Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run properly the club is worth around the same as Liv. The identity and potential of the club is akin to that of Barcelona as it goes...Not joking.

I know what you're getting at, but I dont think thats the case. Greater Barcelona has got 3.2milion people for a kick off. What used to be Tyne and Wear is 1.1mill. We may be the biggest City in the north, but we're not a fabled capital of a ancient independant nation with its own language either. All this counts.

I know what you're getting at, but I dont think thats the case. Greater Barcelona has got 3.2milion people for a kick off. What used to be Tyne and Wear is 1.1mill. We may be the biggest City in the north, but we're not a fabled capital of a ancient independant nation with its own language either. All this counts.

Build it and they will come.

Their worldwide pull/trophy winning pedigree probably swings it over our bigger stadium.

At the risk of causing offence.

Mcfaul's gonna gan light.

In some parallel universe where we had their success, we would have the global pull etc.

Sadly we've been run by cunts far more than them.

• 1 month later...

Manchester United tell Wilfried Zaha he can leave on loan this JanuaryNewcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Fulham are among the clubs keen on taking the 20-year-old having failed to play competitively for the Reds

Wilfried Zaha has been told that he can leave Manchester United on loan this January.

Boss David Moyes will let 20-year-old Zaha go to a Premier League club until the end of the season.

Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Fulham have already registered an interest in taking the winger, with more clubs set to join the chase.

Zaha is yet to make a competitive appearance for United since moving from Crystal Palace for £15million.

Moyes does plan to give Zaha a first-team chance before January, with the Capital One Cup clash against Norwich on October 29 his best opportunity to impress.

He’s part of the England Under-21 squad for the European Championship qualifiers against San Marino and Lithuania.

Canny player from what I saw of him when he was at Palace. All because he (allegedly) had a go on Moyes' daughter eh :lol:. The lads been unlucky that Januzaj has emerged, I'd definitely like to see him here but must admit I don't really like loans without a clause to make it permanent.

Saw him at the U21s in reading a few weeks back. Looks strong, fast and skilful.

Reminded me of a young Ronaldo in that he spent too much time pulling tricks, but if like Ronaldo he can cut some of those out he'll be quality.

I'm tired, I read that as "Saw him at the U2 sign reading" and thought ill of him for his (and your) taste in music

Loic Remy could seal permanent Newcastle deal in January for £6million 14 Oct 2013 22:32

The French striker has set the Premier League alight this season, and Newcastle could look to wrap up a transfer in January

Newcastle-v-Hull-2290765.jpgToon soon? Loic Remy could sign for Newcastle as soon as January
Getty

Loic Remy will be handed the chance to seal a permanent move to Newcastle in January.

The Geordies have a £6million fee agreed with QPR for the on-loan striker, on top of the £2m they are already paying for his loan spell.

In a bid to ward off summer competition the Magpies are considering moving quickly to secure Remy, and an extra striker in the New Year – the position boss Alan Pardew wants to strengthen.

The Toon can match Remy’s wage demands, but may have a battle to persuade him to commit to the North East long term, if clubs competing in Europe emerge as interested parties.

French striker Remy has scored five goals in his last three games, and has publicly kept his options open on his next move.