Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

We're "officially in talk" with gomis as well

Who if I remember rightly we were after from st ettiene a few years back but he went to Lyon instead

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiki says that we were after him under Keegan.

His scoring records canny, not far off a goal every two games for Lyon over the past couple of seasons and a regular judging by the number of games he's played.

I've only seen odd bits of him here and there for France though so I wouldn't like to say how good he is.

From 1260 minutes that NUFC played once the window closed....

Perch played 466 minutes...a little over one game in three.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/9563/Fixtures/James-Perch

Simpson 261 minutes...one in five...

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23683/Fixtures/Danny-Simpson

I'm pretty sure if you look in the "who should we sell" threads, those 2 would be pretty frequent choices.

I agree we're short of options, but I really can't work up any distress over any of these players going. Said it in the Perch thread, if he's on £20k a week and we didn't get the fee we did and he was off on a free next summer, then it would cost us almost £2m to keep him...for 13 games, that's over £150k a game. He's never that valuable to us.

Is the distress not less about those players leaving, and more that our already thin squad has been further thinned and there've been no hints that it'll be thickened any time soon?

Nobody would give a fuck if we waved goodbye to Perch, Simpson, Hell even Steven Taylor or Anita if the right replacements came in. As it stands we've lost an average Right Back and a versatile grafting low-rent player and have nobody to take their place. Even if that place is just wishing the squad that travelled good luck on twitter.

iirc, nobody wanted him as he was a bit Shola-esque early on in his career. I think he became a regular in the French National squads and scored a fair few for his club.

Wiki says that we were after him under Keegan.

His scoring records canny, not far off a goal every two games for Lyon over the past couple of seasons and a regular judging by the number of games he's played.

I've only seen odd bits of him here and there for France though so I wouldn't like to say how good he is.

Keegan actually watched him whilst he was at Saint-Etienne but didn't want him.

Aye Lee Ryder tweeting that AP hopes Gomis is tied up this week.

Is he any good?

Can you just not do what you done like with Marveaux/Ferguson? Hadn't actually saw any of them play but read a couple of media reports and decided he was amazing.

Gomies was meant to be the "new drogba" then everyone realised he was kinda shite.

AP-Gignac is woeful as well frankly

if these are cisse/ba replacements we're fucked, Gomis won't work well either playing up top on his own .

Is he the one who piled on the weight, but had a decent run last season?

20th July ffs. Havent even replaced the squad players that have left. For all the talk of a weak squad last season, here we are worse off with no signs of fixing it. Let alone the striking crisis.

Fully expect a couple of last minute panic buys that where we'll pay thrice the amount a shite player's value.