nowt from last season. He strikes me as mean and petty in business; see what he did to JJB sports. He doesnt want to spend until Cabayes sold for a price hes happy with. It could all be too late by then though, the stupid fuckin cunt...

I think Pardew is doomed like. I also think he knows it. Kinnear will definitely be put in charge, despite what he says on the contrary, because the hierarchy have shown before that they're lazy tight bastards and putting Kinnear in charge is the cheap and easy option. As much as I question Pardew tactically, if he sacked the alternative is much, much, worse. It's fucking sickening isn't it?

The thought process of Mike Ashley confuses me. He wants to make money that is glaringly obvious and it does not matter to him if it is at the expense of the club and its fans. So he gets his scouts to find young talent and tries to sell them for big profits a few years down the road. What I don't understand is if he really wants to make money why he wouldn't reinvest his money in the club and buy talents such as Christian Eriksen who is more expensive but could be sold for millions if he plays to the potential he is capable of not only that but the more successful the club the more ppl but tickets jerseys merchandise which means more money for Ashley. Look at Barcelona they got the money spent on Neymar on jersey sales alone. You have to spend money to make money why wouldn't you be ambitious enough to make hundreds of millions not just tens of millions if money is your only goal. Secondly I've heard that he wants the club to do bad to sell the club which doesn't make sense cause who is going to pay the money he wants for the club when the club is in shambles? Basically what I am getting at is that no matter what his intentions are for the club are he seems to be failing miserably in all accounts talk about a useless person. If life was a game he would have been lost already smh!

The thought process of Mike Ashley confuses me. He wants to make money that is glaringly obvious and it does not matter to him if it is at the expense of the club and its fans. So he gets his scouts to find young talent and tries to sell them for big profits a few years down the road. What I don't understand is if he really wants to make money why he wouldn't reinvest his money in the club and buy talents such as Christian Eriksen who is more expensive but could be sold for millions if he plays to the potential he is capable of not only that but the more successful the club the more ppl but tickets jerseys merchandise which means more money for Ashley. Look at Barcelona they got the money spent on Neymar on jersey sales alone. You have to spend money to make money why wouldn't you be ambitious enough to make hundreds of millions not just tens of millions if money is your only goal. Secondly I've heard that he wants the club to do bad to sell the club which doesn't make sense cause who is going to pay the money he wants for the club when the club is in shambles? Basically what I am getting at is that no matter what his intentions are for the club are he seems to be failing miserably in all accounts talk about a useless person. If life was a game he would have been lost already smh!

There is a massive risk in speculating on expensive players, if it doesn't come off. Liverpool arsenal and spus are all chasing one champions league spot and if we went into that mix the chances of any of us making it are reduced again. The uefa is scant reward financially, more of a punishment in terms of the cost to your season.

The biggest prize in football for those not challenging at the very peak is not an fa or league cup, or qualification to the uefa or selling players you got cheap for big money even. It is surviving in the top flight ... Or promotion to it. Ashley's eyes are firmly on that prize alone. Relegation is an acceptable though regrettable risk. Bouncing back is the only essential thing.

In my view, it's understood between Pardew and Ashley that the ONLY requirement on Pardew is to survive in the league. He got an 8 year deal and won't be fired in those 8 years as long as we are on the top flight (outer outside of the relation places).

Pardew is happy with that long term contract, and minimal expectations. He'll not rock the boat insisting on any further funds or better depth and the added pressure for improved performance that comes with it.

Still just trying to be West Brom.