Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say there's no way we'll be near the top twenty richest clubs when Ashley is finished with us. Our profile on both a national and international level will have shrunken substancially and all that brand recognition formed in the mid and late 90s through to the early 2000s will be long gone.

It's not just the present, it's the future and past Ashley is destroying.

He's like a fat, evil Dr Who.

I'd say there's no way we'll be near the top twenty richest clubs when Ashley is finished with us. Our profile on both a national and international level will have shrunken substancially and all that brand recognition formed in the mid and late 90s through to the early 2000s will be long gone.

There's no surprise he's fucked our brand. It's what he does.

Like Chez said, maybe the real transfer window for us these days is January. Although if we're going ok I think Ashley will probably defer it again

There is no defer. We will spend if he has to and only if he has to. And by has to, I mean if our performance threatens his ability to get his money back out. If he feels he doesn't need to spend then he won't simple as that. Of course our best players will soon get tired of playing for a team going nowhere and they'll want to move on. At that stage if someone comes in for them at the right price they'll be sold and they'll be replaced with cheaper options and the fat cunt will have more money to pocket.

todays big question:

WAS LEAZES MAG CORRECT ALL ALONG??!!

:o

Let him back on for an hour to hear his side? :)

:lol:

Stevie has already been having a chat with Leazes on Twitter and it's pretty clear that he's not changed a bit. He still thinks he was banned for his views.

todays big question:

WAS LEAZES MAG CORRECT ALL ALONG??!!

:o

Let him back on for an hour to hear his side? :)

It's like christmas day on twitter for him :lol: www.twitter.com/Leazes_Mag and www.twitter.com/nufcne5

Edited by McFaul

hang on, ashley's a football genius isn't he? isn't he our white knight?

He certainly WAS our white knight but that's been done to death.

As for genius, I think he had the perfect formula for what he was trying to do, make us profitable while sourcing quality players. Just over 12 months ago he was receiving plaudits from most of the football world.

Then came last years fuck ups on and off the field which has completely (IMO) left him totally uninterested and looking for the exit.

None of the above takes away from him being a tactless cunt btw, but his vision for how you transform a debt ridden club that paid for its signings on the never never and was bloated with journeymen into a profitable club with quality players was pretty damn good.

It's a shame that it wasn't his love or main focus or that he didn't have the nouse to appoint a good football administrator years ago.

But as for trying to transform a knackered club it was definitely a good attempt.

We either now need someone who cares to carry on that plan or a Man City fairy godmother which is very unlikely.

He certainly WAS our white knight but that's been done to death.

As for genius, I think he had the perfect formula for what he was trying to do, make us profitable while sourcing quality players. Just over 12 months ago he was receiving plaudits from most of the football world.

Then came last years fuck ups on and off the field which has completely (IMO) left him totally uninterested and looking for the exit.

None of the above takes away from him being a tactless cunt btw, but his vision for how you transform a debt ridden club that paid for its signings on the never never and was bloated with journeymen into a profitable club with quality players was pretty damn good.

It's a shame that it wasn't his love or main focus or that he didn't have the nouse to appoint a good football administrator years ago.

But as for trying to transform a knackered club it was definitely a good attempt.

We either now need someone who cares to carry on that plan or a Man City fairy godmother which is very unlikely.

Our best hope is that he fucks off and sells to someone who looks to run us in a profitable way like he seemed to want to a couple of years ago. I've long since given up on the hope that a fairy godfather will appear so we will have to be self sufficient. There's no way (certainly not in the short term) that would get us near the top four never mind a title. But at least it could give us a hope building something season on season that we could have hope in and be proud of!

I think the only planks are the ones trying to defend the regime pal. For the record he's scored 6 goals in his last 72 matches.

Now you're calling me a plank? First a keef and now a plank? I've never been so offended!

Whats a keef btw?

:lol:

Stevie has already been having a chat with Leazes on Twitter and it's pretty clear that he's not changed a bit. He still thinks he was banned for his views.

