Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Rugby next?

I particularly like the Carr line :D. The fact that you thought 2 or 3 signings meant we had a magic formula in the transfer market that would yield world class players on a shoestring doesn't mean anyone else did.

Poor Leazes was hounded from the board for highlighting the stupidity of putting faith in the current regime.

Bring him back.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Carr doesn't seem as good as we were lead to believe.

Or he's presenting page after page of reports on great talents that Ashley & Joe are saying no to?

Rugby next?

I particularly like the Carr line :D. The fact that you thought 2 or 3 signings meant we had a magic formula in the transfer market that would yield world class players on a shoestring doesn't mean anyone else did.

Poor Leazes was hounded from the board for highlighting the stupidity of putting faith in the current regime.

What a load of crap :lol:

Being supporting Newcastle longer than you've been breathing and through much darker days than these so stick Rugby up your arse.

Most observers and fans up until recently would have thought GC was doing a good job. We were being bandied around as having an excellent recruitment policy and were the golden boys of France.

As for Leazes, he got hounded out for his anti social behaviour, not his views.

Being supporting Newcastle longer than you've been breathing and through much darker days than these so stick Rugby up your arse.

Most observers and fans up until recently would have thought GC was doing a good job. We were being bandied around as having an excellent recruitment policy and were the golden boys of France.

Again, I don't think GC can be said to be doing a bad job yet.

Look, prior to this window we've picked up some cracking bargains through him, I know the new wave aren't performing brilliantly but I think that's as much down to the management and the general malaise at the club than any fault on their part. Sissoko & MYM are definitely good players, Debuchy... I think he's suffering ennui more than most, Gouffran is decent but was always a squad player.

I honestly think Joe's appointment has clipped Carr's wings as much as it has Pardew's.

re: the bit in bold, that's spot on fwiw

I'll guarantee I've been to more games in the last 20 years than you have been to in your life.

Graeme Carr is still doing a good job I'm sure, despite constraints. His employers are still doing as bad a job as they ever were.

Or he's presenting page after page of reports on great talents that Ashley & Joe are saying no to?

I'm more thinking of the ones we've brought in who so far are not quite as hot as maybe we were lead to believe such as Debuchy, Sissoko, Gouffran, Mbwia etc etc.

That's not saying they are crap, just that, so far, they all lion pretty average.

Strange that they haven't made new attempts to sign Derdiyok. He has been frozen out of Hoofenheims first team and has to train with the reserve team. He is challenging this in court and it became public that the club received loan offers of 500k from Hannover, Bursaspor and Juventus which failed due to his wages and because he doesn't want to play in Italy.

Carr is doing a good job, it's hardly his fault he's had targets not bought. He identified that Aubemeyang a while ago iirc, we didn't move on him Dortmund then got interested and we lost our chance, Douglas deal was cancelled by our world class DoF. There's probably many more, we lost out on Remy and he had Gouffran as a second target.

I'm more thinking of the ones we've brought in who so far are not quite as hot as maybe we were lead to believe such as Debuchy, Sissoko, Gouffran, Mbwia etc etc.

That's not saying they are crap, just that, so far, they all lion pretty average.

Think Sissoko and Yanga are going to be good.

They would have to pull something ver special out of the bag to get me up for this season. Currently at my lowest ebb for a while with NUFC.

Graham Carr doesn't seem as good as we were lead to believe.

The Frenchies are fairly average.

Shola's still getting a game.

Pardew seems no better at moulding these players.

Ashley seems more disinterested than ever and looks like he's now playing out the end game.

Which probably means another shit owner with big ideas but no money.

Shane's on loan.

As opposed to one with big money and no idea?

Strange that they haven't made new attempts to sign Derdiyok. He has been frozen out of Hoofenheims first team and has to train with the reserve team. He is challenging this in court and it became public that the club received loan offers of 500k from Hannover, Bursaspor and Juventus which failed due to his wages and because he doesn't want to play in Italy.

Quite a lively forward iirc.

I agree. Looks to have ability and still young, just hasn't had a good chance to set the world alight. Same can be said for Kadlec and Necid. The two Czech strikers who have been available.John Guidetti is still at City. I think a 10mil bid would be a decent deal.I just dont think the regime is seriously looking or trying for that matter.

As opposed to one with big money and no idea?

Well sort of.

Obviously we want big money big idea, but Id hate to end up with some Barry Most or whatever who tried to appease fans and fucked the club up in the process.

It's just a sign of how fucked football is really. It's a shame you can't really have a punt at doing something without risking financial ruin.

ITS FUCKING "BEEN"!

I am going to post this every page now.

We will not sign anybody else this window.

Who needs anybody else, look at this badass!

0,,10278~12091757,00.jpg