Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'After just a few matches into the CFA 2007-08 season, M'Bengue was embroiled in controversy. While playing in a match against the second team of AS Monaco, he committed a dangerous foul on an opposing player. He was swiftly given a yellow card, however, after realizing the severity of the player's injury, the referee decided to send off M'Bengue. The French Football Federation responded by suspending him 13 matches, which effectively made him ineligible for play until March 2008.[4] '

Sounds like our type of player. If in doubt, chop 'em down!

I reckon Coloccini, Santon, Simpson and Obertan will leave.

Taylor will stay and be our RB backup. We will need another quality CB to replace Colo, a natural left footed LB to replace Santon and a young prospect out wide to replace Obertan.

On top of that we need two strikers...one ready made to challenge and support Cisse and a younger prospect to push the team along with Campbell.

Aside of like for like replacements we only need 2 or 3 major signings.

If we need 5 players 2 of those will be bought in the summer, 2 more in January.

I don't think they will make the same mistake twice.

Lessons have been learned. Or so we hope.

Expecting a pretty good summer.

How would people feel about Tiote going? I actually am leaning towards it.

Rake in 20mil...have Sissoko and Cabaye as our central two with Jonas, Gouffran and Ben Arfa behind Cisse.

Marveaux, a new striker and another new winger giving us options off the bench in the final 3rd. Anita cover for central midfield.

I don't think they will make the same mistake twice.

Lessons have been learned. Or so we hope.

Expecting a pretty good summer.

How would people feel about Tiote going? I actually am leaning towards it.

Rake in 20mil...have Sissoko and Cabaye as our central two with Jonas, Gouffran and Ben Arfa behind Cisse.

Marveaux, a new striker and another new winger giving us options off the bench in the final 3rd. Anita cover for central midfield.

I'd be all for getting shot of Tiote but I doubt anyone would cough up 20mill. Maybe 10 if we're lucky, he's not exactly had a strong season.

I'd be all for getting shot of Tiote but I doubt anyone would cough up 20mill. Maybe 10 if we're lucky, he's not exactly had a strong season.

No doubt his value has decreased but I'd imagine managers at top clubs would think it was to do with being in a poor side. By that a side in the wrong half of the table.

I also think that top managers would fancy themselves at getting the best out of him.

15mil+ and he can do one.

I still reckon we bought Anita as his replacement thinking he was going to leave.

Edited by StellarStripes

Yeah maybe you're right. He's a liability in general, I wouldn't miss him. I don't think I've watched a game this season where I've thought 'Fuck me, wish Tiote was playing'.

Would take him as a squad player but that's just wishful thinking really - I doubt we'd sign an upgrade.

Yeah maybe you're right. He's a liability in general, I wouldn't miss him. I don't think I've watched a game this season where I've thought 'Fuck me, wish Tiote was playing'.

Would take him as a squad player but that's just wishful thinking really - I doubt we'd sign an upgrade.

I think unlike the Carroll situation, we can afford to let him go and click the money.

Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Bigirimana and Gosling.

Anita's best asset is he runs about a lot, Bigirimana could go either way and Gosling simply cannot be a professional footballer. Other than that we're covered.

I forgot we were a championship league able to afford 4 or 5 top class players for 2 positions.

My bad.

Jefferson Montero!!!

youtube, google, bing, do whatever you need to do to look this kid up. He is an Ecuadorian international who plays in Mexico. He plays LW but can play either side and in the middle. Has great pace and vision to pick out the pass but has an eye for the goal and finishes with class. He is the young version of Valencia but can play with both feet. He will be better than Valencia. I know that this will most likely never happen but this would be an amazing pick up and would most likely be very cheap. Ive been watching him in the world cup qualifiers and he has been making defenders look silly. Just recently he scored 2 goals and had an assist against Paraguay. He could of had a lot more if it wasnt for some unlikey ball bounces and team mates not being able to finish. Spread the word lets get the kid.

Jefferson Montero!!!

youtube, google, bing, do whatever you need to do to look this kid up. He is an Ecuadorian international who plays in Mexico. He plays LW but can play either side and in the middle. Has great pace and vision to pick out the pass but has an eye for the goal and finishes with class. He is the young version of Valencia but can play with both feet. He will be better than Valencia. I know that this will most likely never happen but this would be an amazing pick up and would most likely be very cheap. Ive been watching him in the world cup qualifiers and he has been making defenders look silly. Just recently he scored 2 goals and had an assist against Paraguay. He could of had a lot more if it wasnt for some unlikey ball bounces and team mates not being able to finish. Spread the word lets get the kid.

Sick looking player, just what we need on the left side of the pitch.

Someone get a message to Lee Ryder about the 'rumour' doing the mills about Newcastle interested in signing him. Hoping then that he quizzes Pardew on it, who then wants to know who this player is. All we need to do is somehow get the name to Carr.....

Edited by loonyTOON

Isn't it still difficult to get work permits for players over there? Plus it's a bigger risk bringing in a South American. Their leagues are very different as is the culture. It's harder to know how they will react over here. Of course there's always a player like Nobby who can flourish.

Isn't it still difficult to get work permits for players over there? Plus it's a bigger risk bringing in a South American. Their leagues are very different as is the culture. It's harder to know how they will react over here. Of course there's always a player like Nobby who can flourish.

Should do what the likes of Arsenal have done and setup relationships with teams over in Belgium for them to get work permits. :up:

Should do what the likes of Arsenal have done and setup relationships with teams over in Belgium for them to get work permits. :up:

I'd actually started typing something about us not having the relationships with other European teams but lost interest half way through :D

I can't imagine it being quite as easy a thing for us to do as it is for the likes of Arsenal or Manure but it's surely worth investigating. Probably more for African players than South American these days. There are a lot of very good young players coming out of Africa these days and playing in France, Belgium or Holland.