Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Aubemayang getting linked with Anzhi, and speculation of Swansea interest too.

I was not aware of this:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-linked-saint-etienne-striker-4015799

Asked about his future in a recent interview, he said: “My target is to play in a European competition next year. I don’t know if it will be the Champions or Europa League, but for sure, at this point in my career, I need to play in Europe.

SIgh. Not saying I believe the press on this one but I can't believe Swansea are now a better alternative to us to some players.

If not him, that pretty much leaves Bony as the only other great option for us up front? Apparently he's pretty similar to Cisse which confuses matters too.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busquets is a shite defensive midfielder imo hence why he spends his time on the ground or trying to get away with being a cheating wee fucker, and Schweinsteiger can and has played both roles over his career, yes he's a DLP but he's still more defensive than say Pirlo would be as a DLP.

I used Schweinsteiger as an example purely because he's got a bit more to his game than someone like Garcia (just like Busquets is better on the ball than he is defensively), so the comparison to Schweinsteiger imo is closer, both happy on the ball but Schweinsteiger is probably better defensively whether he's in DLP at munich or not.

Mascherano is better than Busquets as a DM imo, but he doesn't fit in to barcelonas midfield as well because they want someone who is better on the ball than someone who is great destructively

Mascherano is not better than Busquets as a DM as his distribution and ball retention is nowhere near as good as Busquet's. He also over commits himself too much as well, whereas a lot of Busquets work comes from his anticipation and nipping the ball off somebody's toes than starting attacks due to his excellent range of passing. People underrate him because he is a massive bellend.

I think Busquets is underrated, and the diving tag he has on him doesnt help. Lack of physical presence is something he lacks though, as does his team in general. They were so much more dynamic with Toure and Ibrahimovich in the fold.

I can understand the point about Ant's making about Pique though, come to think of it must be a nightmare for him with the full backs bombing on all the time. And he's also the only real physical presence at the back.

Barca need to bring in a player like Kompany rather than waste money on shite like Song. :lol: As Ant says, when you're playing Mascherano as a CB then there's definitely something not right.

Neymar would've been a better fit at Madrid given the superstar culture there. Although I don't think his ego would work well with Ronaldo's. He probably sees a more regular role playing as a striker at Barca, definitely better than pursuing their false nine business.

Barca's problem is the insistence on playing the majority of balls through the middle. Bayern beat them by using their physical advantage as well as playing narrow in defense. Too many bodies for the tika taka to waltz through. They have no plan B because they're too set in their ways to do anything different. A coach who actually has more input than putting up the team sheet would also help them fare better in the CL next season.

Aye Song was a strange one. Just when he had started to become a decent player at Arsenal too.

I can understand Neymar's choice. Real are full of egos from top to bottom and always seem to be on the verge of unstability. Not the place you want to be if you want to develop yourself as a player at the moment.

I've seen him play twice for Brazil - once at SJP and once at Wembley and he was terrible both times.

Seen him a couple of times for Santon but Brazilian Serie A is basically a succession of footballers trying to run as far forward as they can without passing - it makes for good youtube but it's rare you see too much football.

Ok I'll say it....wtf is a dlp?....and would Klopp use it during a coaching session?...if not, I don't want to see it on this board again, capice?... :glare:

Cabaye and Anita are naturally this

This Wilifred Bony looks a proper player like. 46 in 65 last season. Left foot, right foot, with his head. Clever feet too but his best attribute is his composure.

Him and Cisse could work well. Especially with an African connection. Tiote also.

Problem is the same as with Ba. Both our strikers could leave in January for the ACON.

That said, if we got Weimann as well I'd be comfortable with Gouffran and Campbell as our other options. Shola could move on for a last 2 years of first team football.

This Wilifred Bony looks a proper player like. 46 in 65 last season. Left foot, right foot, with his head. Clever feet too but his best attribute is his composure.

Him and Cisse could work well. Especially with an African connection. Tiote also.

Problem is the same as with Ba. Both our strikers could leave in January for the ACON.

That said, if we got Weimann as well I'd be comfortable with Gouffran and Campbell as our other options. Shola could move on for a last 2 years of first team football.

no they cant

We're linked with Chris Samba by the Daily Star. Don't believe it myself, 29 years old and paid $100k a week apparently so fails on 2 of Ashley's usual criteria. I recall he was a good player at Blackburn though.

I'm stranely optimistic about our dealings this summer. The new TV deal plus the disastrous season we've just had will surely force Ashley to buy 2-3 'purples' especially if any leave.

If this is the case it makes last summer even more frustrating - we were a significantly brighter prospect to new signings back then than we are now. We had Europe, a top 6 finish, a strong squad that we kept the spine of, and we looked like a club on the up. Not an elite level club challenging for the title, but a couple of brackets below that, at a level where we could be considered genuine top 4 challengers. What a waste.

Dont know, I get the feeling those saying we spend some of our summer kitty in January have a point. We'll probably get a striker in, anything else will be a bonus.

What we need to challenge for 5th or 6th again is a couple of strikers, a winger and a CB at least. And thats assuming noone important leaves. Williamson has to be kept away from the first team, and Jonas needs someone pushing him for a starting place.

Dont know, I get the feeling those saying we spend some of our summer kitty in January have a point. We'll probably get a striker in, anything else will be a bonus.

Spent summer kitty in january? What about last summer's budget which wasn't spent at all? We ended 5th, we should've spent at least £30m cold cash to maintain and build on that. Instead we waited till shit hit the fan completely, spent a little in January on bargain buys, and that is now somehow two seasons of transfer budgets merged into one...

Spent summer kitty in january? What about last summer's budget which wasn't spent at all? We ended 5th, we should've spent at least £30m cold cash to maintain and build on that. Instead we waited till shit hit the fan completely, spent a little in January on bargain buys, and that is now somehow two seasons of transfer budgets merged into one...

I'm sorry, did you miss the meeting where Mike Ashley was deemed to be an utterly useless cunt?...was around May 2009 iirc...

I'm sorry, did you miss the meeting where Mike Ashley was deemed to be an utterly useless cunt?...was around May 2009 iirc...

:lol: Spot on, the bloke has made it abundantly clear he's not going to fund spending sprees pretty sure HF has us as making a fairly decent profit on transfers since he got here. Really don't get why some are still shocked when he doesn't spunk cash.

Yeah it doenst work like that Aeris. Like I said we'll be lucky to get anyone interesting in apart from a striker perhaps. And we had better hope its not Carlton Cole!