Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest worry is again keeping what we have. I sometimes think the club play on that a little but not qualifying for Europe this season could have players like HBA and Cabaye looking elsewhere? I could certainly see enquiries coming in. If we could keep everyone and add two strikers and a centre half if Colo goes then that would do me. Think it's something we have to get used to, waiting for the window to close so we can put the rumours of someone leaving to bed.

We need to spend money just to stand still tbh.

You always do. Players fall out form, get injured or just generally stagnate without someone coming in to freshen things up. Even the best teams bring one player into their first team pool each season even if they've just been successful.

I'd like to see some fresh options up front really, not just the typical big bloke like Shola. Someone with a bit of pace if Gouffran is ever fucked. Would like to see Gosling turfed out so Bigirimana can get some more game time and hopefully, Vuckic can prove he's not a total donkey. A RB will be needed if Simpson goes unless Tavernier proves to be a viable option. I think we'll see a fair bit of movement but I don't think we'll like all of it. Cabaye to leave would be my guess.

I'd try and get Bassong back to bulk the defensive options a bit - he's better than Willo and Perch for when Taylor gets his customary injury.

I'd like to see Bassong here again too, but presumably we'd have to all but guarantee him first team football. I can't see him moving from Norwich (where he's arguably been their player of the season) to sit on our bench.

I'd like to see Bassong here again too, but presumably we'd have to all but guarantee him first team football. I can't see him moving from Norwich (where he's arguably been their player of the season) to sit on our bench.

Isn't he only on loan?

He'd be guaranteed a start of Colo goes, seeing as we never get a full season from Taylor. He'd be alright with MYM.

Isn't he only on loan?

He'd be guaranteed a start of Colo goes, seeing as we never get a full season from Taylor. He'd be alright with MYM.

Nah, he signed for Norwich permanently for £3m or £4m ish at the start of the season.

Nah, he signed for Norwich permanently for £3m or £4m ish at the start of the season.

Criminal we didn't get him then - definitely more experienced and able than Willo. French-speaker too.

:glare:

April 1st is it? Fuck off Ashley you're not that ambitious about OUR club! :spit:

:icon_lol::crylaughin::pmsl:

What happens if he is though? Doesn't matter either way - this is either rubbish and not happening, or does happen and Pardew plays him at RB.

He's on £250k a week isn't he?

Aye but I think he'd be willing to take a massive pay-cut, bearing in mind what he could get from Ashley/Sports Direct. Win-Win for Rooney and Ashley, the new face of the biggest sports company in the UK. Sponsorship for that would be unreal.

Won't happen! We've got more chance of getting Klop or Mancini

I agree it won't happen, but I do believe that we're interested and going to attempt to try and lure him up north with a few old wifies