Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Well sort of.

Obviously we want big money big idea, but Id hate to end up with some Barry Most or whatever who tried to appease fans and fucked the club up in the process.

It's just a sign of how fucked football is really. It's a shame you can't really have a punt at doing something without risking financial ruin.

If a local businessman said he could raise the funds to pay Mike Ashley but the club would have to work within its means as wasn't much left over, I'd take that if the new owner wasn't a cunt and respected NUFC and it's history. Would Mike Ashley sell to a potential buyer for the £134M he bought the club for if the new owner said he'd spend on the club to make it great and able to compete to get us up among the top placed clubs? Would he take the hit on the money Shepherd, Hall and he himself accrued to the debt for the well being of NUFC? Would he fuck is the probable answer.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more thinking of the ones we've brought in who so far are not quite as hot as maybe we were lead to believe such as Debuchy, Sissoko, Gouffran, Mbwia etc etc.

That's not saying they are crap, just that, so far, they all lion pretty average.

I think some on here did over hype some of the January signings...twatting Chelsea didnt help perceptions either..but you and only you are responsible for falling for said hype, see the "Mike Ashley- Football Genius" thread for evidence.

1. 1143:_69045590__66615864_getattachment.jpg
    Ben Smith, BBC SportFOOTBALL

_69536652_bafetimbi_gomis_afp.jpg

"Newcastle are one of the clubs who will be busy over the final few days of the transfer window. Their manager Alan Pardew is desperate to bring in one more striker to bolster his squad.

"There has been an enquiry for their former striker Demba Ba, now at Chelsea. But at this stage the finances do not add up for Newcastle. That is likely to mean the St James' Park club go back in for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis, 28, who they have attempted to sign twice already this summer."

Edited by The Fish

There's a difference between spelling and punctuation nazis and people telling you that you're using the wrong fucking word man.

shocker that the biggest pedants on the bored are hopping on his back :razz:

I think some on here did over hype some of the January signings. ......, but you and only you are responsible for falling for said hype.

Well that's clear as mud. :lol:

Lots of the so called experts have raved about Debuchy for example (and still do) but so far he looks little better than Simpson.

Cabayes had one decent season, Ben Arfas playing time here offers glimpses of individual brilliance but overall doesn't produce a lot. Santon, Sissoko, even Cisse all look glaringly average.

Well that's clear as mud. :lol:

Lots of the so called experts have raved about Debuchy for example (and still do) but so far he looks little better than Simpson.

Cabayes had one decent season, Ben Arfas playing time here offers glimpses of individual brilliance but overall doesn't produce a lot. Santon, Sissoko, even Cisse all look glaringly average.

Ok, I'll try again. Look at what you said about the players in the "genius" thread and compare it to what youve just posted. That is the dictionary definition of falling for someone else's overblown and ill formed opinions. Better to wait and judge ratther than rushing in like a hormonal teenager, pledgeing undying love. Like you did with shine. That,though, is seemingly both a love that shouldnt speak its name and also one that refuses to die . For some unfathomable reason :lol:

Ok, I'll try again. Look at what you said about the players in the "genius" thread and compare it to what youve just posted. That is the dictionary definition of falling for someone else's overblown and ill formed opinions. Better to wait and judge ratther than rushing in like a hormonal teenager, pledgeing undying love. Like you did with shine. That,though, is seemingly both a love that shouldnt speak its name and also one that refuses to die . For some unfathomable reason :lol:

Come on and Shane,

Shane like a star!

Shane like a star,

This kid will go far.

[/Aswad]

Give over man!

Are you seriously saying football fans should no longer get excited over signings?

If we sign someone and the lads who watch loads of different leagues reckon they're a good signing then I'll get excited. If they turn out not to live up to their hype then I'll call a spade a spade.

As for Shane, he's a newcastle youngster on loan still chalking up assists so I'll keep the faith a bit longer ta. :)

There's some weapons grade stupidity eating up this thread.

So if we disagree on a players abitlity we're stupid?

They all need time, thats what most of us agree on. The one whos had the most is Santon, and for me hes iffy to say the least. Pardew obviuosly doesnt help. The other one is Debuchy, theres no doubt about it that he was over hyped by some on here. An international standard fullback should show better than what hes done up to now. The others a plainly very talented indeed, Mbiwa included. More good games than bad.

Come on and Shane,

Shane like a star!

Shane like a star,

This kid will go far.

[/Aswad]

:lol:

fucking Hell man, that'll be in my head all afternoon!

Give over man!

Are you seriously saying football fans should no longer get excited over signings?

If we sign someone and the lads who watch loads of different leagues reckon they're a good signing then I'll get excited. If they turn out not to live up to their hype then I'll call a spade a spade.

As for Shane, he's a newcastle youngster on loan still chalking up assists so I'll keep the faith a bit longer ta. :)

That's not what he's saying though, is it? There's one thing being curious to see them and another calling them the best signings of the window because someone on here said so. I think you'd be lying to yourself if you said you didn't jump to conclusions far too quickly tbh.

So if we disagree on a players abitlity we're stupid?

They all need time, thats what most of us agree on. The one whos had the most is Santon, and for me hes iffy to say the least. Pardew obviuosly doesnt help. The other one is Debuchy, theres no doubt about it that he was over hyped by some on here. An international standard fullback should show better than what hes done up to now. The others a plainly very talented indeed, Mbiwa included. More good games than bad.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick but that generally happens when you put words in peoples mouths. :up:

calling them the best signings of the window

Not sure where you are going with this. I certainly never called them the best signings of the window.

I think you"ll find its others who over hype the new recruits. I'm usually the "are they any good" bloke.

In fact my first response on the day we signed Debuchy was

"Last I heard this fella was having a shocker start to the season iirc. Has he come good again?

Edited by Christmas Tree