Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Thats a shame that we wont expand to that market. While i understand the need and want to train and bring up home grown players, the diversity in teams is what makes this game amazing.We are little France and have signed great talent but we cant ignore the world wide market that just doesn't make since. Look at all the top clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, The Manchesters ect. they have players from Europe, Africa, South America basically everywhere around the world. Hopefully we can start to diversify a little more and slowly but surely become a top club that I know Newcastle United can be. We are a few players away from becoming a top 4 club and from playing champions league soccer the road to trophies and greatness needs to begin now and it starts with this youngster named Jefferson Montero

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness I can't think of too many bargains that have come to the PL from South American clubs. Actually, there's only a handful of good players that I can think of that have come directly to the PL from SA.

In fairness I can't think of too many bargains that have come to the PL from South American clubs. Actually, there's only a handful of good players that I can think of that have come directly to the PL from SA.

The South American market seems very over priced in my opinion. Stick with France!

Could that be partly due to South American football having more in common with those leagues (and societies) on the continent rather than our own?

The reason South American players are so expensive is because they are purchased by EPL teams after they become establish players such as Antonio Valencia, Luis Suarez, Sergio Aguero. If we scouted in South America to begin with we could get those quality players when they are young and relatively unknown. Most importantly it would be cheap. Besides Brazil which any player that comes out of there is super expensive cause Brazil will always be known as a super power in the soccer world so any player that flashes potential will be over priced the rest of South America in my opinion is up for the taking. As i said before we need to expand our market world wide. We can get quality players and expand the Newcastle United name

Don't we know a couple of South American agents who owe us a favour? :unsure:

Those Agents told Wise, Jimenez, Dewick and Mike they'd definitely see us alright once they got their new glasses.

Linked here with Ajax's Christian Eriksen, translated in broken English:

In dance around Ajax player Christian Eriksen (21) Liverpool joined by league enjoyed Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United.

The latter club, where Tim Krul and former Ajax player Vurnon Anita under contract, made ​​earlier work of the Dane. Before Eriksen age 16 went to Ajax, was the northern English club intends the talent to win. Eriksen, who was also coveted by Chelsea, chose at that time for Ajax. Eriksen remain watchful in the interest of the clubs in the Premier League. The Danish playmaker said first have to want to concentrate on the title race and then take a decision.Liverpool seems the most serious plans to have Eriksen. "The perfect player for Liverpool," let former Ajax player January Mølby recently announced. Ajax coach Frank de Boer said last winter during training camp in Rio de Janeiro have to rely on interest Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Siem de Jong. Also goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer is now linked to big clubs. The Spanish city of Valencia, the goalkeeper of Ajax and the Dutch national team high on his list have. Vermeer, Sunday against PSV suspended, is still under contract until 2015 in Amsterdam.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/...r-Eriksen.dhtml

Apparently he almost came to us when he was 16, but he opted for Ajax instead. He's a fantastic player, and getting him is unlikely and would be a coup. We have an Ajax link with Anita, perhaps him and Krul could convince Eriksen to come?

EDIT: He's Danish, so get Lovenkrands on the phone with him!

Edited by JonTheMag

Liverpool and Spurs are likely to be seen as stronger in his eyes, so our only real chance would be if they didn't go for him. Also, do we need him? Where would be play? Unless you're thinking we'll lose Cabaye.

Not a hope in hell I reckon

Would be nice though

We said the same about Sissoko and Mbiwa...

but yeah, we've got no fucking chance :lol:

Big decisions for Cabaye. Stay for another year of Pardews horrible football or head for PSG. :(

"The market is opening up," he said. "We may look in Spain or England."

"The idea of seeing the great French players here is something I like," he said. "I'm not necessarily talking about Benzema, but maybe [samir] Nasri, [Franck] Ribery or (Yohan) Cabaye.

"But I do not know if it is feasible and I have not had contact with any of them."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-cristiano-ronaldo-wayne-1835333?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Benat is brilliant like but I'm sure he said that he wants to leave Betis to play Champions League football to increase his chances of playing in next year's World Cup.

Yeah absolutely, we can sign one top center mid (Benat perhaps) and a striker with £25m

Or two cheap French youngsters and have enough left over to repay Mike's £18m.

Nail on head mate.

I reckon selling cabaye would be a nail in our coffin too - given his supposed influence among the french players.

Edited by scoobos

• 2 weeks later...

Who do people think that we should be looking to sign this summer then?

I'd love us to go all out and try and sign Belhanda from Montpellier as his creativity in the final third would be a huge asset for us.

There's loads of good playes in the German league and while they're clearly becoming a genuine force in Europe, the Premier League still has sufficient pull to attract good players for smaller wages.

Linked with Weiman from Villa today. I thought he looked a very good player when we played at Villa park.

Weimann would be an excellent signing. Has a good combination of pace, strength, and finishing that we've been lacking up front for a while. Seems a fair bit hardier than Gouffran.

Would prefer Benteke, but I reckon he'll go to Liverpool or Spurs.

There's loads of good playes in the German league and while they're clearly becoming a genuine force in Europe, the Premier League still has sufficient pull to attract good players for smaller wages.

Bar Dortmund and Munich there's a lot of shite in the Bundesliga btw. Don't buy into the lazy journalism that German football is turning into some sort of super league. Those 2 are hardly unknown quantities either

Edit. I know you didn't say otherwise btw

Edited by TheRollingStones

Aye.

It's a great league to watch mind. Much better than what the Premier League has become when you take into account the fan representation, ticket prices and atmospheres.