I gave up trying to explain to him. It just doesnt sink in that most people agreed with his main point but the way he put it across in every fucking thread is why he got banned :lol:

There HAVE to be some more Russians/Arabs looking to have some fun.....why they would look to us now I've no idea :(

We don't even need that mate. This club can be run on a similar model to that employed a couple of years ago. Sure every so often we'd sell Cabaye for £20m, but we'd sign replacements for £4m. The amount of tv money should mean we're comfortable.

I gave up trying to explain to him. It just doesnt sink in that most people agreed with his main point but the way he put it across in every fucking thread is why he got banned :lol:

thick headed buffoon.

Now you're calling me a plank? First a keef and now a plank? I've never been so offended!

Whats a keef btw?

Someone from London called Keith, I wasn't necessarily refering to you neither. Twitter is full of divvies today claiming we weren't in desperate need of improving the squad, which frankly is just insulting. People are using a subject close to many of our hearts, like a sixth form debating chamber subject, where you have to defend the indefensible. There is no defence, I think it's great that intelligent people will look for angles, but the club/Mike Ashley/Pardew and that fucking cretin Kinnear have all failed. It would be nice to see the pro Ashley people just come out once, and say yes he's an arsehole.

A post of....

Christmas Tree 3/9/13 13:07

I have to agree I was wrong and Ashley is scum who is enjoying this

Would show a lot of humility in my eyes

His mantra is not to make us one of the richest, just one of those with the least debt. He's a clown.

It's not defending anyone in charge to say that this window has been less of a cluster fuck the last summer.

It's not supporting the owner to say Pardew has a better first team than many clubs.

..or that his squad has more depth than many

...or that the injury crisis last year was up there with the worst.

...or that we will be playing less games this year.

...or that the squad is better than last September.

All that can be true as well as Ashley being a cock for not hoying another £10m or so at us. We all know that Ashley is a cock and would get hit on the back of the head if he dropped a penny.

We can put out a competitive starting eleven but that's about it. A few injuries and we end up with Shola up front and Williamson at the back not to mention no one pushing for places so complacency will set in. A few new faces would give people a kick. Lukaku available on loan and we are not mentioned, that's Kinnears complete incompetency. He should have been all over something like that even if it meant shipping Shola out. We will be out of the league and FA cups early doors then will be looking over our shoulder at the drop zone if we are not extremely lucky on the injury/suspension front. I will bet Pardew blames not shifting Gosling/Obertan as a reason for not buying. There is absolutely no way he will speak his mind as he's a spineless puppet. Our season rests on Remy and Ben Arfa doing the business consistently otherwise we will draw a lot of blanks and if they have a great season neither will be here next one.

fucking hell. anyone checked out LM's twitter page? the man is still going on about toontastic, nearly 2 years after he was banned. the man needs to move on, maybe get some therapy.

check out his about bit ffs :lol:

NUFC matchgoer for 48 years. Not fooled by the NUFC bullshitters. Tells it like it is, to the annoyance of 10 year old babies on toontastic or from Singapore

Newcastle

Lol, still with the defense of all this. I get to say I told you so to those giving me grief earlier in this thread. "i fully expect at least 2 transfers" being my personal fave.

Now if only next window these peeps remember the previous ones and stop with the hopeless optimism.

Ah well, as nufc.com says, if we dont get injuries we might stay up at least.

It's not defending anyone in charge to say that this window has been less of a cluster fuck the last summer.

It's not supporting the owner to say Pardew has a better first team than many clubs.

..or that his squad has more depth than many

...or that the injury crisis last year was up there with the worst.

...or that we will be playing less games this year.

...or that the squad is better than last September.

All that can be true as well as Ashley being a cock for not hoying another £10m or so at us. We all know that Ashley is a cock and would get hit on the back of the head if he dropped a penny.

Woah... easy there Mr logic. What's this middle ground you speak of?

Jesus wept.....

Statement From Alan Pardew - Summer Transfer Window

We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.

Source: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130903/statement-from-alan-pardew-summer-transfer-window_2281670_3446911