Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

I'm not saying i want him sold,and i don't think there will be a queue of clubs fighting for his signature if he was up for sale.Didn't he say last season that he would love to play for PSG.He's the only player we have that can go past players and make things happen.He certainly puts the frighteners on the opposition when on the ball.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has tipped young forward Adam Campbell to make a big impact next season.

Campbell, who became the club's youngest European debutant aged 17 years and 236 days when he came on at Greek side Atromitos last August, missed out on a place in England's U20 World Cup squad this week after being named in the provisional 35-man set-up.

The youngster had been expected to follow the likes of Sammy Ameobi, Brad Inman and Shane Ferguson out on loan but Pardew believes Campbell will instead have a "big year" on Tyneside.

"I look at that younger section, and although we've had some players do well on loan - Brad Inman, Fergie, Sammy - they still need to get more experience next year," Pardew told the Shields Gazette. They could go out again.

"I think the one who is really knocking on the door is Adam Campbell, and I would like to think he will be in and around the first team next year.

"He is only a tiny little guy but a bundle of energy and a bundle of quality as well.

"I've been very careful to look after him this year, but if we can progress him then next season is a big year for him."

Gael Bigirimana did make the U20 cut and will meet his international team-mates at St George's Park on Monday, before flying out to Turkey on 12 June.

England face Iraq on 23 June, Chile on 26 June and then African champions Egypt three days later.

Does this mean we aren't getting a striker?

Would still prefer him, Sammy and Tavernier to go out on loan for the whole of next season. Somewhere they can get week to week first team action. You could add Abeid and Vuckic to that list too.

there's already been a lot of talk of the likes of bigi and campbell having bigger roles and "making the step up next season". doesn't bode well. you'd have thought the numpties will have learned after the cock up of a season we just had that we need a bigger squad.

in an ideal world, one or two quality strikers will come in, bumping shola down to 4th or 5th choice.

we need a new central defender so willo is 4th choice. we'll need two, including a top class one, if colo leaves.

i would alsao like to see some creativity added to wide areas. players with pace that can beat men and give us more options so we don't resort to playing so many hopeful punts upfield next season.

Shall we wait for them to be 26 before we let them in the first squad?

They've got to step up or they've got to be shipped.

Shall we wait for them to be 26 before we let them in the first squad?

They've got to step up or they've got to be shipped.

no, they step up when they're good enough. ideally that isn't because we've no strength in depth and the players in front of them are shite.

campbell is essentially our third choice striker. that's a reflection on our squad's limitations rather than his ability. he's 17 years old or something. he should be on the fringes, or out on loan, learning his trade.

there's already been a lot of talk of the likes of bigi and campbell having bigger roles and "making the step up next season". doesn't bode well. you'd have thought the numpties will have learned after the cock up of a season we just had that we need a bigger squad.

in an ideal world, one or two quality strikers will come in, bumping shola down to 4th or 5th choice.

we need a new central defender so willo is 4th choice. we'll need two, including a top class one, if colo leaves.

i would alsao like to see some creativity added to wide areas. players with pace that can beat men and give us more options so we don't resort to playing so many hopeful punts upfield next season.

You do realise that will happen anyway with Pardew being our manager?

This confuses me.

One of the best things about football for me, is seeing the younger players getting their shots. Bigi has certainly impressed me so far and I reckon he'll be a good central midfielder in years to come. The only way that will happen is if he gets games. I think he has the quality. Campbell is well regarded by many in the club, so I think he'll have a future.

I don't think that the noises we're hearing about them playing a bigger role necessarily means we're not going to be singing other players, does it? I think it means they'll be making more substitute appearances ahead of the likes of Obertan and Shola. I don't think we're going to see an influx of players as we did in January. I think we'll see a new centre back and a new striker (wouldn't be surprised to see a few young additions too).

I think what this statement means is that going by the club's colour code, Bigi and Campbell are no longer "Blues", but the next tier, which is (aooarebtk(* Red.

*that was the most specatcular typo I've ever created, I hadn't the heart to correct it to "apparently"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-luis-suarez-admits-1923130

Suarez admits "I don't know when I'm going and I don't know if I'm staying" at Liverpool

Striker linked with Real Madrid says he's at a "spectacular" club but adds "it's a good moment for a change of environment"

In-demand Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has admitted he does not know what his future holds.

Suarez, linked with week with Spanish giants Real Madrid, insists he is very happy to be at a "spectacular" club such as Liverpool, he also feels the time may be right for "change of environment".

Following the Reds' failure to secure a place in either the Champions League or Europa League next season, the Uruguay international's future has been the subject of much speculation.

That increased when the 26-year-old gave an interview to a radio station in his homeland in which he suggested he could not ignore approach from Real.

His agent, Pere Guardiola, has since intimated that the striker was content at Liverpool and the player has reaffirmed that himself - but he far from ruled out an Anfield exit.

"I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying," said Suarez at a national-team press conference ahead of Uruguay's home friendly against France.

"Obviously the club want me to stay, but I've talked to the coach (Brendan Rodgers) and he knows what I want.

"He was a player, and my team-mates understand that my situation is difficult."

Suarez is in the middle of a 10-match ban handed out for amazingly biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a match.

He has also served a suspension for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra during his time at Liverpool, and been accused of cheating by diving and using his hand to help him score a goal.

Suarez added: "It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through in England, where I haven't been judged as a player but based on other things.

"I have only words of thanks to the club, the fans of Liverpool, but the treatment I received from the rest of England in recent weeks has been tough.

"It (Liverpool) is a spectacular club, but they are aware of the way that the press treats me."

Jesus christ he's really bought into their victim complex hasn't he?

He was banned for racism on the pitch

He was banned for biting on the pitch.

He's been shown to dive, cheat, foul and generally act the cunt on the pitch.

Yet he's saying he's thinking about leaving because he's been harshly treated?

I don't care that he's clearly a gifted footballer, in fact that probably makes it worse. He's got all the tools in his locker to be a brilliant footballer and a great example to millions, yet instead he's a horrible little prick. Sooner this cunt fucks off out of the Premier League the better.

Anzi looking at Cisse for £15 million quid. Reckon we could possibly get a bit more than that for him even though he didn't have a great season.. Could mean Andy coming back as number 9?

The story is backed up by a quote claimed to come from Cisse’s agent, Guido Nickolay;

‘Papiss is interested in several Russian clubs but I wouldn’t want to say exactly which club would want to buy my client as it would not be very correct on my part’

This would explain the talk of the Carroll deal not being dead...and fit in with the "move anyone on for a big enough profit" ethos of the current owners....again, plenty have praised Ashley for his transfers in the last couple of years. This is the other side of the coin. Guess we'll just have to suck it up..

FFS What a nightmare that would be. Carroll for Cisse? Ugggh.

Would suit Pards style and he would be happy enough with it I dont doubt.

Please dont let this happen! :pray:

So infuriating reading some people's comments on twitter etc who want shot of Cisse a.s.a.p mostly because he's offside a lot and cant 'create chances on his own.'