Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Apparently Barca have already recouped the Neymar fee from shirt sales...

Not as though they would have sold a lot less without Neymar. Glory hounds the world over will get Barca/Real Madrid shirts more or less regardless of who they buy. They'll still dominate the sales and their league with more realistically prices players.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Neymar is surely part of the cumulative effect that allows them to sell so many?

Yes, though Neymar was priced more realistically than Bale. My point was that new players of sufficient shirt selling quality don't have to cost ridiculous amounts. I'm very interested to see how Bale does and how he fits in with the team - he should do exceptionally well seeing as many of the opposing teams in that league are weak.

It's one of the ways we miss out on revenue that needs working on. One or two marquee players and proper summer tournaments in Asia etc...Pissing around in Portugal playing midgets was ridiculous. Just a holiday really.

My point is - they apparently sold a good few NEYMAR Barcelona shirts.

As they would have anyone that the media makes a spectacle of.

It's one of the ways we miss out on revenue that needs working on. One or two marquee players and proper summer tournaments in Asia etc...Pissing around in Portugal playing midgets was ridiculous. Just a holiday really.

The way football is readily available all over the world at the touch of a button, we should employ someone to identify markets and aggressively market Newcastle United there. America is a huge market and their interest in "soccer" is definitely growing. Given Newcastle Brown Ale's popularity over there, the opportunity to have some kind of mutually beneficial tie-in is massive.

It's weird for someone who has made so much money from taken advantage of brands, to so comprehensively fail to make the most of ours?

Aye, not gonna happen. Wouldn't be surprised if Carr and JFK didnt leave the country again until after the window shut. The derby should be fun this year with the fighting spirit we have in the team

We're not even being linked with anyone. I fully expect Ashley to 'keep his powder dry', royally fucking pardew up the arse for the second consecutive summer. This time he'll get the chop shortly after the window shuts.

10 including today

I thought deals had to be concluded by 12:01 2nd September?

Preparing for the January transfer window.

Depressingly, that's probably bob on

I think that's pretty good money for Cabaye to be honest. Although there's obviously the problem that the money won't go back into the kitty for a new players to come in.

Krul I would think is worth close to twice that.

The way football is readily available all over the world at the touch of a button, we should employ someone to identify markets and aggressively market Newcastle United there. America is a huge market and their interest in "soccer" is definitely growing. Given Newcastle Brown Ale's popularity over there, the opportunity to have some kind of mutually beneficial tie-in is massive.

It's weird for someone who has made so much money from taken advantage of brands, to so comprehensively fail to make the most of ours?

Working in south east Asia at the moment, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore - all these countries are absolutely crazy about football. PSV came to Bangkok in their winter break and it was a massive deal. Atletico Madrid bought a Thai player and everyone went out and got their shirts. Tons of people have Everton shirts 'cos they're sponsored by Chang.

I think the Asian market is something Newcastle could easily tap into and probably should have done the summer when we finished 5th. The people out here know their football really well, you get the odd Swansea 'fan' because of the football they've played recently and there are a lot of people who are still interested in Newcastle from back in the Keegan/Robson years. I know Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal came through SE Asia this summer, and Barcelona too, but I see no reason why Newcastle couldn't attract big crowds over here if they marketed things properly. A cheap deal with a crisps company and a token Thai signing and you're sorted.